User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Smile Greetings from the Planet Chicken

*chants "Please don't ask, please don't ask, please don't ask..."*

Well alright, if you insist, you may ask. If you want to.

Anyhow I was shown this forum by someone else [GinKuusouka] and didn't really have the intention of joining it because I'm generally bad about keeping up with things like this. I start off strong and active and either peter off or fall off the face of the Earth. To get first things out of the way...well, I suppose it isn't first anymore, but regardless-- I am apparently an INFJ type, though have also gotten the INTP and INTJ result as well. Perhaps it just depends on my mood? Or perhaps it has to do with my inability to decide on who I am on any given day

And now the slightly mundane information: I tend to be a bookworm though have strayed toward the fine art of Japanese Manga collecting...however, I'm getting back into the swing of reading regular novels. Currently, I'm plodding slowly, but surely through Wu Cheng' en's 'Journey to the West'-- and have read plenty of other books on the side when I need a break from the tiny text. Writing has always been a main interest of mine [as if one couldn't notice]. I have felt that I've never been capable of simple writing a short version of anything. A High School essay requiring only a maximum of two pages typed could always easily become five or more pages, single spaced Apart from that, I'm totally into art. Digitally painted moreso than traditionally, though I dabble in a few different mediums. Japanese animation is one of my favorite things to watch, though I could sit and watch movies or play video games for hours on end as well. Not to say I don't like to be active, I can be a real homebody and sometimes prefer it over going out. My friends are my family, as few as they may be, acquaintances are my friends, and my pets are my 'children'...at least until I have some of my own.

...and now that I've rambled on long enough...I will let someone else take over the thread if they've managed to sit through the entire first post.

Did I happen to mention I can talk...a lot?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp

Welcome to the boards dear.
    I have no idea who I am. All I can say is let's rock hard.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hullo there.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTP

pics or GTFO.

nahh jk

Hey whats up?
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Hullo there.

hi!

Aimahn: pics or GTFO.

nahh jk

Hey whats up?
    =O
    There's a pic on my profile?

There are plenty of things that are up.
    So the question remains- what is down? Hmm

...I don't even know if that made sense. I'm so tired.
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5

http://www.mangabullet.com/visitme/ImaginAries.png

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Welcome.

I love Journey to the West, being raised on Asian drama adaptations of it. I've yet to read it though. Am tempted by the abridged version by Anthony Wong, however. I checked it out from the library last year, but was too busy to get to it.

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    Welcome.

I love Journey to the West, being raised on Asian drama adaptations of it. I've yet to read it though. Am tempted by the abridged version by Anthony Wong, however. I checked it out from the library last year, but was too busy to get to it.
    Oh how cool! I was drawn into the story by watching/reading an anime/manga created by Kazuya Minekura called 'Saiyuki'...I was curious when I found out it was based on a Chinese legend so did some digging. The version I have is 4 volumes long, split into 25 chapters apiece. It's taking me forever to read it, but it is pretty enjoyable! It's humorous-- Monkey and the Priest Sanzang have such an interesting relationship. Monkey is just full of it :lol: but it makes him a rather endearing character. My version is a translation by W.J.F. Jenner--- I'm wondering how true to the original story some of the translations are, however, putting it in terms that a modern reader would relate to more may do better in getting the story across. I do recommend reading the story, though! It's such a big part of the Chinese culture-- right along with 'Dream of Red Mansions'...which is sitting beside 'Journey to the West' waiting to be read..
    4w5

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

High there

MBTI
    INxJ

What manga do you read?

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    What manga do you read?
    *points to your picture* Kyouya!

I've read some of Ouran High School Host Club for starters :lol: [And Kyouya is one of my favorites ]

I'll give you a list- it may not be as extensive as some avid manga-readers, but hey, I stopped being able to afford my manga about two years ago so now I only buy them at conventions in the dealer's room...where it's cheaper ^^;

Hana-Kimi
    Saiyuki [Gensoumaden and Reload]
    Wild Adapter
    Bus Gamer
    Angel Sanctuary
    Pet Shop of Horrors
    Chobits
    Confidential Confessions
    Princess Ai [...not sure how I feel about this 3 volume manga, but...I guess it could have been worse]
    Bleach
    DeathNote [only some of Bleach and DN, I was borrowing from a friend whom I don't see very often anymore]
    DNAngel
    Cowboy BeBop [shooting star]
    Trigun [first two main volumes-- need to get all of them, it was my gateway to all of this lovely anime/manga stuff ]
    Under the Glass Moon
    Wild Act
    Alice 19th

...and there are a few more I've read that I don't own...the titles are eluding me at the moment.
    4w5