User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Hi.

  1. #11
    o edward cullen! Ardea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    729

    Default

    Hello!

    I've seen quite a few INFPs struggle with writing. But it is a very different struggle than the INFJ writing struggle.

    One is motivation, the other is perfection.

    Can you describe your trouble?
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #12
    12 and a half weeks BerberElla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    infp
    Posts
    2,726

    Default

    I don't get how you guys can see infj already, just from the creative block, or the level of untidyness whilst still maintaining neat books and dvds, cds etc.

    I do all of that, plus I have the creative block and I am definately a p.

    I get stuck in the idea mode, things swimming around in my head, and when i actually write I spend so much time going over it and editing it because it doesn't match the images floating around in my head. The words don't do the idea justice.

    My creative writing teacher says in this instance you need to just write, try to set aside some time each day to getting your ideas on paper.

    Once you've written something, in my case she says it's important that I don't do the first read of it, because I will over criticise and end up binning the whole thing.

    However if over criticism isn't your problem, then just write. Carry a notebook with you.

    You know those moments when you feel your muse messing with your head? and the image is coming in real clear, you need to get up and grab a pen and paper and try to formulate some words to explain what is going on inside your head right then. If you don't the idea gets lost, or stamped over with another, even better idea.

    Just try to get as much as you can down on paper. The more you write, the easier it will become to transfer those images, and feelings onto papper.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

    DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

    Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

  3. #13
    Senior Member ENTJ Extraordinaire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    303

    Default

    perhaps you are right. you would probably be better suited to answering the question as you live the life of one of the subjects in question .

    i am just an outsider, trying to understand a way of thinking that is nothing like me.

    i am merely saying that the details described all match up to the INFJ friends that i know quite intimately.
    Actualized type: ENTJ
    Extroverted (E) 64.71% Introverted (I) 35.29%
    Intuitive (N) 56.1% Sensing (S) 43.9%
    Thinking (T) 68.42% Feeling (F) 31.58%
    Judging (J) 65% Perceiving (P) 35%

    ENTJ - "Field Marshall". The basic driving force and need is to lead. Tend to seek a position of responsibility and enjoys being an executive. 1.8% of total population.

    http://hubpages.com/profile/Joshywa1

  4. #14
    12 and a half weeks BerberElla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    infp
    Posts
    2,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ENTJ Extraordinaire View Post
    perhaps you are right. you would probably be better suited to answering the question as you live the life of one of the subjects in question .

    i am just an outsider, trying to understand a way of thinking that is nothing like me.

    i am merely saying that the details described all match up to the INFJ friends that i know quite intimately.

    No no lol you could be right, I just wanted to know how you got to that conclusion based on his posts so far since it seemed so general to me.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

    DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

    Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    No no lol you could be right, I just wanted to know how you got to that conclusion based on his posts so far since it seemed so general to me.
    I'll answer this one

    Quote Originally Posted by jackandthebeast View Post
    My tendencies are pretty split. I'm messy except for my books and DVDs, which I organize.
    Typical Jness, I live with 3 of them lol... say they are messy and sometimes they are with certain things but there will always be a level of conditional tidyness of something

    Quote Originally Posted by jackandthebeast View Post
    I'm really good with artistic stuff that involves physical arrangement (i'm making a mannequin).
    Idk why I get a feeling of J out of this sentence.... could have something to do with the word arrangement...

    Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    I'm not very spontaneous myself because I'm really uncomfortable with people, and I find it less awkward if I plan things, but I'm really attracted to spontaneity in other people, and I enjoy unexpected changes of plan when around people I feel comfortable around.
    So she likes to hang around with Ps? Who wouldn't! but in all seriousness we are spontaneous people... which she claims not to be

    Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    I have a terrible sense of direction, and get confused fairly easily, but I'm also fairly responsible and am prone to anxieties. I am idealistic and obsessive.
    Doesn't sound easy going/relaxed/chill P style

  6. #16
    12 and a half weeks BerberElla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    infp
    Posts
    2,726

    Default

    Right got ya.

    I just thought that since all my dvds, cds and books were alphabetised and in perfect order it could be a P thing too, and I'm pretty strong P from what I remember, however I see your point about the other stuff.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

    DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

    Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

  7. #17
    Senior Member jackandthebeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    IXFX
    Enneagram
    tert
    Socionics
    iary
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Yeah, that seems to make sense. I did test as a J close to the border (53%/47%), but I thought if you were close, you went by INFx. I know i'm definitely more J. but P seems to qualify a lot of my traits, like my sometimes incoherence and difficulty to organize my thoughts, my constant need for new information, my love of a lack of a plan as long as I'm around people I'm comfortable with. I went to a birthday party recently and it got too late so I slept over, and I was thrilled because it wasn't planned. And some of my traits: e.g. the confusion, the total lack of a sense of direction, my discomfort with procedural activities like cooking and driving, etc. seem to be p traits. i just figured that people who didn't test strongly one way or the other went with INFx (subconscious whatever was stronger- I saw this online a couple of times), and I figured there would be some commonly observable traits. But I guess I should change my listing to INFJ.
    By the way, I'm a girl. Sorry if my avatar and my username suggest otherwise. I tried all minute variations on mynameiskaledrina13, but the forum wouldn't let me, so I went with this. By the way, ENTJ Extraordinaire, I love your picture.

  8. #18
    Member bbites's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Welcome to the forums. Enjoy!

  9. #19
    rawr Costrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackandthebeast View Post
    I went to a birthday party recently and it got too late so I slept over, and I was thrilled because it wasn't planned.
    You were thrilled because it wasn't planned? Idk but, for me, unplanned is a default. There's nothing special about being unplanned, its neutral, while overly planned could be a negative (though it is necessary sometimes for me to do anything at all, which turns into a positive). Could you elaborate on this? Was it kinda like dropping a load off your shoulders? Enjoying spontaneity when you normally don't?

    I agree so far with other peoples assessments of INFJ.

    my discomfort with procedural activities like cooking and driving
    That might be more of an N thing.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ?
    Posts
    238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    You were thrilled because it wasn't planned? Idk but, for me, unplanned is a default. There's nothing special about being unplanned, its neutral, while overly planned could be a negative (though it is necessary sometimes for me to do anything at all, which turns into a positive). Could you elaborate on this? Was it kinda like dropping a load off your shoulders? Enjoying spontaneity when you normally don't?

    I agree so far with other peoples assessments of INFJ.



    That might be more of an N thing.
    Hey welcome to the forums JackandtheBeast. I agree with Costin, I've noticed that the J characteristics you might be thinking of might actually be more to do with sensing than judging, Se in this regard, cooking and driving. Also it is quite possible to be a low J or a low P aswell. The auxilary is meant to develop somewhat into the mid 20s, so it might become more pronounced later, either way being well rounded is a cool thing. I'd go with INFJ.

Similar Threads

  1. Hi, cut the grass here
    By disregard in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 11:29 PM
  2. hi
    By FFF in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 10:44 PM
  3. Hi from Gala
    By Gala in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 05:00 AM
  4. Hi, I'm Dark Razor
    By Dark Razor in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 04:59 AM
  5. Hi, I'm Kuranes
    By kuranes in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 02:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO