• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Video: Mathematics and Sex - Ted Talk

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
  • Talk about how mathematical formulas can be used to predict or explain all kinds of things related to sex.

Cygnus

Ted talks are about slapping business lingo and pie charts onto completely arbitrary proposals to make them look like they have intellectual value, then inviting all the flakes to come watch some person yammer on about absolutely nothing intellectually substantial for hours so they'll think they're smart and they can feel better about themselves.

Seriously, "Mathematics and Sex?" Smells like fetishization.

Kas

Fabula rasa
I like TED. Not everything obviously, but some talks are interesting or funny.

If it is about math it has limitations and (unfortunately) can't predict everything. Asking what the math is for reminded me different TED video.
[video]http://www.ted.com/talks/eduardo_saenz_de_cabezon_math_is_forever[/video]

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ted talks are about slapping business lingo and pie charts onto completely arbitrary proposals to make them look like they have intellectual value, then inviting all the flakes to come watch some person yammer on about absolutely nothing intellectually substantial for hours so they'll think they're smart and they can feel better about themselves.

Seriously, "Mathematics and Sex?" Smells like fetishization.

Not always.

Robert Ballard gave a good talk about why we can't ignore exploring the oceans if we want to learn more about the planet and cosmos.

I typically try to avoid any of the talks that try to explain or discuss any science as though it were the subject of a Tony Robbins seminar