User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Well, hi

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Default Well, hi

Having opted not to comitt homicide see a shrink for the support I need if I am to continue enduring my INTP S/O day by day without comitting homicide, I decided to take the next best option and join this forum. INTP's, here is a rare opportunity to fulfil your social responsibilities just by being your usual selves! You are hereby invited to do your bit for INTP-dom, and save a fellow INTP from a premature end and unverifiable hereafter by using your superior logic to convince me of the essential irrationality and indeed actual non-existence of my feelings on the matter. Or, if you actually care about your fellow ET's (I know mere earthlings may be a different matter at times), you might care to demonstrate the true superiority of your intelligence

Enough bitterness already! I won't bother elaborating on my own type and ongoing quest for self-knowledge and enlightenment, as that would get deeply boring after a while, particularly for me if I had to keep writing about it. Suffice it to say that I am sure this particular corner of the internet will be thickly populated with them if previous net experience is anything to go by, so I don't expect to want for comradeship. I never seem to meet anyone of my own type in "real" life, so I can only suppose that we are primarily a virtual species which have found a way to somehow actually breed in cyberspace as prolifically as the cute fluffy bunny rabbits most people seem to take us to be. I'm not sure I particularly want to be taken as either cute or fluffy myself, however. Though I have been a bit worried about the pointiness of my ears lately...

Well hello there, homicidal maniac interesting new person!

Is your INTP SO on this forum?

Why do you find it so difficult to get along with a fellow NP? I thought all ENFP's were just cute, fluffy, harmless bunnies.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Well, I certainly TRY to get on with her, so I know it's not for want of that. I suspect that it doesn't help that she also (probably) suffers from BPD, however. Seriously, I have a hard time determining whether she's being merely eccentric (which I wouldn't be too bothered by in and of itself) or actually pathological at times; and whether it's likely to BECOME something pathological if I just let it slide as is usually my first inclination. I would certainly appreciate (at some point) some INTP input on what they feel is reasonable behaviour to expect of themselves, as it would make it a lot easier for me to know where she is truly coming from at times...

BTW, what makes you so sure what type I am anyway?

Just an intuitive guess on your type based only on your first post. "So sure of what type" is way too strongly worded for my guess. I'm working on my J/P balance and trying to reach conclusions more quickly than I normally would.

What behaviors do you find most troubling?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

well hellooo there...hopefully you find what you need here...haha

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

mwahaha

I like this one.
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    What behaviors do you find most troubling?
    That would be a long one to answer here unfortunately. I daresay I shall try my best at some future point to get some resolution here; probably in the NT forum as I'm looking more to increase my understanding than garner sympathy! Since you asked, however, I shall say briefly that she has more or less all the personality characteristics and issues I would associate with a fairly "typical" INTP, PLUS huge emotional explosions over minor issues (usually angry/agressive, occasionally tearful) followed by hours or possibly even days of sulking and refusing to speak, at least in a civil manner. Also she persistently tries to interpret how I am feeling/what I am thinking on the basis of extremely minimal information, almost invariably gets it wrong, but nevertheless considers her misguided assumption to be correct and will be no means be told otherwise then proceeds to act upon it (i.e. being rude to me on the basis that I hate her anyway). I think these are both definite BPD characteristics (especially coming from a definite INTP, who I thought were generally more in control of themselves and less inclined to form wild snap judgements) but either way they are pretty unpleasant to live with. Any input on said unpleasantness would be gratefully appreciated!

Oh, and the guess as to my type was pretty good, just not quite, heh. But I think I can see where you got it from.

MBTI
    IN??
    Enneagram
    IDK

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    Well hello there, homicidal maniac interesting new person!

Is your INTP SO on this forum?

Why do you find it so difficult to get along with a fellow NP? I thought all ENFP's were just cute, fluffy, harmless bunnies.
    I was thinking INFP.

That aside,

Hello ragashree, nice to meet you, and good luck!

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Hello and welcome to the Forum!
    I hope you enjoy your Stay and have Fun!
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

MBTI
    eSTP
    Socionics
    eSTp

Well, you are very direct and to the point. I like it. Hope you find what you're looking for here and welcome.
    Power is the virtue that makes all other virtues possible.
    Youtube - Oversensitive Witches
    Scary Bedtime Prayer