User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Sona View Post
    Its amazing that you known the perspective of all of the admin staff. But then you're a woman, they think they know everything.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Its amazing that you known the perspective of all of the admin staff. But then you're a woman, they think they know everything.
    That's because we do.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    That's because we do.
    I can't take it anymore!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

You ignore the most basic ground rule of debate. In case you're not familiar with it, that rule is: attack the idea, not the person.
    Okay well I could point out that your approach missed out several crucial pointers in diplomact or that when you ask someone you do so politely and rarely succinctly. I could point out that trying to pick apart admin staff on what is practically day one or that introducing religion into virtually every subject is also highly offencive to many never mind being quite like taking a blow torch into a petrol refinery shouting "don't worry for I know the true desires of god" and not expect to be shot.

Note I am picking apart your approach and not you yourself, thought the two are intrinsically linked.

I've had this conversation with you before, I recognised your mind and style earlier when you mentioned shaving (just in case your thinking that this is some conspiracy or that I was tipped off). As such I hoped to avoid going over old turf and just continue the conversation.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Xander maintains a "Big Brother" dossier of personal information about everyone he distrusts, to use as a potential weapon. Is your name listed in that dossier? We must unequivocally ask ourselves questions like that before it's too late, before Xander gets the opportunity to blame our societal problems on handy scapegoats. In the end, we have to ask, "Is he hoping that the readers of this post won't see the weakness of his argument relative to mine?" Here's the answer, albeit in a somewhat circuitous and roundabout style: When I'm through with him, he'll think twice before attempting to give lunatics control of the asylum.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Could we get back to discussing logical positivism or something else less personal?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Xander maintains a "Big Brother" dossier of personal information about everyone he distrusts, to use as a potential weapon. Is your name listed in that dossier? We must unequivocally ask ourselves questions like that before it's too late, before Xander gets the opportunity to blame our societal problems on handy scapegoats. In the end, we have to ask, "Is he hoping that the readers of this post won't see the weakness of his argument relative to mine?" Here's the answer, albeit in a somewhat circuitous and roundabout style: When I'm through with him, he'll think twice before attempting to give lunatics control of the asylum.
    Oh gooody. I'd say PM me so the admins don't get concerned but that'd spoil the gladiatorial aspect.

You know this is doomed to be banned/ hidden/ deleted right? It's just not cricket.

Oberon

Could we get back to discussing logical positivism or something else less personal?
    Just your basic average intellectual honesty would be enough to satisfy me.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

I take offence at that!!
    *strikes Jennifer with embroidered pristine white glove.*

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by oberon67 View Post
    Just your basic average intellectual honesty would be enough to satisfy me.
    Your mouse is small.