• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Video: Meet Christine, the INFP!

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
  • INFP talks about herself.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
She talks about herself for like 2 minutes of 12. Then goes into her interpretation of being an INFP.

She isn't calm or grounded, here. *sigh* I sense high anxiety, disconnectedness, elements of low self-esteem, some racing thinking, and times where her expression reflects a pointed lack of authenticity.

Easy for me to say, being 28 years older than she is. INFPs when they are young, so hard to just "be". Still hard for me even now.

Some of the points she makes are salient, others are more enneagram-related, others are more pointed to her as an individual.

That's my mixed bag review.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
She's an ENFP. She radiates it so much. I'm kind of getting sick.. :sick:

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Her mannerisms really remind me of ENFPs I know. Plus the whole wandering driving aimlessly seems very ENFP.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Her mannerisms really remind me of ENFPs I know. Plus the whole wandering driving aimlessly seems very ENFP.

Little judging and all perceiving where I'm almost wanting her to sit down, she speaks like she has had 3 16 oz. energy drinks. :shock: I honestly couldn't finish the video, the nervousness was too much to watch and that emotionless face made me feel like there was no soul. :(

Just my honest opinion.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7

I couldn't watch the video (said I didn't have sufficient privileges?) but I don't know if wandering driving is exclusively ENFP. That's actually one of my main dreams...driving to nowhere. Also, that kind of thing could arguably be an ISFP thing as well.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I couldn't watch the video (said I didn't have sufficient privileges?) but I don't know if wandering driving is exclusively ENFP. That's actually one of my main dreams...driving to nowhere. Also, that kind of thing could arguably be an ISFP thing as well.

I do it as well. It's just a means to be out and about and I love driving. It's not a dream, I just wanna drive and have no where to go.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I do it as well. It's just a means to be out and about and I love driving. It's not a dream, I just wanna drive and have no where to go.

I love driving around near randomly. It gives me a nice idea of a place. I just love the experience. I love driving in general.

So, there is a purpose, I guess, feeding my understanding. I studied maps as a kid of distant cities.

Ultimately, I do directed exploration. I went to Tokyo awhile back and explored the city without fear, enjoying the exploration. I didn't do it randomly, though, instead making plans and studying maps, going well off the beaten path.......

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

She seems like an INFP to me based on how she describes herself. I can see the thinking that she's an ENFP because she sounds outgoing but I don't think that's right.

Can you try it now?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She talks about herself for like 2 minutes of 12. Then goes into her interpretation of being an INFP.

She isn't calm or grounded, here. *sigh* I sense high anxiety, disconnectedness, elements of low self-esteem, some racing thinking, and times where her expression reflects a pointed lack of authenticity.

Easy for me to say, being 28 years older than she is. INFPs when they are young, so hard to just "be". Still hard for me even now.

Some of the points she makes are salient, others are more enneagram-related, others are more pointed to her as an individual.

That's my mixed bag review.

Videos are tough. I for example become somewhat anxious and the act of being on a video or talking on vid or talking about myself feels unnatural, so I wonder how much of that applies to her. I do think I come across pretty differently from her but I can relate to some of the more agitated mannerisms. Basically I think for a certain set of ppl video can be kind of deceiving in how they come across and also how they feel they need to present themselves. Not sure how to articulate this.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I thought this as well, although without the "sick" part.
Of course, my bias is I dont relate to her or see myself in her at all, and she reminds me much more of ENFPs I've encountered.

However, I don't know how people even do these videos. I couldnt do it; I dont know what I am like in relation to anything outside myself, as then it just becomes something I imagine, so inevitably it would be contrived. I imagine I would be more reserved and morose, but then that's just it - I imagine myself that way.

So I imagine any INFP doing a video like this would go into character. I think INFPs make good character actors for that reason - they "disappear".

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I imagine any INFP doing a video like this would go into character. I think INFPs make good character actors for that reason - they "disappear".

I agree.

I listened more to what she was saying vs. how she was saying it which is why I was not so convinced she is ENFP though.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
This was a bit awkward, but I liked it despite that!

I wouldn't mind if you guys did more!

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I agree.

