User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: textbook entp

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENTP

Default textbook entp

good to finally be able to talk with some more of my type. I'm 24, and graduate in 2 weeks with a masters in accounting. I feel conflicted because i don't really enjoy accounting and don't want to be an accountant my whole life yet at the same time I feel confident that getting a masters in accounting was the right decision because the way i look at it, accounting is the language of business; its the bottom line. But to me its only a means to an end. It merely serves as an anchor, it keeps me grounded. It keeps the bullshitter from getting bullshitted. I want to go into business for myself, be my own boss, have direct control over my means of production. I got a job offer lined up at an accounting firm and am going to suck it up for 2-3 years, get my certifications, and hopefully use that as a catalyst to bigger and better things. Its going to be tough though, i'm not detailed oreinted whatsoever, lol. My intuition and improvision abilities have served me just fine in school (wouldn't do quite as well as the people in the front row, but always nipping at their heels) but realize its not going to cut it in the real world, well the improvision anyway...

I recently discovered i was an entp, i get a huge sense of satisfaction when i first found out too because it articulates perfectly my tendancies, strengths and (perceived) weaknesses.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Sorry if it seems like an obvious question but....

Why didn't you get an MBA then?

Welcome.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENTP

its cool...i ponder the same thing. I think subjects like managemnet and marketing are more intuitive ya know? You're either a leader or your not, a major in management won't change much about your personality. I view accounting as a technical skill like welding, its a trade, something that must be learned.

Also i think society demands that you have established credentials that prove your business knowloedge (like a C.P.A) in order to advance. All the very succussful business people work off intuition but i think people like jeff skilling (enron) and others who appear to "fly at the seat of their pants" are increasingly being frowned upon.

I'm just adapting to my surroundings

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

hey man welcome !

glad to see another ENTP, there aren't enough imho. to many INTPs
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

welcome, try a MSc for a change, you will not graduate on that at the age of 24
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Welcome
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by freemarketpopulist View Post
    good to finally be able to talk with some more of my type. I'm 24, and graduate in 2 weeks with a masters in accounting. I feel conflicted because i don't really enjoy accounting and don't want to be an accountant my whole life yet at the same time I feel confident that getting a masters in accounting was the right decision because the way i look at it, accounting is the language of business; its the bottom line. But to me its only a means to an end. It merely serves as an anchor, it keeps me grounded. It keeps the bullshitter from getting bullshitted. I want to go into business for myself, be my own boss, have direct control over my means of production. I got a job offer lined up at an accounting firm and am going to suck it up for 2-3 years, get my certifications, and hopefully use that as a catalyst to bigger and better things. Its going to be tough though, i'm not detailed oreinted whatsoever, lol. My intuition and improvision abilities have served me just fine in school (wouldn't do quite as well as the people in the front row, but always nipping at their heels) but realize its not going to cut it in the real world, well the improvision anyway...

I recently discovered i was an entp, i get a huge sense of satisfaction when i first found out too because it articulates perfectly my tendancies, strengths and (perceived) weaknesses.
    Hey, you're in Texas, too. Welcome!
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

so many texans here!! what's up with that!!??
    hi!! nice to see ya
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Perceived weaknesses, but not perceived strengths? The strengths, I assume, are unquestionable.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    welcome, try a MSc for a change, you will not graduate on that at the age of 24
    lol, no more school, at least for the time being, whats a MSc exactly?