First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    She's an ENFP. She radiates it so much. I'm kind of getting sick..
    I thought this as well, although without the "sick" part.
    Of course, my bias is I dont relate to her or see myself in her at all, and she reminds me much more of ENFPs I've encountered.

However, I don't know how people even do these videos. I couldnt do it; I dont know what I am like in relation to anything outside myself, as then it just becomes something I imagine, so inevitably it would be contrived. I imagine I would be more reserved and morose, but then that's just it - I imagine myself that way.

So I imagine any INFP doing a video like this would go into character. I think INFPs make good character actors for that reason - they "disappear".
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe
    Likes highlander, Forever liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post

So I imagine any INFP doing a video like this would go into character. I think INFPs make good character actors for that reason - they "disappear".
    I agree.

I listened more to what she was saying vs. how she was saying it which is why I was not so convinced she is ENFP though.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Enneagram
    N/A

This was a bit awkward, but I liked it despite that!

I wouldn't mind if you guys did more!
    You are so arbitrary.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I agree.

I listened more to what she was saying vs. how she was saying it which is why I was not so convinced she is ENFP though.
    Yeah, I'm really on the fence on this one. Mostly in the beginning I could believe that she's an INFP because I can tell that she's really outside of her comfort area and is way more shy that she's letting on. But at the same time she has a speed of speech that I haven't seen in INFPs.

I'm going to conclude that she's an ENFP who thought she was an INFP because she thinks she's shy or an introvert. But since I see her using Ne without any barriers I have no qualms imagining that's her first function.
    Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post

You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si

She...definitely comes across as more ENFP. Hard to keep up with her at points. Didn't watch the whole thing, though.

I just saw more Ne and less Fi, at least of what I saw. But, you know. I don't know.
    Yet I know, if I stepped aside
    Released the controls, you would open my eyes
    That somehow, all of this mess
    Is just my attempt to know the worth of my life

Mercury - Sleeping At Last

3w2 // 6w7 // 9w1

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I agree.

That didn't convince me at all, although the "how" is always more telling than the "what" (which is easily regurgitated from type descriptions). I am not convinced of any type for her, but I simply wouldn't hold her as a prime example of INFP.

But my bias is she is not relatable to me nor she does she remind me of other people I type as INFP.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I thought this as well, although without the "sick" part.
    Of course, my bias is I dont relate to her or see myself in her at all, and she reminds me much more of ENFPs I've encountered.

However, I don't know how people even do these videos. I couldnt do it; I dont know what I am like in relation to anything outside myself, as then it just becomes something I imagine, so inevitably it would be contrived. I imagine I would be more reserved and morose, but then that's just it - I imagine myself that way.

OK, how would you type the late Peter Sellers, who reportedly "became" his character for weeks at a time?
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

But my bias is she is not relatable to me nor she does she remind me of other people I type as INFP.
    It's the second time you say this and I'm starting to feel slightly irritated by it.
    Whether you like it or not, INFP and ENFP are practically sub-types of the same type. We have the same functions, and they are practically in the same order. The main difference should be at the level of the 3rd function, with INFPs clearly directing with Si and ENFPs with Te. But this is a minor difference in the great scheme of things, where INFPs and ENFPs see the world in basically the same ways and react similarly (if not explicitely outwards, at least inwards).
    So your reaction of wanting to distance yourself from ENFPs is basically..... Bullshit. It's just your prejudice really.

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    It's the second time you say this and I'm starting to feel slightly irritated by it.
    Whether you like it or not, INFP and ENFP are practically sub-types of the same type. We have the same functions, and they are practically in the same order. The main difference should be at the level of the 3rd function, with INFPs clearly directing with Si and ENFPs with Te. But this is a minor difference in the great scheme of things, where INFPs and ENFPs see the world in basically the same ways and react similarly (if not explicitely outwards, at least inwards).
    So your reaction of wanting to distance yourself from ENFPs is basically..... Bullshit. It's just your prejudice really.
    There is a real difference, even with the seemingly close proximity, similar to differences between INFJs and ENFJs.

My ENFP friend says it feels very similar with her INFP friends, but that the focus on Ne vs Fi often leads to different outcomes.

Of course, the Nardi brain scans are very different between INFP and ENFP....

Jung put huge stock in the differences between introverted and extroverted types.

My INFJ sis and I think crazy similar on many things. I am faster to act and see, but she is deeper in her understanding and more detail oriented. The slight orientation difference is enough that anyone who knows is would see it within seconds of being together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

----------------------

“Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    864 sx/so

She could be an INFP. I don't know.

I don't relate to her focus on relationships and concerns for others. Frankly, that's going to be true of most INFP testimonials.

I do relate to her mannerisms, though, things like nodding her head a lot, her hand gestures, posture, and things like pointing out when she's phrased something awkwardly and using her body and voice when "reenacting" scenes from her life. Her statements about being creative, personal space, difficulty disciplining others, perfectionism, being reserved, needing reassurance that we're doing things right, difficulty expressing feelings especially if we might be judged, zoning out and such are relateable to me.

Keep in mind the video appears to be edited to remove the gaps when she switches topics. She's also referring to her notes. She has an idea of what she wants to get across, and she's confident. Assuming she is an INFP, I think those things make her come across differently than most INFPs on Youtube. There are other people in the room with her as well. I think that can give you something to act toward or bounce off of, if that makes sense.

Anyway, I think NFP fits. I'd have to see her in different contexts to say which fits better. For now, I wouldn't take INFP out of consideration.