I listened more to what she was saying vs. how she was saying it which is why I was not so convinced she is ENFP though.

Yeah, I'm really on the fence on this one. Mostly in the beginning I could believe that she's an INFP because I can tell that she's really outside of her comfort area and is way more shy that she's letting on. But at the same time she has a speed of speech that I haven't seen in INFPs.

I'm going to conclude that she's an ENFP who thought she was an INFP because she thinks she's shy or an introvert. But since I see her using Ne without any barriers I have no qualms imagining that's her first function.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
She...definitely comes across as more ENFP. Hard to keep up with her at points. Didn't watch the whole thing, though.

I just saw more Ne and less Fi, at least of what I saw. But, you know. I don't know.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree.

That didn't convince me at all, although the "how" is always more telling than the "what" (which is easily regurgitated from type descriptions). I am not convinced of any type for her, but I simply wouldn't hold her as a prime example of INFP.

But my bias is she is not relatable to me nor she does she remind me of other people I type as INFP.

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought this as well, although without the "sick" part.
Of course, my bias is I dont relate to her or see myself in her at all, and she reminds me much more of ENFPs I've encountered.

However, I don't know how people even do these videos. I couldnt do it; I dont know what I am like in relation to anything outside myself, as then it just becomes something I imagine, so inevitably it would be contrived. I imagine I would be more reserved and morose, but then that's just it - I imagine myself that way.

OK, how would you type the late Peter Sellers, who reportedly "became" his character for weeks at a time?

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But my bias is she is not relatable to me nor she does she remind me of other people I type as INFP.

It's the second time you say this and I'm starting to feel slightly irritated by it.
Whether you like it or not, INFP and ENFP are practically sub-types of the same type. We have the same functions, and they are practically in the same order. The main difference should be at the level of the 3rd function, with INFPs clearly directing with Si and ENFPs with Te. But this is a minor difference in the great scheme of things, where INFPs and ENFPs see the world in basically the same ways and react similarly (if not explicitely outwards, at least inwards).
So your reaction of wanting to distance yourself from ENFPs is basically..... Bullshit. It's just your prejudice really.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's the second time you say this and I'm starting to feel slightly irritated by it.
Whether you like it or not, INFP and ENFP are practically sub-types of the same type. We have the same functions, and they are practically in the same order. The main difference should be at the level of the 3rd function, with INFPs clearly directing with Si and ENFPs with Te. But this is a minor difference in the great scheme of things, where INFPs and ENFPs see the world in basically the same ways and react similarly (if not explicitely outwards, at least inwards).
So your reaction of wanting to distance yourself from ENFPs is basically..... Bullshit. It's just your prejudice really.

There is a real difference, even with the seemingly close proximity, similar to differences between INFJs and ENFJs.

My ENFP friend says it feels very similar with her INFP friends, but that the focus on Ne vs Fi often leads to different outcomes.

Of course, the Nardi brain scans are very different between INFP and ENFP....

Jung put huge stock in the differences between introverted and extroverted types.

My INFJ sis and I think crazy similar on many things. I am faster to act and see, but she is deeper in her understanding and more detail oriented. The slight orientation difference is enough that anyone who knows is would see it within seconds of being together.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
She could be an INFP. I don't know. :shrug:

I don't relate to her focus on relationships and concerns for others. Frankly, that's going to be true of most INFP testimonials.

I do relate to her mannerisms, though, things like nodding her head a lot, her hand gestures, posture, and things like pointing out when she's phrased something awkwardly and using her body and voice when "reenacting" scenes from her life. Her statements about being creative, personal space, difficulty disciplining others, perfectionism, being reserved, needing reassurance that we're doing things right, difficulty expressing feelings especially if we might be judged, zoning out and such are relateable to me.

Keep in mind the video appears to be edited to remove the gaps when she switches topics. She's also referring to her notes. She has an idea of what she wants to get across, and she's confident. Assuming she is an INFP, I think those things make her come across differently than most INFPs on Youtube. There are other people in the room with her as well. I think that can give you something to act toward or bounce off of, if that makes sense.

Anyway, I think NFP fits. I'd have to see her in different contexts to say which fits better. For now, I wouldn't take INFP out of consideration.