• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Video: Happiness for Enneagram Type 9

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
  • This is about 9 moving back towards their natural state of being: joy, freedom and vitality.A.H. Almaas' book, 'Facets of Unity' makes an appearance in this one which is appropriate because it partially inspired the videos. This guy cracks me up!

gromit

likes this
He cracks me up too.

I definitely was at a low point a few years back, not quite as bad as he described, but still pretty bad. And another, less low point when I first moved here and was having trouble establishing connections with others. I think I'm in a better place now. Certainly better compared to those few years ago, and probably even better than last year around this time.

But I don't know that I'll ever be the person who rides that emotion like a wave...

Feelings that feel strong to me from my own perspective, both "good" and "bad" feelings, I just don't always express them as strongly from an outside perspective. And I don't know how useful it is to be soooo emotionally expressive. I think it's good to express what is in your heart, especially when holding it in becomes harmful.

But I guess I'm still navigating how much to share and with whom.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Very true overall. There is a bit in the middle where which MBTI Thinking type 9s won't identify with, namely the absorbing of the emotions around them, but Feeling type 9s will. It isn't that the Thinking type 9s don't do this, but rather that they THINK they don't do this, so encountering this part of the 9 description will make Thinking 9s perhaps believe, "This isn't me. Maybe I'm not a 9."

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I like that he says a healthy type nine is...Loving, dynamic, inhabit their own skin, individual and unique, unforgettable...I agree that the split occurs because a 9 can feel like they must somehow be worthy to be loved.

I think that being criticized for trivial things, for anal retentive things that won't matter in the grand scheme of things, can almost destroy a 9, unless they just come to a place where they realize that it is impossible to please others and that they must just love themselves unconditionally and forgive themselves, then they climb out of it and come into their own. At least that's my theory.

wolfy

awsm
This guy is crack up. And the video is really good and informative. I get riding emotions. Though it doesn't really seem like they need to be expressed, at least, not all of them. I really enjoyed the video.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh I'll have to watch this one...i loved this guy's type 7 and type 4 videos

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Very true overall. There is a bit in the middle where which MBTI Thinking type 9s won't identify with, namely the absorbing of the emotions around them, but Feeling type 9s will. It isn't that the Thinking type 9s don't do this, but rather that they THINK they don't do this, so encountering this part of the 9 description will make Thinking 9s perhaps believe, "This isn't me. Maybe I'm not a 9."

Let. It. Out!!! I like this guy, he described it wonderfully. I agree with T vs F 9's. They're like sponges but they can learn to lessen that. It was great to hear someone else talk about the things I experienced with my 9 and how we dealt with it.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I think this guy explains the types very well! Helped me to discover my own.