User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

So why Vegan/raw foods? I'm always curious as to people's motivations to completely ignore the existence of their incisors, or think maybe they got there by accident.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Welcome.

I truly admire all the people who do so well with math, engineering, etc.

I struggle to deal with Excel.
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. --- Maya Angelou

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Hey and welcome. You're pretty interesting.

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    So why Vegan/raw foods? I'm always curious as to people's motivations to completely ignore the existence of their incisors, or think maybe they got there by accident.
    A few reasons
    1. I just don't like meat. I was more of an accidental vegetarian before I actually called myself one.

2. I was constantly sick... like food-poisoning-symptom-sick... when I eliminated meat and dairy I didn't have vomiting episodes every two weeks.

3. My "normalcy pills" weren't working- they were making me worse... I read about the positive neurological effects veganism and raw foodism claimed to offer and thought I'd give it a try. I wouldn't say going off of medications is the right choice for everyone, but it worked for me. I haven't felt as energetic or clear headed since I was 14.

4. Control. I usually don't mention this one because I don't want to stereotype vegans/raw foodists as having disordered eating... because the raw foodist and vegans I know are very interested in health (not image)... I learn quite a bit from them... and they're definitely not disordered. In my case, however... I had been somewhere between an "obsessive compulsive ED" to EDNOS (pretty much the same thing) to anorexia... so I've found it's a healthier way to steer my need for control (removes anxiety effectively)... without going into dangerous eating (or rather... not eating) patterns.

Basically, I feel like a healthier overall person when I'm raw.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by laintpe View Post
    Wow, you've really made a full circle! I hope psych keeps your interest... has it postponed your graduation date? (Mine definitely has).
    Yep, I have 139 units completed and will be graduating next December.

I love being in an academic environment and never want to leave!!!

*stomps feet*

A few reasons
    1. I just don't like meat. I was more of an accidental vegetarian before I actually called myself one.

2. I was constantly sick... like food-poisoning-symptom-sick... when I eliminated meat and dairy I didn't have vomiting episodes every two weeks.

3. My "normalcy pills" weren't working- they were making me worse... I read about the positive neurological effects veganism and raw foodism claimed to offer and thought I'd give it a try. I wouldn't say going off of medications is the right choice for everyone, but it worked for me. I haven't felt as energetic or clear headed since I was 14.

4. Control. I usually don't mention this one because I don't want to stereotype vegans/raw foodists as having disordered eating... because the raw foodist and vegans I know are very interested in health (not image)... I learn quite a bit from them... and they're definitely not disordered. In my case, however... I had been somewhere between an "obsessive compulsive ED" to EDNOS (pretty much the same thing) to anorexia... so I've found it's a healthier way to steer my need for control (removes anxiety effectively)... without going into dangerous eating (or rather... not eating) patterns.

Wow, your self-awareness and honesty is ridiculously refreshing!!!

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

welcome!

and what CC said :

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Wow, your self-awareness and honesty is ridiculously refreshing!!!

++

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

A few reasons

These are great reasons. My sister recently went off meat and processed foods and tells me she feels phenomenal, so much so that I'm intrigued to give the "no meat" routine a go for a good month or two, but I've never had the impetus to do it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    There are many reasons why I've gone raw vegan, the most important reason being: The body responds to cooked food as an invader of the body; after ingesting cooked food, the white blood cell count increases, which does not occur when eating raw food. This means the body is literally treating all cooked food as poison.

Raw Food Benefits
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post
    There are many reasons why I've gone raw vegan, the most important reason being: The body responds to cooked food as an invader of the body; after ingesting cooked food, the white blood cell count increases, which does not occur when eating raw food. This means the body is literally treating all cooked food as poison.

Raw Food Benefits
    That was a very good read Lane, thanks for sharing

Might've convinced me. But not tonight, I want to eat one more slice of pizza. I'll start tomorrow.

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post

Raw Food Benefits
    Thanks for the link Do you dehydrate food often? Or have any good recipes?