• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Video: INTJ and ENFP - how they met

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
  • Couple married for 25 years talk about how they met

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The whole ENP and INJ couple it seems almost as anyone with one of those types seems to put their spouse as the other type to make it seem they're like the perfect couple.

I probably have nothing of worth to say in this video and let someone else put a nice positive comment or insightful thing to say but I don't believe these people are correctly typed. Maybe I'm wrong because I listened to the first few minutes and I heard nothing of what the INTJ would use as Te and the ENFP just didn't vibe as one and seemed pretty grounded.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^I'm inclined to agree. I didn't watch the whole video, just watched the opening minute, then fast-forwarded to another few brief clips later on, as it didn't seem to be very compelling to me. But, right, it's one of those deals where we're supposed to take their self-typing as a given, I guess, because there isn't anything they're saying that would narrow things down to a specific type imo, it's fairly generic.

Starry

I'm always the one to watch these Youtubes and immediately think "mistyped"...and yet here I actually think these two got it right (when my friends above are questioning it which why I'll never be cool.)

I can see why people might question it though. That chick is obviously heavy on the Ni easy on the Te...and has 1 and 6 and part of her enneagram make up. But yah...like she wasn't speaking figuratively when she was saying that she liked him so well so fast that she thought he was evil...no, she meant that literally. <-Which my Dad does this. Not with anything having to do with evil or the devil...but I will never understand why my Dad can't just be "a little wrong". Instead he goes from being one of the most brilliant, clear-thinking individuals 99% of the time... to full-on hopping the crazy train.

The dude's behavior... I don't know how common it is with the other MBTI pairings but I know an INTJ/ENFP couple irl that appear to have taken on each other's type...like people here would assume the INTJ was actually the ENFP and vice versa. From what she said it sounds like he was more stereotypically ENFP acting when they first met compared to how he presented in the video. But that could just be age, the Navy training or perhaps he really is the devil ha idk.

I have no idea why this video had to be 9 minutes long.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm always the one to watch these Youtubes and immediately think "mistyped"...and yet here I actually think these two got it right (when my friends above are questioning it which why I'll never be cool.)

I can see why people might question it though. That chick is obviously heavy on the Ni easy on the age...and has 1 and 6 and part of her enneagram make up. But yah...like she wasn't speaking figuratively when she was saying that she liked him so well so fast that she thought he was evil...no, she meant that literally. <-Which my Dad does this. Not with anything having to do with evil or the devil...but I will never understand why my Dad can't just be "a little wrong". Instead he goes from being one of the most brilliant, clear-thinking individuals 99% of the time... to full-on hopping the crazy train.

The dude's behavior... I don't know how common it is with the other MBTI pairings but I know an INTJ/ENFP couple irl that appear to have taken on each other's type...like people here would assume the INTJ was actually the ENFP and vice versa. From what she said it sounds like he was more stereotypically ENFP acting when they first met compared to how he presented in the video. But that could just be age, the Navy training or perhaps he really is the devil ha idk.

I have no idea why this video had to be 9 minutes long.

Ha! My thing was more that the content seemed generic enough that they could both be all kinds of types for all I could tell. (Also the guy didn't say much at all so from my pov while sure, maybe he could be enfp, from what he gave us, he could be other types as well)

Starry

Ha! My thing was more that the content seemed generic enough that they could both be all kinds of types for all I could tell. (Also the guy didn't say much at all so from my pov while sure, maybe he could be enfp, from what he gave us, he could be other types as well)

I edited...but is it interesting in anyway that autocorrect changed Te to 'age'? (although it just gave me 'ate' as a replacement which may be dependent on sentence structure and anticipated meaning).

Okay, I get what you're saying.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think she's ISTP and he's ISFJ. The whole story was too concrete to be two N-doms talking about anything.

I was expecting that other couple that has been posted here before. They're annoying af, but more than likely correctly typed.

As a comparison:

They spend most of the time talking about the idea of how they met or how their first encounter was somehow emblematic of some bigger pattern of ENFP-INTJ relationship. The concrete facts of the story for them are presented as practically ancillary.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I think she's ISTP and he's ISFJ. The whole story was too concrete to be two N-doms talking about anything.

