• ENFP talks about how they lie and deceive others
    Likes cascadeco, MDP2525 liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I thought this was going to be edgy, but I was pleasantly surprised.
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

johari
    nohari
    Likes MDP2525 liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSE Si

The point about deception was really accurate. I like to have the illusion of being an open book, but I'm realizing I'm a very secretive person. Especially in regards to my past experiences. Good video.

(@Cloudpatrol because they were interested in the concept of honesty and lies.)
    MBTI: Te = Ne > Se = Si > Ni = Fi > Fe > Ti
    Enneagram: 2w3 - 8w7 - 7w8 (The Humanitarian) | sx/so/sp
    Zodiac: Aries-Taurus Cusp Sun, Scorpio Moon, Scorpio Rising
    Holland Code: Enterprising > Social > Artistic = Conventional = Investigative > Realistic
    Temperaments: Sanguine = Choleric > Melancholic > Phlegmatic
    Potter House: Slytherin
    Social Media: Tumblr · Private Blog · Twitter
    Likes Cloudpatrol, The Wailing Specter liked this post

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Oh, okay. He is describing a higher standard of truth telling than a lot of people even care about, so it makes more sense to me. I've thought ENFPs and ESFPs are some of the more transparent, authentic people who don't say the opposite of what they mean like a lot of people. At least the ones I've encountered are very genuine.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Default Video: ENFPs lie

Yes, I can relate to this too. A lie of omission is still a lie. I suppose someone thought of that when they made up the legal swearing in to be "Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?"

There are also social lies I tell and since I know I'm not really telling the truth, am disturbed by that. I know intellectually that they have a purpose, and even agree with their utility, but inside I know that they're not really what I think and that a part of me feels some betrayal, almost.
    Likes MDP2525, Yuu, cascadeco liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    A lie of omission is still a lie. I suppose someone thought of that when they made up the legal swearing in to be "Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?"
    No it's not.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Here's a question about lying by omission.
    What if something really horrible happened to you or a loved one, you feel incapacitated by it, you need the day off work to address the issue. If you tell your employer everything, then you are betraying the confidence of someone you love. I tend to feel it is okay to omit information when the person to whom I am conveying some information is not entitled to know all of it. I don't think everyone is entitled to know everything all the time.

Lying by omission is a problem when the other person is entitled to know the whole truth. If someone has been having lunch dates with an ex, but omits that information to their spouse because the spouse will be hurt by it or ask them to stop, then that is quite different from the first scenario.

I think the level of intimacy shared by the different people involved with the information is an important factor. In the first case, the employer does not have an intimate trusted relationship, but the harmed friend does. In the second scenario the spouse is the intimate partner and the ex is the more superficial friend by comparison. I think we owe more complete truth to the people with whom we share more intimate bonds, but the less personal connection that exists, the less entitled the person is to the whole truth. What do you think?
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Likes Yuu liked this post

MBTI
    STP

Didnt listen, but from my experience...enfps lie to themselves which causes them to "lie" to others.
    Im out, its been fun
    Likes MDP2525, Lloyd liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Quote Originally Posted by labyrinthine View Post
    Here's a question about lying by omission.
    What if something really horrible happened to you or a loved one, you feel incapacitated by it, you need the day off work to address the issue. If you tell your employer everything, then you are betraying the confidence of someone you love. I tend to feel it is okay to omit information when the person to whom I am conveying some information is not entitled to know all of it. I don't think everyone is entitled to know everything all the time.

Lying by omission is a problem when the other person is entitled to know the whole truth. If someone has been having lunch dates with an ex, but omits that information to their spouse because the spouse will be hurt by it or ask them to stop, then that is quite different from the first scenario.

I think the level of intimacy shared by the different people involved with the information is an important factor. In the first case, the employer does not have an intimate trusted relationship, but the harmed friend does. In the second scenario the spouse is the intimate partner and the ex is the more superficial friend by comparison. I think we owe more complete truth to the people with whom we share more intimate bonds, but the less personal connection that exists, the less entitled the person is to the whole truth. What do you think?
    A lie of omission is when you go to buy a house, you ask if it has any problems and the seller tells you " Oh yeah the house is fine." neglecting to tell you that the garage is a death trap due to faulty wiring.

I was going to elaborate but you pretty much covered it. People often accuse me of being "vague" when I talk about my personal life in everyday conversation. In that context, I don't understand why I have to explain to them that yes I am because I do not want them to know and I am under no obligation to tell them.
    Likes labyrinthine liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

My whole life I have always gotten in trouble for not lying and withholding the truth. I've had friends and family beg me "you need to learn how to lie." <-Under certain conditions though I'm a highly effective liar. I'm really, really good at lying to authority figures I have no respect for if I feel it is good/right or I'm protecting someone I know to be good/right...if it's a one time gig (like I don't have to continue lying over a period of time and by that I mean...remember what I have said.) Anything outside of that will cause me physical aches and pains...I'll feel creepy about it if I do. But even without those physical aliments...I just don't see the point. I only want to be loved and/or rejected for me. I just think if I'm lying I'm going to be attracting and repelling the wrong people.
    Walk first through the fire.

*Currently participating in the "No Likes" experiment.