Thread: Hi.

MBTI
    IXFX
    Enneagram
    tert
    Socionics
    iary

Default Hi.

Hi, I'm new to this site. I'm an INFx (subconscious J), and after looking extensively for a personality profile/body of information for my type, I came here. Are there some well known traits that INFxs share? Specifically, I was wondering if there were any other INFxs who've experienced problems with writing. I've always wanted to be a writer, but I can't get past the pervading ideology or idea and actually execute it, and this unnerves me to no end. Does anyone have advice for how I can work through this?

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Heya.... don't "work through" it, I'd read up on the INFP/INFJ profiles and you'll slowly start to realize, over time, which type fixates best on your tendancies.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Problems with writing. Every type will experience that. My advice is to just write. Doesn't matter if it's complete crap. Just write and work towards your idea, then later you can go back and edit and distill the good stuff from the rest.

Anyway, welcome to the forums.

MBTI
    IXFX
    Enneagram
    tert
    Socionics
    iary

My tendencies are pretty split. I'm messy except for my books and DVDs, which I organize. I'm really good with artistic stuff that involves physical arrangement (i'm making a mannequin). I feel deficient when I'm not being creative. I like to find the pervading ideology behind everything. I'm not very spontaneous myself because I'm really uncomfortable with people, and I find it less awkward if I plan things, but I'm really attracted to spontaneity in other people, and I enjoy unexpected changes of plan when around people I feel comfortable around. I have a terrible sense of direction, and get confused fairly easily, but I'm also fairly responsible and am prone to anxieties. I am idealistic and obsessive. I am attracted to things that are bizarre. Sometimes I am very articulate and other times i have trouble expressing myself clearly, etc.
    I actually spoke to another INFx recently- he went to my high school- and he had some similar tendencies, albeit manifested differently. The J and P seem to qualify each other even within certain traits. He also said he had the same problem writing, so I'm thinking this is common for INFxs. I'm just wondering if anyone who's had experience with INFxs or with the information could give me a personality profile, or any information that they know. And if anyone has any advice with regards to the writing.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

INFJ

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Welcome Glad to meet you.

BTW, are you jack or the beast?
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

hellooo

There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay
    Oh and I like your name, good choice
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    INFJ
    Agreed

Senior Member ENTJ Extraordinaire's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Lukepd View Post
    Agreed
    while trying to avoid making any definitive answer to the question, i would have to agree also. all the traits explained. the creative block, etc. all lead me to think INFJ.

what sets it for me however is your so-called untidyness, except in those few areas. this is typical of pretty much every INFJ i know. One obsessive interest that gets most attention. the rest can just fall into choas.

however, i would have to say you are a very borderline INFJ if anything, so you could swing between the two. just listening to the way you talk, you sound self-assured, yet you speak with very little conviction. this suggests that although you believe in what you say, you either don't accept it, or you don't understand it.

all that can be suggested is reading over both profiles a few times, making a decision, and just sticking with it.

oh, and Welcome to the Forums
    Actualized type: ENTJ
    Extroverted (E) 64.71% Introverted (I) 35.29%
    Intuitive (N) 56.1% Sensing (S) 43.9%
    Thinking (T) 68.42% Feeling (F) 31.58%
    Judging (J) 65% Perceiving (P) 35%

ENTJ - "Field Marshall". The basic driving force and need is to lead. Tend to seek a position of responsibility and enjoys being an executive. 1.8% of total population.

http://hubpages.com/profile/Joshywa1