User Tag List

First 12

Thread: New INTP

MBTI
    ISFJ

Ah...economics. My scourge. I'm thankful there are people out there who are interested in that kind of thing.

Welcome

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5sp
    Socionics
    INTp

What kind of music? Singing or playing, or both? Do you play any instruments?

Economics professor. (grin) Well, you'll likely be more put together than ours when I was going through college. While lecturing, he'd hold up his loose-fitting pants with one hand while writing on the board with the other. Whenever he'd drop the chalk, he'd let loose with the pants-holding hand as he scrambled for the chalk, then remember his pants were about to fall and grab hold again. Class was interesting besides that, though.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

nice combination.....

I'm into physics, psych and economics myself, going into Neuropsych. If I told you microeconomics was essentially the same science as macro-psychology, what would you say?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yay, I love INTPs!

Welcome.

"The two most important forms of intelligence are the ability to read other people and the ability to understand oneself." -Bruce Pandolfini

"Feathers filled the small room. Our laughter kept the feathers in the air. I thought about birds. Could they fly is there wasn't someone, somewhere, laughing?"
    Jonathan Safran Foer (Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
    Yay, I love INTPs!

Welcome.
    hiya musicheck creative name
    I second that I wuv them as well from one infp to another apparently intp's got good company in the infp community.
    hehe yay for intp's Welcome .
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Wow, never before have I gotten such a positive response to an intro on a forum. Not a single "GO AWAY NOOOB", people?

@TPol: I'm interested mostly in classical (especially 20th century classical), electronic music, and the interplay between these two. I've played piano for most of my life and used to be quite serious about composition (took lessons in high school and thought about music conservatory).

Hopefully, I'll be a bit better put together than your econ prof. By nature I tend to be messy and dress like the nerd I am, though recently I've decided that its totally worth it to keep up a good appearance and plan to do so in the future.

@nozflubber: While I do definitely agree there's a connection, I'm a bit skeptical. Microeconomics right now willfully keeps behavioral models of human beings extremely simple so as to make concrete predictions, with the aid of a lot of math. I agree what you call "macro-psychology" studies similar phenomena, but I would be surprised if psychologists are willing to be so stark about the relatioship between model and prediction when we all know that "homo economicus" is not an insightful model beyond the ability to make predictions. Nonetheless, I'm extremely interested in connections between the brain and economics and would love to study connections between the mathematical models in theoretical neuroscience and economics.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Conservatory would be neat.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.