User Tag List

First 12

Probably both. I did a couple from TypeLogic: Type-Related Links, the one on okcupid, and one on mypersonality.info. So yeah, no paid tests or anything.

People have always told me I'm mature for my age. Well, at least since ~10 or so. I suppose marrying my high school sweetheart (and not because of an unexpected child, which everyone who didn't know me would ask *sigh*) might be evidence to support that as well.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yo.

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Probably both. I did a couple from TypeLogic: Type-Related Links, the one on okcupid, and one on mypersonality.info. So yeah, no paid tests or anything.
    I'm gonna take a wild guess and say it was the Human Metrics one that said you were N.

If so, Jack is wrong and you're ESTP.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INTP

Welcome!
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I'm gonna take a wild guess and say it was the Human Metrics one that said you were N.
    I think you're right about that.

If so, Jack is wrong and you're ESTP.
    I'm not so sure about that though. When I read the descriptions of the different types on various sites, there's always a few things about S that don't quite fit. Also, if you look at my past hobbies and jobs, they fit more with the career suggestions for ENTP.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    I think you're right about that.
    I usually am.

I'm not so sure about that though. When I read the descriptions of the different types on various sites, there's always a few things about S that don't quite fit. Also, if you look at my past hobbies and jobs, they fit more with the career suggestions for ENTP.
    Well, unlike Jack, I'm not going to tell you I know you better than you know yourself. You be you, but just remember, there's plenty of room in the SP club. And we've got dip.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Well, unlike Jack, I'm not going to tell you I know you better than you know yourself. You be you, but just remember, there's plenty of room in the SP club. And we've got dip.
    Can't argue with dip... Especially the kind with cheese in it =)

I wonder if the NTs have any noms to offer...

Honestly, it really doesn't suprise me that i'd be in the middle of something. I've always felt like there are two distinct aspects of my personality that manifest themselves in broad swaths of my life.

I was raised by bona fide hippies (as in, my grandmother lived in the Haight during the late 60s and hung out with the likes of Jerry Garcia and David Crosby) so I've got a peace-loving, treehugger, artsy side. At the other end is my obsession with technology and wealth which I can only attribute to genetic predisposition. If it's possible to be a materialistic hippie, I'm it.

In fact, now that I think about it, I've always acknowledged this sort of dichotomy as a fundamental part of my being. When I was in High School, we did a project where we designed flags that represent ourselves. I came up with a design that I fell in love with to the point that it's now tattooed on my right arm:

The yin yang has obvious meaning. The peace sign and light bulb represent my hippie side and my programming "genius" side.

If I say I like the idea of the x differentiating me from eveyone else, what aspect of my personality would that represent?

Dali

Good to have you here; enjoy your stay and press O for room service should you require it.