• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Video: 5 things that suck about being an INFJ

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

• The 5 things (from the perspective of the INFJ) are:

1. I am in my head so much, I don't have enough energy to make things happen in the real world. This might be related to the Ni-Ti loop.

2. You don't get me like I get you and one sided relationships. Feel like I am the only one caring enough about you and your problems and people forget to ask about my interests and problems. Don't want to share problems because people don't have the capability or desire to know about them as much as I care about knowing about you. So consumed with wanting to make the other person I am with in the moment happy and to like me and regret it afterwards.

3. I am an all or nothing person. I have a difficulty doing things in moderation. Either I'm totally into things or I'm not.

4. I am more dark than people make me out to be. When I'm in the presence of other people, I'm so focused on them and making them happy. They don't realize that when I'm not with them, I'm never totally at ease when I'm with myself. I am kind of critical and always thinking of things I can be doing better and I can be consumed with things that are bothering me.

5. We are perfectionists but we are not always proud. I don't like to give myself too many pats on my back. If you don't get validation from someone else, you don't think that much about it.

á´…eparted

passages
I haven't watched the video, but all of these seem kinda generic and could apply to a large number of people.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
not going to watch videos of other people whom i do not know. i try to limit my exposures in this way, and think others should as well.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
not going to watch videos of other people whom i do not know. i try to limit my exposures in this way, and think others should as well.

Why do you care what other people choose to watch?

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why do you care what other people choose to watch?

Because I care about what goes into the mind. It is important.

Watching images of a female talking about herself is bad. Unless she is your female. ;)

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I identify with getting other people more than they get me, and maybe having a dark side that others rarely see, but I have no trouble with bringing my dreams and visions into the "real world." Also, I'm not an all or nothing person and I'm only a perfectionist in a few things. I'm much harder on myself than I am on anyone else.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Because I care about what goes into the mind. It is important.

Watching images of a female talking about herself is bad. Unless she is your female. ;)

But why is it bad to watch people talking about themselves? I guess I don't understand because I don't think like you.

Personally, I enjoy watching typology videos of other people. I like to see how people of different types, think, especially types different from my own. I know that one individual video doesn't tell the whole story because different people of each type still have differences among them. But hey, it's a start. And I do believe that if you watch several videos of people of the same type, you do see some commonalities and it also helps in typing of other people.

It just saddens me a little bit that your attitude towards this seems a bit narrow minded and that you aren't even the least bit curious.

á´…eparted

passages
But why is it bad to watch people talking about themselves?

Because she's religious to her core and takes on the horrid archaic values from literal bible interpretation. You can't seriously want to wonder or care how someone could think something that irrational and obviously bad. You won't get a rational answer from her either, or will you or anyone understand.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have never, I mean NEVER heard this kind of belief before. Even from ancient societies. You're a woman, what's wrong not to hear another one speak? She speaks nothing against Christianity for that matter. She simply is talking about mbti which is quite neutral in all respects and doesn't even place the expectation you must agree with her.

What's your thinking process like? When I think of Jesus as an INFJ, he set out to others to believe in people to believe from the heart and gave people the chance to take control more of their own lives and more interpretation on how to worship God and how He was intercessory for God the Father sent to set men free.

It seems to me your thinking process is to not question, blindly follow and accept.

I mean I grew up religious, served a mission teaching religion to strangers should they accept to hear on what I had to say. I've heard from many Christians on their perspectives.

But I really don't understand your reasoning. She's not acting sexual or tempting of any sort, there's not even room really to interpret that.

Or you're just joking and you know you just wanted to troll people for fun.

Please AphroditeGoneAwry, what, why? Please lay down the reason. Use your beliefs if you have to, but please exercise use of reason.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I only watched half of it. The way she takes four whole minutes to say each of those bullet points typed out- that is, hands down, one of the most absolute suckiest things about being INFJ. I don't like that it probably sounds mean, but it just really seriously is one of the suckiest things about being INFJ. It takes a lot of effort to say things succinctly *and* make sense- quite often I only get one or the other. Or neither.

I'm not sure I agree with any of the actual bullet points being especially exclusively INFJ though. Maybe kinda #2, but I'd phrase it a little differently.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would rather the thread be focused on the stuff the person is saying than criticizing [MENTION=6336]AphroditeGoneAwry[/MENTION] for her opinions on why someone should or shouldn't watch a video. It's kind of a derail.

I think that INFJs are an interesting type. There is a huge amount of stuff under the surface but you don't know what's really going on in there. Here is another video I listened to recently. It's kind of long but I thought it was fascinating to hear how this guy thinks. It's very similar to the INTJ in many ways but strongly different in others.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The way she takes four whole minutes to say each of those bullet points typed out- that is, hands down, one of the most absolute suckiest things about being INFJ. I don't like that it probably sounds mean, but it just really seriously is one of the suckiest things about being INFJ. It takes a lot of effort to say things succinctly *and* make sense- quite often I only get one or the other. Or neither.

:D

Like one of those weird weather days where the clouds and the sun can't make up their minds about which one it's gonna be, and you just keep waiting thru these awkwardly timed cycles for little snippets of clarity.

"Ah yes, that is the sun. I do remember that."

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Some posts were moved. Please keep this on topic.