User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Ahh? Ahh!

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Ahh? Ahh!

Hi, hello!

I've been a member here and an on-again off-again lurker for a few months now, but decided now was a good time to actually join in for whatever reason. ...I'm not really sure.

I go through cycles were I'm very internet nonsocial and then extremely internet social that usually last for months each at a time. The kind of cycles where I'm either constantly on facebook or livejournal or what have you when on the internet or where I'm playing with the idea of deleting social networking accounts or making my info so sparse that it doesn't even count. Yeah. I don't know what my deal is. My internet social group has consisted of the same people for the last five or so years.

Anywho, I've been aware of my INTJ-ness for several years, even if at first it meant nothing to me. We took paper tests in high school a couple of times in the guidance office. I didn't start getting interested in it until probably the end of my senior year when I forced everyone else who hadn't taken it with me to take an online version of the test.

Now I'm a college sophomore and am double majoring in English Literature and Art History (with a focus on the classical periods). I was going to pursue a minor in French but got fed up with the department. Hmm, I've always wondered, are these life choices unusual for the typical INTJ? It seems to me that most INTJ's pursue careers in sciences or math or computer sciences. Or is all of that just a stereotype? I could easily do computer science I think, but I hate being forced to use the computer and math that isn't geometry or trig totally evades me.

My favorite types that I've been lucky enough to be friends with are INTPs and INFJs so far. My best friend is an ISFP but I wouldn't say I could get along with anyone of her type that wasn't specifically her. I prefer INTPs above all else though because, frankly, INFJs seem a little socially flaky to me in my experience.

...I'm sure none of you could have read all of that, so I'm just going to say "hi" again, and be on my way.
    Oh...hi.

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Oooh, nice Introduction (I DID read it all BTW =p)!
    Welcome to the Forum fellow INTJ!
    I hope you have Fun and enjoy your Stay!

PS:
    I go through cycles were I'm very internet nonsocial and then extremely internet social that usually last for months each at a time. The kind of cycles where I'm either constantly on facebook or livejournal or what have you when on the internet or where I'm playing with the idea of deleting social networking accounts or making my info so sparse that it doesn't even count. Yeah. I don't know what my deal is. My internet social group has consisted of the same people for the last five or so years.
    I know this really good too.
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

MBTI
    ENTP

lol i read every word, and most probably will.

anyways welcome

i dont think its uncommon at all. For eg, the official mbti i have taken a year ago saids stuff like : science, math, engineering, physics, etc. As favorable choice and normal for INTP, but i dont like any of them. (i just dont get any sense of satisfaction from them...)

I prefer literature and art (though not art history ). and right now i'm pursuing a career for fashion design which is quite rare for INTP.

Also,
    ha, its quite rare to see INTJ who likes INTP alot.
    but truely NT's should stick together, eventually our children's children will take over the world.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by blanclait View Post
    Also,
    ha, its quite rare to see INTJ who likes INTP alot.
    Hah! I force myself upon my INTP friends because they're probably the most intelligent and wittiest people I know. Well, besides myself. I've never met another INTJ in person so I wouldn't know how well that would work out so I stick to my INTPs because they love me (they just may not admit it).
    Oh...hi.

Welcome! Sounds like you have quite a workload for school. Wow. I'm trembling at your work ethic. The most this bum takes is twelve credit hours a quarter. How many are you averaging?
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

MBTI
    ENTP

^
    ah, lucky you, for me its sooo hard to find any NT's around. And when i do indeed meet them is hard to get close due to external conflicts.
    I dream of the day i get A NT friend.. -_-;

Seriously, too many SJ's and SP is driving me crazy.
    for eg.
    Me: i think humans are selfish
    Friend 1: that's not true, few people i know aren't selfish
    Me: (thinking: wtf...-_-; )

so i choose to isolate myself during lunch time reading books and internet articles.

But i agree. Along as question like "whos the smartet one here" doesn't come along i think NT's get along with eachother real good.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mempy View Post
    The most this bum takes is twelve credit hours a quarter. How many are you averaging?
    This semester just 12 because I dropped a class that just wasn't working out in my schedule and all of the other courses were full :sad:

Next semester though, I'm taking 19. I took 18 one semester last year, but this will be the most I've attempted to tackle. I'm not too worried about it though because they're all subjects and classes I look forward to.
    Oh...hi.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by blanclait View Post
    ^

Seriously, too many SJ's and SP is driving me crazy.
    for eg.
    Me: i think humans are selfish
    Friend 1: that's not true, few people i know aren't selfish
    Me: (thinking: wtf...-_-; )
    Oh, I know what you mean. My main "circle" consists of an INTP, an ISFP and an ISFJ.

It took me a long, long, LONG time to be able to get along with and accept the ISFJ. Now she's one of my closest friends, but it probably took us over a year to fully accept each others' faults and personalities.
    Oh...hi.

MBTI
    INxJ

I like INFJs and INTPs the best as well. Welcome.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hi Welcome from a 'socially flaky' INFJ.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~