User Tag List

First 234

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Well, in many respects we are just normal human beings, like anyone else.
    False.

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis
    I can be conventionally down-to-earth and personable, but it doesn't feel like "me". It feels as if I am taking on a role to accomplish what I want in a situation.
    It takes deliberate effort to switch to that "down-to-earth and personable" mode and it is not comfortable.
    Case in point lol.

So when you act down to Earth and personable, you feel 'weird', and like you're taking on a role to accomplish something. Sounds to me like an advanced artificial intelligence in a surrogate human body experiencing the ups and downs of navigating the rules of human society lol.

You say it takes deliberate effort to switch to that, and that it's not comfortable... we all saw this, for example, in the movie Man of Steel. Where the aliens come to Earth, and the atmosphere is so different to their own planet of Krypton, that it makes them superhuman here. But at the same time, because they weren't born and raised here... it makes them feel very not comfortable. And Kal-El (you may know him as Superman :p) took his whole life to come up with a way to navigate the uncomfortableness and weird way it made him feel, eventually finally learning how to live with it. At one point he fights General Zod by taking his mask off so he can feel the uncomfortableness.

That sounds a lot like INTJ to me! lol

Are you sure you aren't keeping your eyes open for romantic opportunities?
    Well... why else would I have said "GIVE ME ALL TEH INTJs DO IT NAO" in the ENFP/INTJ thread? lol

it is second nature now to the degree that I probably speak that way nearly all the time, even in completely social situations.
    I've been dying to meet a real life person that talks like that ever since I saw the movie Coneheads lol.

• "May I have 55 words with you?"
    • "Maintain low tones with me, maintain low tones!"
    • (going into labor) "My plubar has broken... the birthing spasm has begun!"
    • "Good morning, parental units. I must inform you now that I will not be home from school tonight"
    • "If for some reason your life functions ceased, my most precious one, I would collapse. I would draw the shades and I would live in the dark. I would never get out of my slar pad or clean myself. My fluids would coagulate, my cone would shrivel, and I would die, miserable and lonely. The stench would be great"

• "He was behaving like a flarndip"
    • "Flarndip?"
    • "A masher, a hustler, an uninvited grasper of cone"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Despotic Ocelot View Post
    False.

Case in point lol.

So when you act down to Earth and personable, you feel 'weird', and like you're taking on a role to accomplish something. Sounds to me like an advanced artificial intelligence in a surrogate human body experiencing the ups and downs of navigating the rules of human society lol.
    Do you honestly find it impossible for an ordinary, real-life human to experience this, or is this just another one of your jokes (which I sometimes seem to miss)?

I've been dying to meet a real life person that talks like that ever since I saw the movie Coneheads lol.
    I haven't seen that either - and no, "either" doesn't mean that I think there are two of them. It will be a long time before I ever say those things on your list, though. They are nonsensical.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

This actually sounds a lot like me. Well, perhaps not the 'me' you encounter now, but rather the me that results from the future freezing of my head, brain transplant into a robot form which time travels back to the past to destroy all evil. That part of me deals with this issue you describe all the time. (well, not so much right now, but moreso in the future past)

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    In some INTJs I've debated - again in my view - it seems to create biased views of the 'facts' where on some topics they seem unable to see the flaws in their original assumptions. So while the logic is correct it just doesn't correspond to reality.
    I think you are trying to say, their beliefs.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    I think you are trying to say, their beliefs.
    well yes, that's another word for it.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

So is Ti the function that questions assumptions the most?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by labyrinthine View Post
    So is Ti the function that questions assumptions the most?
    yes
    Likes labyrinthine liked this post