User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    istp

Default Well here it goes.

Hi! I've been forced to hear about this site for like ever. So I decided I might as well join. I am an ISTP. I know this cause I was forced into taking a test. Well I can't really say forced. It was a "yeah, ok, whatever". Anyway back to the test. ISTP fit me to a "T". But that's about all I know on the subject. Cause I ain't reading no stupid book on personalities. Give me some science fiction or fantasy and I'll read that.

About me. I am currently a cnc brake press operator. I have been a cnc machinist, a general machine operator, an auto machanic, a maintenance technician. I can pretty much operate or fix anything.

I'm basically quiet until I get to know a person. Then people warm up to me and find that I'm a likable person. I find it very difficult to remember peoples names. Mainly because I'm not paying any attention when we are introduced. I've been told that I intimidate people or make them uncomfortable. I don't know why that is, but screw it, I don't care.

The only people in this world that are really important to me are my wife and children. I would go to the ends of the earth for them. I think to love a person isn't really that big of a deal. But you have to LIKE them, that's the most important thing. And I like my family.

I have a problem with being blunt or crude. Well I guess it's a problem. I don't do it intentionally. I really have to try hard to think about what I'm gonna say before I say it, Or more than likely someones gonna take it wrong and I'll hurt their feelings.

Well that's about all I feel like saying at this time. I'm feeling pretty much drained by all this word stuff.

So I guess I'll see you all around the forums from time to time.
    Scuse me, gotta run, some 'feeling type' is walking towards me trying to make something called conversation

MBTI
    type

Welcome! ISTPs are cool.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by HanoverFist View Post
    Hi! I've been forced to hear about this site for like ever.
    Oh, I can only imagine.

So I decided I might as well join. I am an ISTP. I know this cause I was forced into taking a test. Well I can't really say forced. It was a "yeah, ok, whatever".
    Mmmm, hmmm -- see above.

Give me some science fiction or fantasy and I'll read that.
    Who are some of your favorite sci-fi authors and fantasy authors (both categories) -- setting aside the obvious ones like Tolkien that everyone usually says?

What was the first sci-fi/fantasy book that really impressed you (or got you "hooked")? Go as far back as you need to go, I am curious to see if I recognize the title.

About me. I am currently a cnc brake press operator. I have been a cnc machinist, a general machine operator, an auto machanic, a maintenance technician. I can pretty much operate or fix anything.

I'm basically quiet until I get to know a person. Then people warm up to me and find that I'm a likable person. I find it very difficult to remember peoples names. Mainly because I'm not paying any attention when we are introduced. I've been told that I intimidate people or make them uncomfortable. I don't know why that is, but screw it, I don't care.
    And you had to take a test to discover you were ISTP?

Anyway, welcome, we've heard a lot about you and are glad to finally meet you.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

I am an ISTP. I know this cause I was forced into taking a test. Well I can't really say forced. It was a "yeah, ok, whatever".
    Yes, 'forced' is pretty strong phrasing. I would say it was more like 'determined persuasion' on my part !
    The only people in this world that are really important to me are my wife and children. I would go to the ends of the earth for them. I think to love a person isn't really that big of a deal. But you have to LIKE them, that's the most important thing. And I like my family.
    Bonus points for you !!
    I have a problem with being blunt or crude. Well I guess it's a problem. I don't do it intentionally. I really have to try hard to think about what I'm gonna say before I say it, Or more than likely someones gonna take it wrong and I'll hurt their feelings.
    Look at the bright side....I keep you on your toes and stop your brain from getting rusty!

I'm feeling pretty much drained by all this word stuff.
    The story of my life!
    Cause I ain't reading no stupid book on personalities.
    You know you don't have to read it! You get the pleasure instead of listening to me tell you all about it!!
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

MBTI
    istp

Well Robert A. Heinlein, Isaac Asimov, Piers Anthony, Douglas Adams, Anne McCaffrey, Orson Scott Card, Larry Niven.

I guess the ones that really impressed me were, The Ringworld, Enders Game, the Foundation trilogy, The Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy, and of course the Hobbit. After the second book of the lord of the rings it got kinda boring to me.
    Scuse me, gotta run, some 'feeling type' is walking towards me trying to make something called conversation

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Well Robert A. Heinlein, Isaac Asimov, Piers Anthony, Douglas Adams, Anne McCaffrey, Orson Scott Card, Larry Niven.
    The "old school" of sci-fi, like the stuff I was acquainted with when I was growing up throughout the 70's...

I should have read more Douglas Adams. I know all of the authors, but the only one I read extensively was Piers Anthony (the Xanth books, and the Phase world things, and the Incarnations of Immortality -- probably his better things).

I guess the ones that really impressed me were, The Ringworld, Enders Game, the Foundation trilogy, The Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy, and of course the Hobbit. After the second book of the lord of the rings it got kinda boring to me.
    I am a Tolkien nut due mainly to the construction of his world and history and mythos, but you have no arguments there from me in terms of LotR. There are large sweeping sections (starting partway through the Two Towers) that are rather boring to read...

One of my favorite fantasy series was Stephen R. Donaldson's "Thomas Covenant" mythos, which got better from book to book. I started reading his Gap series as well and want to read more, but just have not gotten around to buying all the books yet...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

murr... *squints eyes*

RDF

Welcome HanoverFist. I had a couple ISTP buddies in the military, and I thought they were great. They were low-maintenance friends, and they always had some project going on so there was always something to do with them.

I grew up reading Heinlein and Asimov too. Foundation Trilogy was one of my favorites.

Great avatar!

FL

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Welcome HanoverFist! Glad you're aboard.

Get it? Aboard, hehe.

must. stop. the. smilies.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INTJ

I could have written that! Except for the Hobbit. I never could get into any of his stuff <yes, I know, "blasphemer!!">

Welcome, HanoverFist. Love that avatar, btw.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.