User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Hey!

MBTI
    ENFJ

Cool Hey!

Hello there!

I have been lurking around these forums for quite a while now, but have finally given in to the urge to sign up and post. I'm allegedly an ENFP, I score pretty consistently on most tests and the profile description seems to match me to a tee for the most part, although I'm still trying to confirm it by learning a bit about functions and all that jazz. (I have to say your smilies here are nothing short of fantastic ) I think MBTI is really cool, and I also dig the Enneagram, although I'm really having trouble typing myself on that one. I seem to get a different result every time I do it. Can anyone recommend any particularly thorough online tests?

About me, I am a physics student in the UK. I love the subject, but I wouldn't really want to work in it long term, far too much time in the lab with meticulous detail (yuck). Not sure how common it is to get NFs in the 'hard' sciences, I seem to be surrounded by lots of logical NT types. I'm in my first year at university, and I love all the new exciting things and people.
    My interests are very fluid, I seem to have a new obsession every month- personality typing is the latest. At the moment I'm also really in to reading (particularly American literature), juggling and ju jitsu.

Anyway, I'm totally rambling. Forums seem like a really nice hangout, I especially enjoy some of the NF group therapy threads, they make me smile and feel less crazy. Or at least, a little less alone in my craziness.

See you on the boards.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Lozzy!

MBTI
    infp

So many ENFPs, so little time..... welcome.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

Sniffles

It's always a pleasure to have another ENFP on board.

How long have you done Jujitsu? Personally I've never trained in it, just grappling in general. Sadly I have to cautious about doing it anymore, with my injured eye.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

hey there lozzy girl!! or boy??
    anyway...hellooooo!!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

^Yeah good question.... an ENFP female studying physics has gotta be like finding a frikkin unicorn!

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Welcome, soon we will have enough ENFP's to fill the board with and
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    ^Yeah good question.... an ENFP female studying physics has gotta be like finding a frikkin unicorn!
    [youtube="h_bDBUrpFCA"]Unicorn Song[/youtube]

A long time ago, when the Earth was green
    There was more kinds of animals than you've ever seen
    They'd run around free while the Earth was being born
    And the loveliest of all was the unicorn

There was green alligators and long-necked geese
    Some humpty backed camels and some chimpanzees
    Some cats and rats and elephants, but sure as you're born
    The loveliest of all was the unicorn

The Lord seen some sinning and it gave Him pain
    And He says, "Stand back, I'm going to make it rain"
    He says, "Hey Noah, I'll tell you what to do
    Build me a floating zoo,
    and take some of those...

Green alligators and long-necked geese
    Don't you forget My unicorns

Old Noah was there to answer the call
    He finished up making the ark just as the rain started to fall
    He marched the animals two by two
    And he called out as they came through
    Hey Lord,

I've got green alligators and long-necked geese
    Some cats and rats and elephants, but Lord, I'm so forlorn
    I just can't find no unicorns"

And Noah looked out through the driving rain
    Them unicorns were hiding, playing silly games
    Kicking and splashing while the rain was falling
    Oh, them silly unicorns

There was green alligators and long-necked geese
    Noah cried, "Close the door because the rain is falling
    And we just can't wait for no unicorns"

The ark started moving, it drifted with the tide
    The unicorns looked up from the rocks and they cried
    And the waters came down and sort of floated them away
    That's why you never see unicorns to this very day

You'll see green alligators and long-necked geese
    You're never gonna see no unicorns

MBTI
    ENFJ

Haha, I love how quickly this thread got sidetracked. I hate to destroy the mystery surrounding my gender, but I am a male, although I think being a unicorn would be pretty awesome. On the subject though, I'm fairly convinced one of my female friends in the department is an ENFP. She bounces off the walls even more than I do, when we hang out we get a lot of bewildered looks because it usually ends up with us planning trips to the arctic circle to see the aurora. No one else seems to follow what we're talking about.

How long have you done Jujitsu?
    I only started in September when I got to uni, went to a couple of sessions on a whim and loved it. It's fantastic as a stress outlet, and my first term has been pretty hectic. I train twice a week, and just got my yellow belt a couple of weeks ago. I really recommend it, it's a lot of fun and the club I go to (part of the 'Jitsu Foundation') has a really strong focus on self defense. I'm really not a violent person, and would hate to get in to a fight but it's nice to know that if you were attacked that you would be able to respond appropriately. Plus I get a lot out of the discipline aspect, I can be pretty unfocused at times. That reminds me, I need to start meditating again soon...

As for the unicorn song. Words cannot describe.

Thank you all for such a warm welcome, ENFPs seem to be well appreciated on these forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Lozzy View Post
    Hello there!

I have been lurking around these forums for quite a while now, but have finally given in to the urge to sign up and post. I'm allegedly an ENFP, I score pretty consistently on most tests and the profile description seems to match me to a tee for the most part, although I'm still trying to confirm it by learning a bit about functions and all that jazz. (I have to say your smilies here are nothing short of fantastic ) I think MBTI is really cool, and I also dig the Enneagram, although I'm really having trouble typing myself on that one. I seem to get a different result every time I do it. Can anyone recommend any particularly thorough online tests?

About me, I am a physics student in the UK. I love the subject, but I wouldn't really want to work in it long term, far too much time in the lab with meticulous detail (yuck). Not sure how common it is to get NFs in the 'hard' sciences, I seem to be surrounded by lots of logical NT types. I'm in my first year at university, and I love all the new exciting things and people.
    My interests are very fluid, I seem to have a new obsession every month- personality typing is the latest. At the moment I'm also really in to reading (particularly American literature), juggling and ju jitsu.

Anyway, I'm totally rambling. Forums seem like a really nice hangout, I especially enjoy some of the NF group therapy threads, they make me smile and feel less crazy. Or at least, a little less alone in my craziness.

See you on the boards.
    Hey! Welcome.

I'm ENFP in physics too, but not much longer. I quite like physics, just over the office and computer screens. Want something more artistic and free for a job.

I used to test quite randomly on enneagram tests also. I found as I did more I became more clear on my answers. I confirmed on one where I got to add it up rather than just answering questions and letting the computer do it. I came out quite clearly a mix of 4 and 5, with 4 a little stronger. After reading a bit more it became pretty clear I was a 4. Things like comfort with emotions, were the give away. Not comfort in the sense you'd expect either, which is probably why I missed it when reading through the types at the start. More where someone can be going nuts and yelling at me in an argument and I still just hear what they are saying and respond accordingly. The yelling has little or no impact.

What types do you test near at the moment? Because the 5 in mine is probably what made me a physics ENFP.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.