Thread: New INFP

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Default New INFP

Hello people! My name is Chris and I'm an INFP from North Carolina, Asheville to be specific. I'm 18 years old, and I am currently a senior in high school. I have known about MBTI for about 2 years and have taken the test every 6 months or so and I have always scored INFP, and the descripton describes me very well. I decided to join because as of late I have been having a lot of issues with XSFX people. I am not saying the general population of XSFX, just the immature people my age. I also decided to join because there seems to be a general misunderstanding of INFPs, and I want to do that some justice.

You will probibally see my on the NT and NF boards, since I love talking with intuitives. I feel that we get on the save wavelength of communication. I love NTs and NFs equally, some people may hate NTs because they are "heartless" but I have learned to realize that their intentions are good and they want to steer you in the right direction if they correct you or give a blunt and "cold" responce. Not that I don't like sensors, I just feel a greater connection with other intuitives.

I believe I am different from other NFs in my communication. In a situation of business I am blunt and to the point usually, asking any questions that may be going through my mind and not caring about what anyone else thinks. In a relaxed situation I will be warm, caring, and generally concerned.

So yeah. Hey there peeps
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Hello there
    hope youll enjoy it here

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Welcome.

Dinosaur hopes you enjoy MBTI Typology Central*, and feel free to ask any questions about MBTI.

*Falcarius keeps forgetting the name of this forum changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

hey there chris!! i live near you! i love asheville!
    welcome!!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Hello people! My name is Chris and I'm an INFP from North Carolina, Asheville to be specific. I'm 18 years old, and I am currently a senior in high school. I have known about MBTI for about 2 years and have taken the test every 6 months or so and I have always scored INFP, and the descripton describes me very well. I decided to join because as of late I have been having a lot of issues with XSFX people. I am not saying the general population of XSFX, just the immature people my age. I also decided to join because there seems to be a general misunderstanding of INFPs, and I want to do that some justice.

You will probibally see my on the NT and NF boards, since I love talking with intuitives. I feel that we get on the save wavelength of communication. I love NTs and NFs equally, some people may hate NTs because they are "heartless" but I have learned to realize that their intentions are good and they want to steer you in the right direction if they correct you or give a blunt and "cold" responce. Not that I don't like sensors, I just feel a greater connection with other intuitives.

I believe I am different from other NFs in my communication. In a situation of business I am blunt and to the point usually, asking any questions that may be going through my mind and not caring about what anyone else thinks. In a relaxed situation I will be warm, caring, and generally concerned.

So yeah. Hey there peeps
    Hi Chris (or Blackcat if you prefer) nice to see a new INFP here lately who actually gets round to introducing themselves! I think actually it's not uncommon for INFPs to be quite assertive and even blunt in their more impersonal communications by keeping Ne and maybe even inferior Te switched on a lot of the time. This applies particularly to INFP males, who by holding to instinctive INFP behaviour patterns may be perceived as weak by others in our society. I know I can quite often come across as being more like an ENTP, particularly with people I don't know so well. But you might want to bear in mind that this can be a tremendous drain on your personal resources over a period of time, and that if it is a defensive manoeuvere to protect yourself from your own (over?)sensitivity, the backlash you can end up getting when you go too far or someone misunderstands your intent may hit you very hard indeed when something finally gets through. I just thought I'd say a few words in response, as this has tended to be my experience Anyway, welcome to the forum!

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah I can totally relate to that ragashree. I usually let Te and Ne take over in my impersonal relations, while keeping Fi very close in my wording. I'm careful to not make them angry, I even try to make them feel good. Like if someone I'm working with did something right I'd say "Great job!" etc.

I think I use Ne and Te to defend myself in general from people I don't let in my life. It can be a bit exhausting but I've learned to deal with it and it's made me a better person overall I believe. Being assertive and direct and using my Te and Ne is vital for getting along in society and generally for making things happen that need to happen. It's always nice to have a friend around though, or else I'll get into my "ENTJ mode" where I use Te as a main then go to my intuition to make sure nothing screws up. If I'm with friends I can relax a lot more and not have to worry about being judged for my "irrational" motives caused by Fi. An example of this is in a science class we were going to disect a frog (pretty stereotypical but it happened) and I very clearly stated "I will not do this." No one could really understand why, I told them "It doesn't feel right." Avoid stuff like this will make work a lot easier, keep in mind I said avoid. I avoid immoral situations, these are what truely exhaust me as a person to deal with. Te doesn't really bother me at all unless I let it take over, which I'm careful to not let happen.

A friend girl of mine (ESTJ believe it or not) told me some advice to aviod the dreaded friend zone, and that is to be direct and assertive. But do this in a way that you are still letting your own self shine through, like I use my Fi to do so. "I would love to do something with you, how would you feel about going somewhere to eat?"

Thanks for all the welcomes everyone .

Edit: Added something
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

garbage

Welcome to the forums!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I love NTs and NFs equally, some people may hate NTs because they are "heartless" but I have learned to realize that their intentions are good and they want to steer you in the right direction if they correct you or give a blunt and "cold" responce.
    This is something that I've noticed, too. I work with a lot of other engineers, and I used to wonder how they could be so callous and uncaring. But then I began to realize that they usually have good intentions when they offer advice in their own.. "special".. way, and that I may take their criticism too personally, get offended when I shouldn't, and call them uncaring when, really, they aren't. It definitely helps to be able to see things from others' point of view..

Hey, welcome!!
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Hey, hello and welcome to the Forum! =D
    I hope you will enjoy your Stay here, Chris!
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram

I'm on the other side of the spectrum - N's freak me out - being an S i guess my actions are a little bit more impulsive and gutsy and don't know any other way to go about it. That's what N's have and it baffles me.
    ~ ISFP.