User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Well, hi

  1. #11
    Don't pet me. JAVO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,050

    Default

    I think your INTP SO is reacting as a typical INTP who is either being misunderstood or under considerable stress.

    BPD seems to be a little bit of a premature "diagnosis" based on this information, but you may know more you don't want to share.

    Work to remove or alleviate the stress or misunderstanding and re-evaluate.

  2. #12
    Reason vs Being ragashree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    I think your INTP SO is reacting as a typical INTP who is either being misunderstood or under considerable stress.

    BPD seems to be a little bit of a premature "diagnosis" based on this information, but you may know more you don't want to share.
    Good point(s); however this is largely her self diagnosis, though the therapist she has recently started seeing seems to support it - and one which I have gradually come to concurr with as her behaviour is generally very consistent with bpd. My main problem is telling whether it is just her INTP personality going to extremes or the manifestations of a condidtion that she probably indeed has!

  3. #13
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    She sounds like an INTP in the grip of her shadow.
    Why don't you invite her onto this forum (or the other one)?
    (I'd edit your posts first tho....)

    Welcome, btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  4. #14
    Reason vs Being ragashree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    She sounds like an INTP in the grip of her shadow.
    Why don't you invite her onto this forum (or the other one)?
    (I'd edit your posts first tho....)

    Welcome, btw.
    Thanks... yes, I had pondered that possibility myself, so it's good to hear it from someone who can actually speak from personal experience of what it's like to be INTP. I had been kind of encouraging her to get on something like this already, though she doesn't seem easily persuaded at present, as she seems to have completely given up using the internet for anything but work recently. I see your point about editing posts if she ever does, not that I'm usually in the habit of doing so (I was thinking of making something to that effect my signature just to be absurd). The suggestions are appreciated anyway. It's also nice to meet someone who appears to loathe a certain R. Dawkins as much as I do, if I remember a conversation a few days ago correctly

  5. #15
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    It's also nice to meet someone who appears to loathe a certain R. Dawkins as much as I do, if I remember a conversation a few days ago correctly
    I don't loathe him. I just get irritated by him. He gives atheists a bad name. I just wish he respected his audience enough to provide balanced, non-emotive argumentation, ala Jonathan Miller's Brief History of Disbelief.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  6. #16
    Member Airius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Welcome. Enjoy your stay!

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Posts
    3,917

    Default

    Welcome

Similar Threads

  1. Hi ! (well, yeah, I lost my originality)
    By KalandreL in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-21-2016, 01:37 PM
  2. well hi there everyone! this is so cool.
    By JoRae in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-10-2013, 08:08 AM
  3. Well, ok. hi then...
    By Hildur in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-25-2012, 01:13 AM
  4. Hi, I'm INFJ from Sweden (well, it's almost Inga)
    By Saga in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-28-2012, 04:15 PM
  5. Hi, I'm Kuranes
    By kuranes in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 02:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO