User Tag List

Thread: INTP

Default INTP

INTP. Progressive.

Currently seeking to understand Conservative thought process.
    I'm unable to put all the pieces together. The description of a conservative by George Lakoff and also by Bob Altemeyer both closely resemble that of an SJ "Guardian". However, all statistics I've seen indicate SJ "Guardians" are not predominately conservative. This irks me. Hoping someone here might be able to explain the discrepancy.

Also interested in learning more about this new 21st Century Enlightenment emerging from Cognitive Science. (I study Cognitive Science to help me understand conservative thought process. Recently had my 1st success!)

Religion and Astronomy
    Previously was interested in understanding religions. "Where did the Bible come from? What's in it? What did it originally mean?" Took 2 years to crack that nut, but I finally did it when I discovered the connection between Religion and Astronomy, a connection I never would have guessed existed. (Connection was already known back in 1798). Solar Mythology and the Bible

Cognitive Science:
    Abstract concepts must be physically etched into the universe somewhere. Abstract concepts do not exist abstractly. Reason itself is embodied.

Cognitive Scientist Prof. George Lakoff writes,

"It is hard to underestimate how far the idea that concepts are physically embodied, using the sensory motor system of the brain, is from disembodied Enlightenment reason—from the usual view of concepts as disembodied abstractions, entirely separate from the sensory motor system."

—George Lakoff, The Political Mind: Why You Can't Understand 21st-Century American Politics with an 18th-Century Brain, pg 252.

Lakoff is professor of Cognitive Science at UC Berkley. Been there for the past 36 years. Definitely a "NT Rational" like myself. We're always "seeking knowledge".

David W. Deley's Home Page

Tenured roisterer Array SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    5w6 so/sx

In one sentence, what exactly are you looking for?
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog:

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Array Nocapszy's Avatar

The first paragraph suffices.

You got the short end of the S_J stick buddy.
    You'll never get to experience the splendor that is the common guardian.
    You got all the screwed up ones, just by coincidence.

5w6 sp/so

Some studies, by pros and by amateurs here, show more general correlation between J = Conservative than just SJ. And some studies contradict that, probably, but I think it's an interesting claim.

Welcome all the same.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Some studies, by pros and by amateurs here, show more general correlation between J = Conservative than just SJ.
    Some people think a lot of silly things.