User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENfP

Wink ENxP (haven't made up my mind yet) says hi!!

Hi guys (and girls)

I've been looking around the internet looking for info and interesting stuff about MBTI when I landed on this site, and I decided to join up since there's a lot of interesting stuff on here!

As for me, I haven't really made up my mind who I am according to this MBTI test. I've tested as ENFP but something deep inside me tells I'm more in between ENFP and ENTP. I'm very extroverted, quite intuitive, a slight P, but I can't decide on F or T. For example, I do recognize not wanting to be in a fight and wanting to get along with everyone, but I definitely do stick to what I think (even if this sometimes works out wrong without me realizing it) and I am very competitive. Also, I'm emotional but it definitely doesn't come out too quickly. Maybe some hints for discerning between the two?

As for interests, I'm nuts about pretty much everything abstract like politics, philosophy, psychology, economics (whatever, you name it; nearly everything). Ghehe, socializing is my addiction as I like nothing better than talking, sharing insights, or just chilling out with a beer and having fun. These are just a few of my many interests; generally anything interesting will fascinate me, which is a lot. By the way, laughing rocks...

I'm really curious how long I last on this forum; ghehe, I guess we'll see. I'm sure you're all cool people to 'forumize' (hmm, I'm quite sure I just invented that word) with!

MBTI
    ISTJ

Welcome! My vote goes towards ENFP...sure SOUNDS like an ENFP. But, I may be a little bias. Need more input.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

Welcome. Join the club on the ENxP thing, I went with ENTP myself because I've had about 4 people ask me if I was an ENTP within the first 5 minutes of meeting me, and I feel that I rely on thinking more than feeling in decision making.

Don't let people's steroetypes about MBTI throw you off from who you really are. You likely have strong traits from both areas, it might not even be cut and dry.

This thread might be of interest to you:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...enfp-entp.html

Quote Originally Posted by hjomn View Post
    socializing is my addiction as I like nothing better than talking, sharing insights, or just chilling out with a beer
    Hah nice, same here. Beer is good no matter what the situation.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

well...if you don't like to fight i think you're an enfp...i know when i do fight it's just because it has to be done...and i know i'm right and i care a whole hell lot about it...otherwise i blow things off to avoid fights...entp's seem to like to practice their debate skills and enjoy it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP

You are much like me. We shall make love underneath that logic tree of emotion.

I went with ENFP because I think I'm like, a super-smart ENFP, not an ENTP. I enjoy blitzkrieging people with "THAT'S NOT HOW THAT WORKS" but I am too ENFP-y for most ENTP's.

MBTI
    ENfP

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    Welcome! My vote goes towards ENFP...sure SOUNDS like an ENFP. But, I may be a little bias. Need more input.
    Yeah, I guess a little info would be handy. Well, let's see, here we go:

I'm quite easygoing (in the friendly sense) and I get along with everyone pretty much always. I am usually the talking one (sometimes too much) and generally, I don't get into fights. I do however have a temper, and if somebody gets past a certain point I can be pretty frightening. This doesn't happen often however, usually only when people try to force things on me excessively or something similar. Ghehe, I don't like authority, as I usually have the tendency to think I'm more than capable of handling it myself. I must say however, advice is always welcome and appreciated, and will often even be accepted and followed. Strange enough, I will follow advice sooner than I will a command.

People often do tell me I can be slightly cocky due to the above, but that isn't really the case inside. When I tell close friends that I'm usually not too confident about things and am influenced quite quickly, some of them are very surprised because I seem the type that always has a solution etc... It's just that I definitely do not feel good letting a weakness show, as it gives me the feeling I fail in something.

I'm stubborn, let's make that clear. It's not very useful but I'm obsessed with what I personally think is right and is rational(and this has been thought over!). If somebody's reasoning does not make sense, I just can't shut up and accept it because you need to be able to explain why you think something, otherwise it will almost always be deemed invalid. When this isn't the case, it's like this feeling grips me and tells me I have to tell exactly why, on some points, somebody is wrong. Sometimes people misunderstand me and think I'm arrogant, but that's not really it I think. Also, when a person doesn't understand my complicated thinking and scorns it, I can get very frustrated and I won't forget!

I am extremely intensive in everything I do (as in concentration) but it can be over as soon as it has started. When I'm very concentrated on something, I do pretty much everything that relates to it, including checking encyclopedias etc.

I generally like to learn new things, and definitely also show people around me I know a lot. I'm generally the type people go to when they need to know something, and I guess I could say I fearfully protect this status too. Not that I blame that person, but I can be quite frustrated (in a sense, it intrigues me too) when people know much more about something than me. Strangely, I do have loooots of respect for those people!! (Ghehe, I will often debate with them, however, as I would have to win a discussion at least once)

Uhmmm, well, that should do a bit more for you...

MBTI
    ISTJ

Hmmmm Maybe your NOT an ENFP? I'm not the best person to ask though. ENFP's I think get distracted easily and don't have much of an attention span. However, you are saying that you can conenctrate for long periods of time on one thing. You are also saying that you have a temper. Thay may not have anything to do with your personality, but when ENFP's get mad, don't they tend to give the silent treatment and ignore you?

Haha, to be honest, I don't know what you are! But the other's will help you much more than I can.

MBTI
    ENFP

Attention span is not measured by MBTI.

MBTI
    ISTJ

I know, I'm just saying it's typical of ENFP's. [At least, the female one's] The male ENFP's are much different from the females, I think.

On a different note, my best friend is a ENFP, and he can have a bad temper- but he's Italian! lol

MBTI
    ENfP

No no, I do have a very short attention span. Always wanting to do too much, and then getting bored.. Sorry, you misunderstood...