I don't think they are typed correctly. No ENFP would ever hang things on the wall that way either, male or female makes no difference.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think they are typed correctly. No ENFP would ever hang things on the wall that way either, male or female makes no difference.

NFPs are pack rats. Even if it's artfully done, they like a lot of stuff. These two pictures look like homes of ENFPs I've known:

9d45aca3fc303f72bae05d7748bc6830.jpg

9e07443ce7568b3ffe634d1ba63e188c.jpg

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
NFPs are pack rats. Even if it's artfully done, they like a lot of stuff. These two pictures look like homes of ENFPs I've known:

I have fixed my ENFPs pack rat issue. Now she does have an issue with creating disaster...her mom explained her as a tornado just hit the room.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Seems to me it would depend on the enfp's value set. [MENTION=10714]Qlip[/MENTION] for example is very much on the minimalist side, from what he's shared. Same for [MENTION=4939]kyuuei[/MENTION]

Starry

Seems to me it would depend on the enfp's value set. [MENTION=10714]Qlip[/MENTION] for example is very much on the minimalist side, from what he's shared. Same for @kyuiee

Thanks, yah...I think it has something to do with 7ness (gluttony). I'm currently sitting in a sea of my own junk.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have fixed my ENFPs pack rat issue. Now she does have an issue with creating disaster...her mom explained her as a tornado just hit the room.

I have often told ENFP that he has the hording gene. Tornado is right. Bath towels on dining room tables and pajama pants on living room floors, like what happened here?? :laugh:

It's like Will Ferrell in Stepbrothers when they sleep-walk.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Seems to me it would depend on the enfp's value set. [MENTION=10714]Qlip[/MENTION] for example is very much on the minimalist side, from what he's shared. Same for [MENTION=4939]kyuuei[/MENTION]

I am minimalist for practicality, but I definitely appreciate and enjoy eclectic and fabulous cluttery decor.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Would NFP clutter stem from Fi/Si?? Finding meaning and value in just about anything you attach yourself to, as a part of your own? If so, is it safe to say that in general, INFPs may have more clutter than ENFPs with a higher stacked Si?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Maybe it comes with age but my ENFP's aren't like this. They like stuff, yes but not boho overflow (any style really). One is an interior designer, she would have a cow if I showed her how they hung that stuff in the vid, hahah. I do think once they see the benefit of more minimal (subjective to a degree) decor, they get it like a lightbulb went off. It's just the journey to getting it.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Maybe it comes with age but my ENFP's aren't like this. They like stuff, yes but not boho overflow (any style really). One is an interior designer, she would have a cow if I showed her how they hung that stuff in the vid, hahah. I do think once they see the benefit of more minimal (subjective to a degree) decor, they get it like a lightbulb went off. It's just the journey to getting it.

I think you nailed it with..."its just the journey"

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Do you know their Enneagram? I think E7's have more of a hording factor like [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] mentioned.

My ENFP will keep something that is broken in the hopes of fixing it. Not realizing that what he wants to fix is $10 to replace and not worth the 2 hours of labor.

I don't know how to describe this but it's penny wise, pound foolish. But I don't say anything. Just let him do what he wants but if it's not fixed and still laying around after two months, I'll call him on it.

He usually just goes, "Throw it out" and that's how that goes. Lol.
[MENTION=12103]Poki[/MENTION] what is your ENFPs Enneagram?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Do you know their Enneagram? I think E7's have more of a hording factor like [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] mentioned.

My ENFP will keep something that is broken in the hopes of fixing it. Not realizing that what he wants to fix is $10 to replace and not worth the 2 hours of labor.

I don't know how to describe this but it's penny wise, pound foolish. But I don't say anything. Just let him do what he wants but if it's not fixed and still laying around after two months, I'll call him on it.

He usually just goes, "Throw it out" and that's how that goes. Lol.
[MENTION=12103]Poki[/MENTION] what is your ENFPs Enneagram?

I'm pretty sure the designer is a 4. The other, he's a 7 but he's not pack ratty. He's unorganized though.