User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INxJ

We have already spoken. Here's my official, "welcome" anyway.

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Welcome to the Forum! I hope you enjoy your stay here. =)
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

MBTI
    ENFP

Welcome, and may I say that idiosyncrasy is one of my favorite words to say out loud?

I'm also enjoying the discussion on the raw foods and vegan diets. I've eliminated both meat and dairy from my diet for months at a time and it did not work well for me (I think my body's use to my high dairy diet, haha). However, I'm always willing to try new things =).
    I also have a pretty adventurous palate, so I really hesitate in giving things up, but I love being able to tell the direct connection between what I put in my body and how my body works for me.

Hey, Laine. Is your use name a play off of laine and intp? Kind of like TenINsFJ?

It was fun talk to you on Vent. You are unique, even forn an INTP.

Thanks for accepting the invite to the Sac. meetup. You Tenins, and I (and whoever else in Nor. Cal. wants to come) should have fun. Safeway is right down the street from me, so if you have requests for food to keep refrigerated, I can stock-up. I'm not vegan, but not a big meat-eater.

Quote Originally Posted by laintpe View Post
    I played 5 sports in high school... was on a marathon team- herniated a few discs... play tennis for my current school... enjoy cycling and hiking. I admire ultra runners.. and wish I had the symmetrical anatomy and time to be one. If anyone knows who Helen Klein is... kudos to you!... I'd rank her above Dean Karnazes any day.
    Hardcore for a P.

For those of you who tend to isolate yourselves- Solitude: A Return to the Self (by Storr) is one of my favorites Brave New Brain by Andreasen is another favorite, as well as Encylopedia Neurotica.... for fun: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.
    You know, I haven't read any of those...asnd they all seem interesting. Have you noticed a surge in neuroscince books lately in the bookstores in the area?

I've changed my major every year... so far I've remained in the sciences... math is my favorite... tutoring calculus was one of the few times I felt outgoing. For a moment I considered majoring or minoring in creative writing... but no. Currently, it's bioengineering.
    I think this is the sign of being mutli-talented. I just ended up having a couple majors and a couple minors.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Mathematics> Undecided > Liberal Studies > Biology > Psychology.

So, yeah, I am (currently) a psych. major.
    Like I said, multi-talented.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    AHA!!!

I bought Andreason's The Creative Brain: The Science of Genius, around a month and a half ago, never finished it, though. (I have a habit of reading ten books at a time).
    I read this particular book of Anderson's a couple of years ago--a very interesting read. It seems to talk about polymaths like us (well maybe you and laine, more than me). Michaelangelo studied anatomy and was a decent engineer. Davinci may have had more inventive engineering ideas than Edison.

See there aren't really "left-brained" and "right-brained" people. The smart ones use both.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INTP

Welcome. Yes, I quite enjoyed "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close"...though I don't know if I'd call it *fun.* I found it emotionally hard to read but I loved all the offsetting wit and cleverness. ; )

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by mbeerti View Post
    Welcome. Yes, I quite enjoyed "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close"...though I don't know if I'd call it *fun.* I found it emotionally hard to read but I loved all the offsetting wit and cleverness. ; )
    I like sad books and I just loove how Safran Foer writes.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    :run

I played 5 sports in high school... was on a marathon team- herniated a few discs... play tennis for my current school... enjoy cycling and hiking. I admire ultra runners.. and wish I had the symmetrical anatomy and time to be one. If anyone knows who Helen Klein is... kudos to you!... I'd rank her above Dean Karnazes any day.
    Hey another INTP runner!

Between the math, the running, the carrying food everywhere, and the interview story, you sound A LOT like me...

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by run View Post
    Hey another INTP runner!

Between the math, the running, the carrying food everywhere, and the interview story, you sound A LOT like me...

I like you already

MBTI
    INxJ

I like sad books and I just loove how Safran Foer writes.
    Did you like, "Everything is Illuminated"?

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I've been meaning to finish that one! So far, I've only read parts of it... but yes, I like that one (so far) also.