User Tag List

12 Last

Default ENFP on being Paranoid

Being Paranoid does not mean everyone is not out to get me.

Speaking of which I would like to discover how other ENFP's have managed to conquer, quell or otherwise squish the little P.

I'm weary of it.
    I can see it, feel it, focus on it, intellectually identify the way "it" is, as opposed to the way it feels (so accuracy is moot).

It's hidden, out of sight, no one sees it (hmm ?) and to all intents and purposes does not exist - except to the one to whom it makes a difference.

Me.

Why am I here?
    Specifically wondering if there are others who understand the above.

I would like to compare notes.

Favourite film? "A Beautiful Mind".

Kind regards, :-)

Anthony
    Age 52 1/2, years of all sorts of workings on myself, inc therapy etc etc; all having their place and benefits so I can see what is left - this .. p.

MBTI
    INxJ

Welcome

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by anthonym View Post
    I was disappointed by that film because I thought it would be about my mind.

Oh, and I am not out to get you.

Oh, and

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by anthonym View Post
    Being Paranoid does not mean everyone is not out to get me.

Speaking of which I would like to discover how other ENFP's have managed to conquer, quell or otherwise squish the little P.

I'm weary of it.
    I can see it, feel it, focus on it, intellectually identify the way "it" is, as opposed to the way it feels (so accuracy is moot).

It's hidden, out of sight, no one sees it (hmm ?) and to all intents and purposes does not exist - except to the one to whom it makes a difference.

Me.

Why am I here?
    Specifically wondering if there are others who understand the above.

I would like to compare notes.

Kind regards, :-)

Anthony
    Age 52 1/2, years of all sorts of workings on myself, inc therapy etc etc; all having their place and benefits so I can see what is left - this .. p.
    I have an INFP sister who is quite fond of conspiracy theories, which to my mind is a form of paranoia.
    I have noticed many NP types who seem to believe in all kinds of conspiracies.
    Is that part of your struggle?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

You mention paranoia, and your favorite film is A Beautiful Mind... It does make one wonder if it's related to ENFP or something else!

MBTI
    enfp

Well, I have more P than J, but not by much...

I get into conspiracy theories at times, more when I was younger... But in the end, I came to the conclusion that even if the "conspiracy" is true, how does it affect me? Probably zero. And always have a back up plan just in case its true (once i have one, then i forget about the conspiracy)... or be at peace with it happening. Don't have the energy to take it on anymore, and its always better to have a focus on having a microcosm that the conspiracy cannot penetrate if it is indeed true. With that in mind, sometimes you feel yourself joining the side of the "conspiracy", but it's not advisable unless u believe in your heart it is for the betterment of "the world", and even then, it might not be worth it to care as much.

For every conspiracy that exists, there was a time in history when the opposite conspiracy was "true". life consists of ebbs and flows... at that point, i'd either want a balance, or not care.

MBTI
    ENFP

ENFP! WOOOOOO! How's it going buuuuuddy?

Quote Originally Posted by Nillerz View Post
    ENFP! WOOOOOO! How's it going buuuuuddy?
    +1
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Um... !! :-)

Can't say I associate myself with conspiracy theory stuff. maybe I would if I thought about it so perhaps better not.

It's more like this: I have a contract to review, I can imagine a zillion ways the parties are trying to employ to get one over on me/us/each other, such as leaving me in the middle with all the risk, then claim damages.. etc etc Doesn't need me to be specific here about business stuff. The point is that after writing a detailed three page response, I then cut (not copy) and paste it to drafts, and write my actual reply which says "OK, agreed, duly signed attached" and sign off. . I've spent three hours suffering the P (which as I understand it is actually Paranoia associated with the NF part, not the P of Perceiving or Judging; tempting though that link is.

What I am seeing in my life is that this way of being affects everything and only when I am engaged in one of my various escape strategies am I truly free of it, for a short while.

Let's see if I can find my numbers for my fellow kids above who have joined my party I see above - a special hi! :-)

can't find numbers... may have to do the test again to get them! rats! I have done the test (whatever one pops up at the time) many times and never varied even though I expect the possibility, over many years.

Warm wishes to all here exploring around the path,

Anthony

Edit: ENFP Extraverted 44% Intuitive 75% Feeling 62% Perceiving 11%

p.s. of course you are out to get me, but I will ignore that you are ! :-)