User Tag List

First 234

Thread: ... ... ... !

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    "I discovered personality types last year, or maybe the year before, when my school organised testing to help in career information sessions. Except I somehow scored ISFP and despite trying to tell the annoying careers lady that I was most definitely T and not F, I was informed I'd probably enjoy things like social work or nursing or something (er... no). And then I conveniently forgot about it until clearing out an attempt at 'cleaning' from underneath my bed a while back."

I'm an ISFP and I don't think that social work or nursing are for me, either. It's way too much (eek) paperwork and not enough outdoor time to make this ISFP happy.
    If you're definitely a T and not an F, you might want to put istp in your type field instead of isfp.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Oh, no, I am definitely an isfp. It is Pancreas who is an istp. I just messed up on the quoting.

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    If you're definitely a T and not an F, you might want to put istp in your type field instead of isfp.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Hi Pancreas,
    Thank you for the welcome.
    I've had some really bad career counselors in the past, too.
    One of them said that I should be a billing clerk.
    That was after he asked me what I thought my ideal job would be, and I said, "travel writer." He said, "You don't want to be a travel writer. You'll have to eat airline food and your luggage could get lost."
    That's when he suggested "billing clerk." My eyes glazed over at the thought of sitting at a desk all day and typing up bills.
    I told him that was a bad idea.
    He said that I had a bad attitude.
    Fortunately, I didn't have to pay him for his... um... advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancreas View Post
    I don't really remember what she said exactly. I just remembered that the thought of it didn't appeal to me at all. I just thought it was something along those lines (heavily centred around people).

And I see you're new like me. Welcome.

MBTI
    ISTP

Yeah. Once we got past my false personality type I also mentioned I didn't mind maths and then BAM! I got a string of accounting/bank related choices

At that point I gave up thinking I might get some helpful advice.