User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default i'm kind of out of it, so maybe this intro will be better than the one on INTPc

Hello.... I'll try to think of something more interesting than 1) my favorite food is probably raw sweet potatoes and raw guacamole... 2) I'm completely indecisive... 3) i've never been the best at making organized lists or practical schedules... ok... um, once upon a time i was obsessive compulsive... i'm incredibly awkward when it comes to questions... i was being interviewed by a panel for a summer internship when they asked me to describe myself... I mentioned INTP (received with blank expressions)... then I mentioned OCD and tried to explain how those anxiety driven habits would lead to a very meticulous lab book... i wasn't hired. I probably shouldn't reveal all of my idiosyncrasies... but after reading through some of the threads on typology... i feel a little more sane (I don't mean that in a negative way at all). For a period of 4-5 months (way before I become vegan/raw) I would only eat sunnyside vanilla yogurt, plain english muffins, and crumpets.... I typically carry some sort of bag of food with me everywhere I go... including Mexico and Russia.

I played 5 sports in high school... was on a marathon team- herniated a few discs... play tennis for my current school... enjoy cycling and hiking. I admire ultra runners.. and wish I had the symmetrical anatomy and time to be one. If anyone knows who Helen Klein is... kudos to you!... I'd rank her above Dean Karnazes any day.

For those of you who tend to isolate yourselves- Solitude: A Return to the Self (by Storr) is one of my favorites Brave New Brain by Andreasen is another favorite, as well as Encylopedia Neurotica.... for fun: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.

I've changed my major every year... so far I've remained in the sciences... math is my favorite... tutoring calculus was one of the few times I felt outgoing. For a moment I considered majoring or minoring in creative writing... but no. Currently, it's bioengineering.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

welcome
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

howdy howdy partly cloudy!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

tl;dr

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by laintpe View Post
    Hello.... I'll try to think of something more interesting than 1) my favorite food is probably raw sweet potatoes and raw guacamole... 2) I'm completely indecisive... 3) i've never been the best at making organized lists or practical schedules... ok... um, once upon a time i was obsessive compulsive... i'm incredibly awkward when it comes to questions... i was being interviewed by a panel for a summer internship when they asked me to describe myself... I mentioned INTP (received with blank expressions)... then I mentioned OCD and tried to explain how those anxiety driven habits would lead to a very meticulous lab book... i wasn't hired. I probably shouldn't reveal all of my idiosyncrasies... but after reading through some of the threads on typology... i feel a little more sane (I don't mean that in a negative way at all). For a period of 4-5 months (way before I become vegan/raw) I would only eat sunnyside vanilla yogurt, plain english muffins, and crumpets.... I typically carry some sort of bag of food with me everywhere I go... including Mexico and Russia.

I played 5 sports in high school... was on a marathon team- herniated a few discs... play tennis for my current school... enjoy cycling and hiking. I admire ultra runners.. and wish I had the symmetrical anatomy and time to be one. If anyone knows who Helen Klein is... kudos to you!... I'd rank her above Dean Karnazes any day.

For those of you who tend to isolate yourselves- Solitude: A Return to the Self (by Storr) is one of my favorites Brave New Brain by Andreasen is another favorite, as well as Encylopedia Neurotica.... for fun: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.

I've changed my major every year... so far I've remained in the sciences... math is my favorite... tutoring calculus was one of the few times I felt outgoing. For a moment I considered majoring or minoring in creative writing... but no. Currently, it's bioengineering.
    You seem interesting.

I own, and have read parts of Storr's book, (Yeah, I fail at being an ENFP ), what is really getting me, is that I recently read a book, or an excerpt from a book by Andreasen, she's a chick, isn't she?

I basically change my major every year, too, and I've tutored calculus as well.

Bioengineering...

:horor:
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Hello!

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    You seem interesting.

I own, and have read parts of Storr's book, (Yeah, I fail at being an ENFP ), what is really getting me, is that I recently read a book, or an excerpt from a book by Andreasen, she's a chick, isn't she?

I basically change my major every year, too, and I've tutored calculus as well.

Bioengineering...

:horor:
    Thanks. I usually regret what I say when I'm feeling loopy.

Yes, Nancy Andreasen no worries though... her book isn't just for recluses. What is your major history?

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by laintpe View Post
    Thanks. I usually regret what I say when I'm feeling loopy.

Yes, Nancy Andreasen no worries though... her book isn't just for recluses. What is your major history?
    Mathematics> Undecided > Liberal Studies > Biology > Psychology.

So, yeah, I am (currently) a psych. major.

AHA!!!

I bought Andreason's The Creative Brain: The Science of Genius, around a month and a half ago, never finished it, though. (I have a habit of reading ten books at a time).
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

yay for more neuropsych nerds! The diffusion constant of ethyl alcohol across the mucus membrane is just so hawt.

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Mathematics> Undecided > Liberal Studies > Biology > Psychology.

So, yeah, I am (currently) a psych. major.

AHA!!!

I bought Andreason's The Creative Brain: The Science of Genius, around a month and a half ago, never finished it, though. (I have a habit of reading ten books at a time).
    Wow, you've really made a full circle! I hope psych keeps your interest... has it postponed your graduation date? (Mine definitely has).