123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

Default Certified INFP...HELP!!!

Hi...New to typology Central.

I've just discovered my type.INFP. But since then, I've read nothing but negative on the INFP - too emotional (read irrational), too needy, too clingy, too indecisive, too idealistic! How am I supposed to embrace and live my true self with all these negatives?! Proud INFPs out there ...I need some guidance. Oh and please, easy on the jargon, Im just getting familiar with all this. Thankx

MBTI
    ENFP

My girlfriend is an INFP. Are you insulting my tastes, sir or madame?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

LOL! Im a madam...and therefore Im actually glad to hear your response. What do you love about her?
    Last edited by mocca; 12-23-2008 at 10:57 PM. Reason: realized posters personality type is shown, no need to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by mocca View Post
    Hi...New to typology Central.

I've just discovered my type.INFP. But since then, I've read nothing but negative on the INFP - too emotional (read irrational), too needy, too clingy, too indecisive, too idealistic! How am I supposed to embrace and live my true self with all these negatives?! Proud INFPs out there ...I need some guidance. Oh and please, easy on the jargon, Im just getting familiar with all this. Thankx

Read a site that is written by an ENFP psychologist. INFJs and Ts will judge a lot of the personality type differences as negatives, when they are just misinterpretations.

In my view INFPs are intelligent, introverted and slightly more grounded ENFPs, with a bit closer relation to the spiritual (not religious). But the fact you guys are introverted means a lot of it gets misunderstood. So we are seen as hyperactive love children, and you are seen as moody introverts.

Welcome also!!
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

Thanks, noigmn! How do I find such a site?

MBTI
    ISFJ

My best friend is an INFP. And he is really misunderstood. Most people don't get him and it frustrates him at times. But they really do have an interesting take on the world. And they generally know how to empathize with people really well, it's just that they are introverts and so most people don't realize it. But really there's nothing wrong with the INFP type, they just have a different view of the world, but then again most people do, its just that INFPs are rare.

MBTI
    ENFP

Welcome!
    I don't think INFP's are as bad as some people try to make them seem. I think that it's more work to get to know them, which is probably why so many ENFP's are posting good things about them. We take the time bug them until they open up =D.

Quote Originally Posted by mocca View Post
    Thanks, noigmn! How do I find such a site?
    Not sure. Getting to know other INFPs on here is probably the best way. ENFPs have a habit of trying to disprove most theories they come across. So not sure many make a career out of MBTi. Would be good if we wrote the profiles though, because we have a habit of wanting to see the other person from their perspective. I would still never want to write the profile for INFJ or other types that share very few of their first four cognitive functions with me. Because I could only see it on a superficial level, and would probably sell them short.

There are some sites around I've seen where the profiles are written by members of each type though. If I find any again I'll post them for you. Because an INFP description of INFPs would be better again.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    infp

Hi Mocca and welcome

INFPs are no better or worse than any other type

try substitute's brilliant post 'In praise of infps' it warms your heart!
    dont know how to give you the link - perhaps somebody else could

Also try the infp description on www.personalitypage - tis good!
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Maya Angelou

MBTI
    ENTP

Nothing wrong with being an INFP! In fact I envy you guys/gals in a lot of ways! I mean living in your own fantasy, and being idealistic are good traits in my books, there are enough skeptics, and analysts in world! (Says the over-thinking/analysing ENTP!)
    Good Dog Nigel

Arf, arf, he goes, a merry sight,
    Our little hairy friend,
    Arf, arf, upon the lampost bright
    Arfing round the bend.
    Nice dog! Goo boy,
    Waggie tail and beg,
    Clever Nigel, jump for joy
    Because we're putting you to sleep at three of the clock, Nigel. -John Lennon