User Tag List

First 1234 Last

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post
    after ingesting cooked food, the white blood cell count increases, which does not occur when eating raw food. This means the body is literally treating all cooked food as poison.
    Holy illogical inductive inference, batman!

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    Holy illogical inductive inference, batman!
    even if that particular statement is not valid, there are other arguments that don't require as much research: no other creature cooks it food (but that only would matter to you if you're into the natural thing- most RF's are) and enzymes and other nutrients are lost during the cooking process.. some simply don't like the idea of adding energy to food. As far as cooked meat, especially chicken, a known carcinogen is created (PhIP). My friend with ovarian cancer recently went vegan to slow the progression... I prefer preventative medicine... although I've heard cases of people recovering from "terminal" cancer after implementing a raw or "macrobiotic" diet... I can't say it was because of the diet... but it wouldn't be entirely outlandish to suggest that there is a correlation.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

I don't know much about PhIP i'll check it out, but our body doesn't need enzymes in food; every enzyme it needs is endogenously produced .... if you're ideally healthy. In your case I can see the necessity if your enzymes are somehow fucked up normally from good "ol fashioned" Industrial Revolution-grade A food!

also, Puting too MANY enzymes into your body can be just as bad as not enough. Maintaining homeostasis is partyl about eznyme balancing, so it's about eating what you need to feel healthy and nothing more. Some of the Vitamin horse pills i see people chugging down 2 or 3 times a day seems excessive, as well

And this thread has been derailed, partly by me so I'll end it here!

Welcome to the boards BTW :P

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by laintpe View Post
    Thanks for the link Do you dehydrate food often? Or have any good recipes?
    You're very welcome. I have dehydrated before, mostly just nuts (after soaking). But when it comes to recipes that call for dehydration, I don't know of many. I'm pretty basic and boring in my approach to raw eating; my pallet isn't picky. I will mention one I've tried though, from RAWvolution by Matt Amsden called the "Big Matt with Cheese." It's outstanding, and a huge hit I hear at the author's restaurant. Another good recipe (not found from the book) is a raw avocado soup. I don't remember the exact measurements, but here it is from memory: juice 1 1/2 large cucumbers. Dice up the remaining cucumber, mash 1 avocado, and add to cucumber broth. Squeeze in 1/4 cup of fresh lemon and add salt to taste. Feeds 1. (Of course this is probably not a full meal, rather a starter.)

I should warn you, raw eating is not extravagant. Most recipes are simple - but over time you will adapt. I can't handle strongly flavoured foods anymore myself, and I've only been raw for 1 year now.
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

MBTI
    ENTP

Hello.... I'll try to think of something more interesting than 1) my favorite food is probably raw sweet potatoes and raw guacamole... 2) I'm completely indecisive... 3) i've never been the best at making organized lists or practical schedules... ok... um, once upon a time i was obsessive compulsive... i'm incredibly awkward when it comes to questions... i was being interviewed by a panel for a summer internship when they asked me to describe myself... I mentioned INTP (received with blank expressions)... then I mentioned OCD and tried to explain how those anxiety driven habits would lead to a very meticulous lab book... i wasn't hired. I probably shouldn't reveal all of my idiosyncrasies... but after reading through some of the threads on typology... i feel a little more sane (I don't mean that in a negative way at all). For a period of 4-5 months (way before I become vegan/raw) I would only eat sunnyside vanilla yogurt, plain english muffins, and crumpets.... I typically carry some sort of bag of food with me everywhere I go... including Mexico and Russia.

I played 5 sports in high school... was on a marathon team- herniated a few discs... play tennis for my current school... enjoy cycling and hiking. I admire ultra runners.. and wish I had the symmetrical anatomy and time to be one. If anyone knows who Helen Klein is... kudos to you!... I'd rank her above Dean Karnazes any day.

For those of you who tend to isolate yourselves- Solitude: A Return to the Self (by Storr) is one of my favorites Brave New Brain by Andreasen is another favorite, as well as Encylopedia Neurotica.... for fun: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.

I've changed my major every year... so far I've remained in the sciences... math is my favorite... tutoring calculus was one of the few times I felt outgoing. For a moment I considered majoring or minoring in creative writing... but no. Currently, it's bioengineering.
    There's just something awesome about crazy INTP women.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

i'm incredibly awkward when it comes to questions... i was being interviewed by a panel for a summer internship when they asked me to describe myself... I mentioned INTP (received with blank expressions)... then I mentioned OCD and tried to explain how those anxiety driven habits would lead to a very meticulous lab book...
    "I have this disorder, which really makes me more efficient."

enjoy cycling and hiking
    I enjoy hiking too, especially Man vs. Wild style. I can't help being jealous of your location!

tutoring calculus was one of the few times I felt outgoing.
    That's sick!

For a moment I considered majoring or minoring in creative writing... but no. Currently, it's bioengineering.
    You're planning to make Borg, aren't you?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5sp
    Socionics
    INTp

((smirks about previous two posts))

Welcome, laintpe. I'm a vegetarian. Nice to meet you. I like your avatar. Maxfield Parrish, isn't it?
    "A ship does not sail with yesterday's wind." -- from The Walking Drum by Louis L'Amour

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post
    I should warn you, raw eating is not extravagant. Most recipes are simple - but over time you will adapt. I can't handle strongly flavoured foods anymore myself, and I've only been raw for 1 year now.
    I've always been fairly boring food wise.. so hopefully it will be easy

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO
    you're planning to make Borg, aren't you?
    i think another one of these would be scarier... http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...ris-hilton.jpg

TPol- yay for more vegs! and yes, parrish... i think.

Synarch- thanks... i think.

i think another one of these would be scarier...
    :horor:

MBTI
    ENFP

HIYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pleased to meet you!!!!!!!!!!
    ... couldn't drag me away

Željko Ražnatovic: argus
    Željko Ražnatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Željko Ražnatovic: to carry your genealogical code??