User Tag List

First 234

Thanks. I only get concerned when people don't think I'm odd.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5sp
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by briochick View Post
    hmmm, I think I like you already.
    I think I like you already, too.

The candies are for me. I do really like spearmint, and also peppermint. Guests get banana chips and nuts. lol.
    Okay, I like you. ((pours the banana chips and nuts on peppermint stick ice cream)) You can keep ((chew chew)) the spearmint.

Inundate away with the photos! I like photos.

what I would like to do (and I honestly don't know how this will happen according to present plan. I may have to adapt it quite a bit if the world economy doesn't improve), is write fiction, probably science/fantasy fiction, or maybe surrealist fiction, or possibly children's books.
    Awesome. Is there a particular author(s) who inspires you?

As for the art teaching. I want to open a paint your own pottery and woodwork shop, where people can come and paint stuff and then we'll glaze it or finish cooking it. What I'd like to do is have pottery or wood carving classes in the afternoons or evenings, maybe even along side the regular "paint your own" time. I'd have only a few people working for me, and possibly a business partner. I'd want to teach people how to express themselves, even if they're not going to make a profession out of it, how to use their expression as healing. To that extent I'd also like to take my wares to inpatient psychiatric clinics or have out-patient care groups and perhaps school classes come and paint stuff. I'd want to use it as a method of helping those who's minds have turned against them to realize the value of real and functioning expression for healing and self-relating and also as a manner of showing them that even a stranger can care about them and their well-being.:rolleyes2:
    That's a beautiful idea/goal. I think you ought to go for it. That'd be fun, and a good contribution to your community/region.

yeah...I'm just going to stop talking now.
    Tsk tsk. Wrong answer. We need to know more.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Welcome.

Could you summarize yourself in maybe a sentence or two? That would make it easier to read.
    In a way, not summarizing is a way of summarizing in itself. So you don't even have to read it.

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    In a way, not summarizing is a way of summarizing in itself. So you don't even have to read it.
    ...huh?

dude, you all replied! I'm so jazzed. I was worried for a second there that I was, like, the death of threads.

Javo: well, I'm glad that to inform you you won't feel concerned around me...that is, I don't think you're odder than I am. I think you're in good company.

tpol: I will respond more when I don't have students running amok in my class. Must go...
    Last edited by briochick; 12-16-2008 at 05:20 AM. Reason: edited because sometimes I am not clear.
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by TPol View Post
    I think I like you already, too.

Okay, I like you. ((pours the banana chips and nuts on peppermint stick ice cream)) You can keep ((chew chew)) the spearmint.

Inundate away with the photos! I like photos.

Awesome. Is there a particular author(s) who inspires you?

That's a beautiful idea/goal. I think you ought to go for it. That'd be fun, and a good contribution to your community/region.

Tsk tsk. Wrong answer. We need to know more.
    lol, I'm glad you like me. Being liked is a very nice feeling. It much serpasses the "you're annoying" vibe I got from most when I was younger.

You'd stick banana chips and nuts on peppermint stick ice cream? *shrugs* well, that's a new one.

As for photos, I've already put some up if you'd like to see them. Apparently I have a limit of 60 or something.

Authors who inspire me? I remember the first was Judi and Ron Barrett who wrote "Cloudy with a chance of meatballs" the next significant one was Madeline L'Engle and her Wrinkle in Time series, then it was J.R.R Tolkien, later it was Elizabeth Haydon (not neccessarily for her skill but for her creative audacity), and most recently...I don't know Patricia Briggs maybe (for taking paranormal anxt and making it fun).

I'm flattered that you think my idea/goal is beatiful. Really really flattered. Thank you.

And finaly I really like you now, and my fingers are frozen because this room is freaking cold.

Do you like reading? or, what are your hobbies?
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt