• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Revisiting the Types: INFJ

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This by far is the best source in my experience that describes an INFJ. Really gets the thinking parts of them down and the comparison with the ISTP is phenomenal. Enjoy. If anyone would like to discuss. I'd welcome it!

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
INFPs aim to sagehood. What does INFJs aim to? Wisdom also?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
This by far is the best source in my experience that describes an INFJ. Really gets the thinking parts of them down and the comparison with the ISTP is phenomenal. Enjoy. If anyone would like to discuss. I'd welcome it!

That's totally rad dude :coffee:

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Michael Pierce ... what a farce. His personal interior contains so much arrogance and bias cloaked under the guise of being impartial. Impartial my ass. So much self-motivation cloaked in his words.

Case in point: MY PATRONS! Of course, he's only a student of human nature, it's not about any kind of compensation. I'm sure he's only accepted money so as not to offend his disciples followers. Seems to make the goals of the channel more clear now, eh? A lack of altruism in the work is something I've felt in this person for a long time.

This morning's quiz: Can you spot the bias in this sentence?

"INTJ however starts with the evaluation of the vision, deciding for and of themselves whether it is good or bad and blueprints don't come into the picture until the INTJ starts bringing the vision about. The INTJ then is much more of a visionary in the regular sense of the word. The INFJ on the other hand ..." Regular sense of the word hehehe I guess that makes the INFJ a more speshul visionary.

INFP: "Meh, I saved his life because I felt like it."
INFJ: "I saved their life because it is the right and correct thing to do."

omg ... so, in this exchange, the INFJ gets to be most rational person AND they get to claim moral centre! Priceless! Us INFPs we just do whatever we want, ya, no moral compass here.

"The INFP wants the INFJ to reveal how they do their magic tricks!" No, no we don't.

INFPs are more "definitionally" empathic. Love the qualifier.

I can't listen to this tripe anymore. What utter garbage. Listen, I'll go get the pedestal out and we'll hold the next INFJ worship service tonight at 7pm, eh?

The bias against ... well practically every Fi type, is strong in this one. And the Ni arrogance ... :doh: And people listen to this guy! Incredible.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ :rofl1:

What life really needs.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is this going to turn into another INFJ bashing thread?

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
My comments about ONE PERSON (who also happens to be an INFJ) and their highly biased views is NOT a reflection on the whole type. Any extrapolation on a possible INFJ shit-show is unwarranted.

Remember, donations may help MP make content with greater care..

Well then, I'd better donate.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
You know I'd like to add -- content like this does a massive disservice to INFJs, who are awesome in their own right and don't deserve to have such biased pieces become representative of the lexicon for the type.

You don't need to compare INTJs to describe INFJs and you don't need to do that either with INFPs and throw every Fi type under the bus in the process. And no, INFJs are NOT ISTP light -- they're not like ISTPs ... why can't the descriptions just stand on their own merit without the constant comparisons?

INFJs are some of my best friends in real life. This description just doesn't do INFJs justice.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was just joking.

- - - Updated - - -

Michael Pierce is an INFJ so I wouldn't expect him to do Fi justice. He has no real internal perspective of how it works.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
1:40 "INFJs are similar to RPG characters with low health, but which constantly regenerates" or something along those lines LOL.
Maybe that's why I always played the witch doctor in Diablo 3. So true :) We also manipulate others (refered to as minions) to fight for us ;)

Impressive video btw.

He said something about INFJs seeing "enlightenment" as the ultimate goal. I once told my latin teacher that. He looked very puzzled.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't agree with the people listed at the beginning of the video being INFJs. I can see Ghandi as INFJ and a few others, but the following jumped out at me as especially incorrect. I don't agree that INFJs are basically Rationalists. That isn't now Jung describes Ni. He describes it more as mystical and 'fantastical crank' to the point of almost being seen as decidedly irrational, but at times insightful. There are bits of truth in this like the "concerned observer", but there is an example of how much conflicting information is out there as credible for each type.

I would say Noam Chomsky is an extremely clear example of an INTP. He has to be a T-dom because of his rigorous intellectualism and his footnotes are longer than his text. He is not jumping to any conclusion, but is one of the most rigorous examples of verification of ideas. The only debate about his type is whether it is primarily Te or Ti, but I lean towards Ti because of the personal vibe he gives off.

I've thought Wittgenstein is an INTP, but I could be convinced he is an INTJ because he is so esoteric.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't agree with the people listed at the beginning of the video being INFJs. I can see Ghandi as INFJ and a few others, but the following jumped out at me as especially incorrect. I don't agree that INFJs are basically Rationalists. That isn't now Jung describes Ni. He describes it more as mystical and 'fantastical crank' to the point of almost being seen as decidedly irrational, but at times insightful. There are bits of truth in this like the "concerned observer", but there is an example of how much conflicting information is out there as credible for each type.

