123 Last

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

Default Please welcome the oddball

Hi, um, my name is Lori. I respond to Lori or Brio. Adopted Brio as my sn years ago when I decided that that's what I wanted to be: brio. Absolutely fantastic word as far as fantastic words go. I'm 25 (just turned) and I'm a teacher in South Korea. I fought being a teacher for a long while because I thought it would break my heart and leave me bitter, but it's turning out to be pretty great.

I'm a left-handed, adhd, Christian, female, infj. I'm pretty much positive at this point that there is only one of me on the planet (two if I'm lucky, though I doubt I'll ever meet my doppelganger). Recently I've begun to score infp on the tests, which confuses me greatly. Yes, I can relate to the anxty bit regarding the infps but otherwise I am and have always been an infj. I think I'm just maturing a bit. Not so hard in the I anymore, and not so hard in the J, and I've learned to compensate for the hard F with facts and figures and researching. That and the tests don't seem to realize that most of these questions are quite quantifiable, you know?

Uh, what else? I don't have a lot of friends, never have. I'm pretty ok with that, though presently it's looking like I don't have "any" and I got tired of being lonely several years ago. It seems to be a state of being for me and so I'm finding that while I pursue being connected only to constantly be disappointed a more practical goal is to be content. That is achievable amidst other goals. I was an English creative writing and literature major at my university but I took a bunch of art-type classes. I'd like to be an art teacher some day and publish stuff on the side.

I like to travel. I've now been to Australia, all around the US (my native country), to Canada, and Mexico, South Korea, and Japan. Hopefully I'll be in China for the Chinese New Year and in Europe next summer. To me gaining knowledge and experience is a little like finding treasure. The idea of being controlled, tied down, or loosing myself makes me feel ill.

I'm very opinionated. I don't really come without opinions. I understand that this drives some people up a wall and makes others uncomfortable.

I'm genuine and pretty open about anything that's happened in my life. I suppose I should say don't mistake that for me opening my insides to people. You can reveal a lot and still keep your soul to yourself.

My father is an enfj and through him I learned that idealist types are capable of being rather amazingly evil if they've become hopeless. My goal is to *never* become hopeless.

Right, think I'm done now, not that I have to be, I could type stuff for ages, but I think that if I write much more people are likely to skip my post rather than read it, so, yeah, finished. ~
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    ISTP

Hey, Brio.

I did read it, mainly because you mentioned in the other thread you didn't think anyone would. Whether you were being honest, or hoping to trick people into reading it... well, it doesn't matter. It worked.

Quote Originally Posted by briochick View Post
    You can reveal a lot and still keep your soul to yourself.
    Very true.

So how did you get into personality type?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Welcome.

Could you summarize yourself in maybe a sentence or two? That would make it easier to read.

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

Pancreas: No, I was not trying to trick anyone into anything. I tend to despise (ok, maybe that's too strong a work....really not like) dishonesty, even in the form of mild trickery, and it doesn't usually occur to me to be tricky anyway. That being said, thank you!

How did I first get into the personality type thing? My dad was giving personality tests to his philosophy students...I think that was about eight years ago. It's pretty much held my fascination and/or obsession on and off since then.

Edahn: Summarize in a sentence or two? Really? *grins* That's quite a challenge. Ok, here goes:

I am a 25 year old, female, teacher living quietly in South Korea and making efforts to travel and connect with people from there. I'm also adhd, left-handed, smart, and an infj.

Ha! Two sentences!
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1bw
    Socionics
    INTj

Welcome to the forums, Brio. I'm sure you'll find your place amongst all the other oddballs here.

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

I just realized that the green candies in my jar of unkonwn colored hard candies is *spearmint*. I think my evening has just been made.
    -Brio

-Teddy Roosevelt

Hey!!

Welcome!
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Welcome
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Hello, nice to meet you. (Thanks for posting in my thread)
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Hey oddball.