• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Video: ENFPs And Being Lazy

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
  • Video about ENFPs and their love of leisure

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh I kind of liked that video

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hah. watching this while i'm procrastinating at work. enfp success!

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Only freaks don't procrastinate at work.

Shit, I've got nothing done this week. :wizfreak:

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I do love my "working can wait" time though...:D

Hey--what?! Wait...whoa, [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] ..."being lazy"? :cry: The video said "love of leisure" right (I didn't watch it)?

cm81

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, she's going to make a fun old lady!

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Entertaining but, they are lazy.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ME AS HELL

this girl is the story of my life

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I actually got around to watching (half) the video (note to self: maybe post your two bit opinion only AFTER you've informed yourself on something, now there's a novel thought) and yes, wow, this is super accurate of the ENFPs I know.

For myself (the introverted counterpart), not so much. Yes, I love leisure time and yes, I want to be free enough to see where the day will take me ... but in the end, I do better with goals and structure. Much as I hate to admit it, much as I hate to give up on paths not explored, that state of paralysis where I don't know what I'm going to end up doing is not at all good for me because often I don't end up doing anything but procrastinate. My state of flow comes from being intensely, totally preoccupied with the one ... or even many things I actually am doing. Getting me to be interested enough to devote that kind of attention to those things is the real challenge.

I think, for ENFPs, leisure time is particularly valuable because it allows them to generate valuable ideas. I on the other hand generate my best ideas when I'm already in the middle of doing something or when I've at least made a start. While creativity can't be forced, it's not this running tap for me like it is for many of you guys, it requires a certain intensity of focus.

Side note: The subtitles/captions on this thing are hilarious. "acting updates regarding anything denial of the eve three hand at burger king." NO SIR, THAT'S NOT WHAT SHE SAID, WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO CHECK THAT HEARING AID FOR YOU.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Entertaining but, they are lazy.

I had to come back to say that I showed this to my ISTJ dad and he said "I've seen enough of this bullshit. Sounds like another excuse to be lazy."

:laugh:

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I had to come back to say that I showed this to my ISTJ dad and he said "I've seen enough of this bullshit. Sounds like another excuse to be lazy."

:laugh:

Sounds like my something my ESTJ mom would say. No, wait, actually she'd say something like "Yup yup yup, quit yapping and go do something useful for a change."

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sounds like my something my ESTJ mom would say. No, wait, actually she'd say something like "Yup yup yup, quit yapping and go do something useful for a change."

STJs - gotta love their directness. :wubbie: haha

It's probably thanks to my ENFJ mom and ISTJ dad having such strong judging preferences that I'm not a complete mess. People often talk about ENFPs having a whirlwind of a room, but usually when my friends come into my room they say things like "you're so organized" or "how do you keep it this clean?" It's honestly because my parents never taught me anything else.

I also have no doubt that they kind of shot themselves in the foot. It was probably their ideal to have a child who was independent but also more of a go-getter and organizer. But laying everything out for me allowed me to just live freely and happily without having a care in the world. But in hindsight, I'm sure now that they wouldn't have it any other way. :)

My dad and I actually share a lot of viewpoints and both value directness as well. I think my family dynamic was really negative while I was living there, but now that I'm gone and everyone is less stressed I actually feel more like a family when I'm with them now.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
STJs - gotta love their directness. :wubbie: haha

It's probably thanks to my ENFJ mom and ISTJ dad having such strong judging preferences that I'm not a complete mess. People often talk about ENFPs having a whirlwind of a room, but usually when my friends come into my room they say things like "you're so organized" or "how do you keep it this clean?" It's honestly because my parents never taught me anything else.

I also have no doubt that they kind of shot themselves in the foot. It was probably their ideal to have a child who was independent but also more of a go-getter and organizer. But laying everything out for me allowed me to just live freely and happily without having a care in the world. But in hindsight, I'm sure now that they wouldn't have it any other way. :)

My dad and I actually share a lot of viewpoints and both value directness as well. I think my family dynamic was really negative while I was living there, but now that I'm gone and everyone is less stressed I actually feel more like a family when I'm with them now.

I feel the same way about a lot of the points you mentioned I was brought up by an ESTJ single mom, whose basic minimum priority was to raise a.) a competent adult and b.) a decent human being. I'd hope that she's succeeded on both counts and I think she has.

I'm still messier and far less organized than her, I don't manage my space and time as efficiently and neatly as she does but I look around me and realize that I'm still doing better than average thanks to the habits that were relentlessly thrust on me as a child, and that were hashed and rehashed in periodic noisy, tearful scenes through my early years because I (obviously) did not take to them naturally. Add to that the fact that we are both big personalities in different ways, strongly opinionated, easily offended and easily hurt ... and yeah. What eventually helped is that we do have basic, quiet underlying similarities and principles and bring value to each other's lives in our mutual areas of deficiency, so we are actually very good friends and I love that. Going away to college helped A LOT with that.

I do know my mom does think I am a bit of an underachiever and frets that I am "wasting my potential" (tertiary Ne hates waste of potential and worries a lot about this!!) It's true, it's not important to me to constantly achieve in conventional ways, and when I do, it's always nice to see how surprised people are by it. IDK. I do like defying expectations occasionally, just to keep them on their toes, particularly when they least expect it. Really though, I just want space to be myself.

Last edited:

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I feel the same way about a lot of the points you mentioned I was brought up by an ESTJ single mom, whose basic minimum priority was to raise a.) a competent adult and b.) a decent human being. I'd hope that she's succeeded on both counts and I think she has.

I'm still messier and far less organized than her, I don't manage my space and time as efficiently and neatly as she does but I look around me and realize that I'm still doing better than average thanks to the habits that were relentlessly thrust on me as a child, and that were hashed and rehashed in periodic noisy, tearful scenes through my early years because I (obviously) did not take to them naturally. Add to that the fact that we are both big personalities in different ways, strongly opinionated, easily offended and easily hurt ... and yeah. What eventually helped is that we do have basic, quiet underlying similarities and principles and bring value to each other's lives in our mutual areas of deficiency, so we are actually very good friends and I love that. Going away to college helped A LOT with that.

I do know my mom does think I am a bit of an underachiever and frets that I am "wasting my potential" (tertiary Ne hates waste of potential and worries a lot bout this!!) It's true, it's not important to me to constantly achieve in conventional ways, and when I do, it's always nice to see how surprised people are by it. IDK. I do like defying expectations occasionally, just to keep them on their toes, particularly when they least expect it. Really though, I just want space to be myself.

Maybe that is why there are so many issues with my inner world.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What do you mean?

Endless bite and twist, push and pull…
I strongly believe that even if everything in the outer world was fine, my inner emotional state would be highly unstable.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Endless bite and twist, push and pull…
I strongly believe that even if everything in the outer world was fine, my inner emotional state would be highly unstable.

I was just wondering what it was about my post that prompted your response.

I do think that's a valuable realization for a lot of people to have. Improving external circumstances to make them fit just "right" isn't necessarily going to make them feel contented. The feeling of something always being wrong is so internal and ingrained, sometimes. It's easy to overcompensate in the other direction though and accept that everything is all right and is going to work out just fine when it's just an easy way to avoid confronting genuine issues.

I still don't know how we got here, lol.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I'm disorganised and lazy inside & out.

But then again I'm not an ENFP.