I would say Noam Chomsky is an extremely clear example of an INTP. He has to be a T-dom because of his rigorous intellectualism and his footnotes are longer than his text. He is not jumping to any conclusion, but is one of the most rigorous examples of verification of ideas. The only debate about his type is whether it is primarily Te or Ti, but I lean towards Ti because of the personal vibe he gives off.

I've thought Wittgenstein is an INTP, but I could be convinced he is an INTJ because he is so esoteric.

Yes, his celeb typings seem way off.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=14857]labyrinthine[/MENTION] I agree on Chomsky

Schopenhauer is a clear INFJ example.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I will watch the video again to see if I get a clearer idea about it. There are some very good points in the video, and my main question has to do with the focus on rationality. I'm not certain why someone would not just type as an INTJ or INTP or ISTP if they are primarily rational. The best INFJ description might lean more towards a truer NF sounding description, with all its subjective, imaginative, intuitive, holistic way of processing information. The introversion aspect and socialization of the type sounds right, but I would be curious to hear the INTJ description to contrast. I should watch it again to be sure my comments reflect the video accurately enough.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's totally rad dude :coffee:
Too legit to quit. :coffee: :raisesonewithyou:
1:40 "INFJs are similar to RPG characters with low health, but which constantly regenerates" or something along those lines LOL.
Maybe that's why I always played the witch doctor in Diablo 3. So true :) We also manipulate others (refered to as minions) to fight for us ;)

Impressive video btw.

He said something about INFJs seeing "enlightenment" as the ultimate goal. I once told my latin teacher that. He looked very puzzled.
It is quite spectacular. I was astounded by his new connections. A character I loved to play was the runekeeper imo it was a half healing and half dps class. Pretty cool. Was supposed to represent galadriel who she of course was an INFJ. :yes:

I can't say much on Noam Chomsky so I will suspend my belief on for now.

Micheal Peirce says he is part of the CelebrityTypes when he shows people in his videos so it makes sense they are typed that way.
(Not mentioned in this video) so there is that.

Micheal gives a rare explanation to what goes on to an INFJ's head. He is himself one. INFJ's really can relate to an INTP/ISTP as their approaches are highly similar except of what their subjects are.

It was true his insight that INFJ's hold back their insights because people don't like to be critiqued so they're polite keeping their own in their heads. I also do this on the forum. I wouldn't share everything with a person to save themselves from being humiliated on how people tend to act. Plus Fi types wouldn't like it either. ;)

There's a reason why INFJ's are called natures psychologists. They aim to be objective to the best of their ability when observing others. I think people really like to attach the feeling aspect on us because yes we do feel but INFJ's core function is Ni not Fe. We're naturally more interested in theories and since introversion is preferred over extraversion, Ti is often used a bit more than Fe making them quite "rational". They're not objectively rational but subjectively rational. It makes sense why INFJ's want to understand people why do things in a logical manner not necessarily a "I feel you bro" INFJ's are secretive because they are quite cold in a way and when they explain its quite detached which may see this person as information gatherer rather than a person who makes decisions for others.

Yes I am extremely aware of jungs Ni description. Please be aware he was talking as if Ni was entirely isolated. Peirce describes INFJ's as their functions work together even though he misleads by dividing the video by sections.

I will watch the video again to see if I get a clearer idea about it. There are some very good points in the video, and my main question has to do with the focus on rationality. I'm not certain why someone would not just type as an INTJ or INTP or ISTP if they are primarily rational. The best INFJ description might lean more towards a truer NF sounding description, with all its subjective, imaginative, intuitive, holistic way of processing information. The introversion aspect and socialization of the type sounds right, but I would be curious to hear the INTJ description to contrast. I should watch it again to be sure my comments reflect the video accurately enough.

He has done an INTJ video. I am convinced INTJ's feel more in a personal way than INFJ's. But their approaches to the world are entirely different.

I don't think just watching those two videos would change how you view him I believe you may have to outstretch than just the definitions of Jung to understand Ni a little bit more. I think people are bashing him because people are expecting "but what about the feeling part" the video is a revisit rather than a comprehensive video so he's in my point of view adding a peculiar perspective which I believe this subjective rationality of tertiary Ti is essential in being an INFJ.

Jellyfish1234

Personally I don't really relate with the Ni section at all, but I relate to the Fe-Ti sections and the introduction section quite a lot. I'm waiting for the ISFJ one to come out to see how much I relate to that haha.