• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Video: INTJ and INFJ - How To Shut Up Introverted Intuition

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
  • If you are an Ni dom, your brain is a noise machine with images and voices and visualizations non stop - this is because we have a bad filter between our unconscious or conscious mind. Usually when your voice is being overused in the head it is because you are not expressing that voice properly. Your subconscious is paranoid about you not receiving the messages from Ni. The way to quiet it is to use your extraverted judging function. (Te or Fe). You have to communicate it. He writes at least 2000 words a day. If you want to quiet the sound in your head, you have to write things down. It's no as easy as it sounds because you need to let the ideas develop in your head. Usually what happens is that you visualize the execution of steps and can then figurie out where the step can go and once the idea develops, write everything down. Make a video. That let's your subconscious mind know the information is being communicated.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yessss!

This video was good. He did look extremely paranoid though.

Otherwise yeah, I have a very difficult time living in the moment, even if I have no obligations.

I just need to make my journal/diary be the victim of all my Ni cries. My mind can't shut up except once in a while.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Is this a universal problem with all N doms?? My mind never shuts up, and funny enough, I too have found that writing things down, especially around bed time, when I most need my mind to shut up, helps a great deal. Walking around, doing anything really, I am constantly thinking of things such as what this reminds me of, what that reminds me of, what if I did this with that, etc. The list goes on and on. I can't stay in any art museum longer than a few hours only because of how much mental stimulation I get from it, it's a rush of thoughts.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is this a universal problem with all N doms?? My mind never shuts up, and funny enough, I too have found that writing things down, especially around bed time, when I most need my mind to shut up, helps a great deal. Walking around, doing anything really, I am constantly thinking of things such as what this reminds me of, what that reminds me of, what if I did this with that, etc. The list goes on and on. I can't stay in any art museum longer than a few hours only because of how much mental stimulation I get from it, it's a rush of thoughts.
Same here, except about art museums. I don't go to them often enough to notice any specific effects. I will usually have 3 or 4 ongoing problems or projects running around in my mind, and partial solutions or ideas or even questions related to each will surface in turn, like a kaleidoscope without as much symmetry. I will often jot these things down on whatever paper scraps are available, but that is more to prevent losing/forgetting them than any deliberate effort to quiet Ni.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Same here, except about art museums. I don't go to them often enough to notice any specific effects. I will usually have 3 or 4 ongoing problems or projects running around in my mind, and partial solutions or ideas or even questions related to each will surface in turn, like a kaleidoscope without as much symmetry. I will often jot these things down on whatever paper scraps are available, but that is more to prevent losing/forgetting them than any deliberate effort to quiet Ni.

Hmm, that's a good idea, to jot down your ideas or solutions. I get that too, except that I don't jot them down at the time, sometimes I do write a note on my phone, but usually not. I do end up forgetting, but I have enough faith in myself to know that those solutions will return again, some time. It's not the most effective way to go about things for sure. I find though, that when I go into autopilot any time, such as driving to work, cleaning the house, etc. that's when those solutions tend to show up most often. It's as if my mind never stopped working to solve whatever issue I left in the past.

Litsnob

I want to know why he is making this video outside when he does not look particularly comfortable there. I imagine that he is even less comfortable in his own home and that makes me sad.

Yes, I have a busy brain and I use methods similar to what he describes to distract it or essentially find some peace. I write copiously, diaries, fiction, a blog, and I have a few people who will listen to me endlessly talk about my thoughts so I'm lucky. I also find that learning something new, reading everything I can get my hands on about it, making notes, writing out what I understand also helps me to rest my brain by giving it a focus. It's like that person who goes for a jog to relax. I have to take my brain for a jog.