User Tag List

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default Video: Enneagram Exemplar Type 4 interview by Dr. Deborah Ooten

• Dr. Deborah Ooten interviews a Type 4 on the Enneagram to help elucidate some of the thoughts, feelings, and behaviors that are experienced by this type

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Basically, what I take out of this is that Enneagram 4s are very much about emotions. The words she uses - "deep meaning", "intensity", "love of love", "melancholy", "passionate", "authentic". It sounds like the type has high highs and low lows. Do these things resonate with the Enneagram 4s here?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'm an enneagram 4 and this video is me to a tee.

I can't really relate to her... The only thing I can relate to is the feeling of lacking and longing and having trouble seeing the good thing.
    I don't express my feelings and most people irl think I don't have them, I always play it tough, even when I am breaking inside I always wear a mask to protect myself from humiliation. Because that's what that is...I feel like if I really expressed my genuine feelings out loud, I'd be misunderstood and humiliated. And that's what I thought is a huge part of being a 4. I am emotionally expressive in art and writing, but never in speech or everyday communication, that's just...inappropriate and extremely exposing.
    And I am also not very much into beauty or the love for the sake of the love... I mean... that's the most generic thing someone can ever say...
    And maybe I am not a 4... I am an 8

Quote Originally Posted by Inis Mona View Post
    I can't really relate to her... The only thing I can relate to is the feeling of lacking and longing and having trouble seeing the good thing.
    I don't express my feelings and most people irl think I don't have them, I always play it tough, even when I am breaking inside I always wear a mask to protect myself from humiliation. Because that's what that is...I feel like if I really expressed my genuine feelings out loud, I'd be misunderstood and humiliated. And that's what I thought is a huge part of being a 4. I am emotionally expressive in art and writing, but never in speech or everyday communication, that's just...inappropriate and extremely exposing.
    And I am also not very much into beauty or the love for the sake of the love... I mean... that's the most generic thing someone can ever say...
    And maybe I am not a 4... I am an 8
    Overall, I think I relate to more of your comment than the vid

I love outward adventuring. In fact I will often invite friends to go on “adventures” doing things that take us outside of comfort zones. I don’t think I am as outwardly expressive with emotion. With positive emotion, yes, but generally keep the other end of the spectrum to myself. Tend to try and solve my own problems rather than share them.

DID relate to: viewing the world as beautiful (despite evidence to the contrary at times ), expressing love freely and having an individualized sense of self (while recognizing I am uniquely like = most everyone else ).
    Likes Fay liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I cannot watch the video at the moment, but if I recall it correctly (I think I have seen it before), then I think this woman is a mistyped 6. I did not relate to her, and neither do many 4s based on their comments, but that is not why. For one, she has incredibly nervous, unsure energy. Even if 4s feel nervous we rarely will read that way. The kind of vulnerability she has is more like a phobic 6 sp/so type. She reminds me more of my ISFJ 6 mom than myself....

Secondly, she uses a lot of stock phrases to describe herself. It is like she read a 4 description and is just parroting it - how she should feel as a 4.

I could be wrong about her type, but I don't think she exemplifies a 4.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe
    Likes Eluded_One liked this post

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I cannot watch the video at the moment, but if I recall it correctly (I think I have seen it before), then I think this woman is a mistyped 6. I did not relate to her, and neither do many 4s based on their comments, but that is not why. For one, she has incredibly nervous, unsure energy. Even if 4s feel nervous we rarely will read that way. The kind of vulnerability she has is more like a phobic 6 sp/so type. She reminds me more of my ISFJ 6 mom than myself....

Secondly, she uses a lot of stock phrases to describe herself. It is like she read a 4 description and is just parroting it - how she should feel as a 4.

I could be wrong about her type, but I don't think she exemplifies a 4.
    I agree, she doesn't really strike me as a 4. I don't feel qualified to type her as something else, though, but it does seem she's parroting. That said, anyone who's making a video describing why they are a certain type or talking about type is going to run that risk....

I don't really relate to her, but not sure if it's an mbti difference, instincts, something else...
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