User Tag List

First 123 Last

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by mocca View Post
    Hi...New to typology Central.

I've just discovered my type.INFP. But since then, I've read nothing but negative on the INFP - too emotional (read irrational), too needy, too clingy, too indecisive, too idealistic! How am I supposed to embrace and live my true self with all these negatives?!
    There's positive and negative traits to every type. So....

[youtube="f-dGBVDMqdY"]Accentuate the positive[/youtube]

You've got to accentuate the positive
    Eliminate the negative
    And latch on to the affirmative
    Don't mess with Mister In-Between

You've got to spread joy up to the maximum
    Bring gloom down to the minimum
    Have faith or pandemonium's
    Liable to walk upon the scene

To illustrate my last remark
    Jonah in the whale, Noah in the ark
    What did they do just when everything looked so dark?

Man, they said "We'd better accentuate the positive")
    "Eliminate the negative"
    "And latch on to the affirmative"
    Don't mess with Mister In-Between

MBTI
    infp

Well as an INFP who felt the same way when I read the type descriptions I have to say that no matter what you read, it will point out stuff you won't like about yourself, because that's what an INFP does.

We seem to skim over the good stuff and settle on the stuff that criticises us the most.

My favourite personality type description is actually a very horrible one:

Polyanna-INFP

So, you want to make the world a better place? Too bad it's never gonna happen.
    Of all the types, you have to be one of the hardest to find fault in. You have a selfless and caring nature. You're a good listener and someone who wants to avoid conflict. You genuinely desire to do good.

Of course, these all add up to an incredibly overpowered conscience which makes you feel guilty and responsible when anything goes wrong. Of course, it MUST be your fault EVERYTIME.

Though you're constantly on a mission to find the truth, you have no use for hard facts and logic, which is a source of great confusion for those of us with brains. Despite this, in a losing argument, you're not above spouting off inaccurate fact after fact in an effort to protect your precious values.

You're most probably a perfectionist, which in this case, is a bad thing. Any group work is destined to fail because of your incredibly high standards.

Disregard what I said before. You're just easy to find fault in as everyone else!

Luckily, you're generally very hard on yourself, meaning I don't need to waste my precious time insulting you. Instead, just find all your own faults and insult yourself.
    Is my favourite paragraph because it's so true lol (of course I could just be a freaky INFP, and none of the stuff I said above would matter )

I also like this site: Portrait of an INFP because you can read up about the good, the bad and the ugly which in turn leads to a better understanding of ourselves.

I mean, there are worser types to be in the grand scheme of things.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I think you're flawed and perfect no matter what your four letters are. They're just letters in the end, right? INFP is a fun class to be, 'cause in the end, there are so many different varieties of us! Don't let a personality profile tell you what kind of person you are going to be, 'cause in the end you are who you are.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

The links that people gave you do go to a very good site.

And greetings! Nice to meet you.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ENFP

The INFP's I know are often terribly misunderstood, yes. My girlfriend has a problem with self-esteem I think. I'm extroverted and arrogant to the extreme. I am trying to get her to be slightly more confident and I would like it if she beat herself up less, but her general behavior and her sympathetic nature really win me over.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I'm not a proud one, but I will say that you can work on bringing out other parts of your personality. I do this just to survive, lol. I don't want to be clingy, needy, or any of those other bad traits. But welcome.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

Wow ...thanks so much guys. I read the profile on the links given and yep! I much prefer that one to the others Ive been reading...feeling better about myself now.
    Do you INFPs find that you are extremely introverted? I mean - while its true that I DO care deeply about people, try to resolve conflict quickly, mediate well etc... I find that I am EXTREMELY uncomfortable in social settings even among people I know well. However, stick me on messenger, or a setting where we can converse online - and I can banter right up there with the best of em. Its actually my PREFERRED mode of communication. I almost wish it was for my family and friends. Unfortunately, it is ruining both relationships at the moment, so i'm working on it.
    Quietmusician. I agree, I don't want t.o be seen as clingy, needy or illogical! Thankfully, I really dont think Im too bad now (at least Im not getting any complaints), but Im on the watch, because my husband happens to be....drumroll please....an INTJ! Go figure.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Welcome

I think you'll find this a good place to self-reflect a bit and get to know yourself. Oh and congratz on catching yourself an INTJ. It's not easy but very rewarding, I would know *grin* If you need any help, let us know
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Hi mocca, if you typed as INFP as a result of taking the actual MBTI, then that is a normative instrument and your traits are normal, useful, and needed. If you took an unofficial online test or socionics, then you're on your own.

If I were a newly minted INFP, this forum would not be my first destination to work out what it means to be one. Maybe read some books on the matter or visit INFP-only sites - they do exist. This place can be unwelcoming at times for our kind... proceed with caution.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

All types have their negatives, it's just that your type is typically much more aware of these. Awareness is necessary for balance. With balance, negatives become positives. If you're not already there, you're certainly not very far.