User Tag List

First 1234 Last

So I actually got around to watching (half) the video (note to self: maybe post your two bit opinion only AFTER you've informed yourself on something, now there's a novel thought) and yes, wow, this is super accurate of the ENFPs I know.

For myself (the introverted counterpart), not so much. Yes, I love leisure time and yes, I want to be free enough to see where the day will take me ... but in the end, I do better with goals and structure. Much as I hate to admit it, much as I hate to give up on paths not explored, that state of paralysis where I don't know what I'm going to end up doing is not at all good for me because often I don't end up doing anything but procrastinate. My state of flow comes from being intensely, totally preoccupied with the one ... or even many things I actually am doing. Getting me to be interested enough to devote that kind of attention to those things is the real challenge.

I think, for ENFPs, leisure time is particularly valuable because it allows them to generate valuable ideas. I on the other hand generate my best ideas when I'm already in the middle of doing something or when I've at least made a start. While creativity can't be forced, it's not this running tap for me like it is for many of you guys, it requires a certain intensity of focus.

Side note: The subtitles/captions on this thing are hilarious. "acting updates regarding anything denial of the eve three hand at burger king." NO SIR, THAT'S NOT WHAT SHE SAID, WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO CHECK THAT HEARING AID FOR YOU.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Entertaining but, they are lazy.
    I had to come back to say that I showed this to my ISTJ dad and he said "I've seen enough of this bullshit. Sounds like another excuse to be lazy."

7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I had to come back to say that I showed this to my ISTJ dad and he said "I've seen enough of this bullshit. Sounds like another excuse to be lazy."

Sounds like my something my ESTJ mom would say. No, wait, actually she'd say something like "Yup yup yup, quit yapping and go do something useful for a change."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Sounds like my something my ESTJ mom would say. No, wait, actually she'd say something like "Yup yup yup, quit yapping and go do something useful for a change."
    STJs - gotta love their directness. haha

It's probably thanks to my ENFJ mom and ISTJ dad having such strong judging preferences that I'm not a complete mess. People often talk about ENFPs having a whirlwind of a room, but usually when my friends come into my room they say things like "you're so organized" or "how do you keep it this clean?" It's honestly because my parents never taught me anything else.

I also have no doubt that they kind of shot themselves in the foot. It was probably their ideal to have a child who was independent but also more of a go-getter and organizer. But laying everything out for me allowed me to just live freely and happily without having a care in the world. But in hindsight, I'm sure now that they wouldn't have it any other way.

My dad and I actually share a lot of viewpoints and both value directness as well. I think my family dynamic was really negative while I was living there, but now that I'm gone and everyone is less stressed I actually feel more like a family when I'm with them now.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Likes senza tema, The Wailing Specter liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    STJs - gotta love their directness. haha

It's probably thanks to my ENFJ mom and ISTJ dad having such strong judging preferences that I'm not a complete mess. People often talk about ENFPs having a whirlwind of a room, but usually when my friends come into my room they say things like "you're so organized" or "how do you keep it this clean?" It's honestly because my parents never taught me anything else.

I also have no doubt that they kind of shot themselves in the foot. It was probably their ideal to have a child who was independent but also more of a go-getter and organizer. But laying everything out for me allowed me to just live freely and happily without having a care in the world. But in hindsight, I'm sure now that they wouldn't have it any other way.

My dad and I actually share a lot of viewpoints and both value directness as well. I think my family dynamic was really negative while I was living there, but now that I'm gone and everyone is less stressed I actually feel more like a family when I'm with them now.
    I feel the same way about a lot of the points you mentioned I was brought up by an ESTJ single mom, whose basic minimum priority was to raise a.) a competent adult and b.) a decent human being. I'd hope that she's succeeded on both counts and I think she has.

I'm still messier and far less organized than her, I don't manage my space and time as efficiently and neatly as she does but I look around me and realize that I'm still doing better than average thanks to the habits that were relentlessly thrust on me as a child, and that were hashed and rehashed in periodic noisy, tearful scenes through my early years because I (obviously) did not take to them naturally. Add to that the fact that we are both big personalities in different ways, strongly opinionated, easily offended and easily hurt ... and yeah. What eventually helped is that we do have basic, quiet underlying similarities and principles and bring value to each other's lives in our mutual areas of deficiency, so we are actually very good friends and I love that. Going away to college helped A LOT with that.

I do know my mom does think I am a bit of an underachiever and frets that I am "wasting my potential" (tertiary Ne hates waste of potential and worries a lot about this!!) It's true, it's not important to me to constantly achieve in conventional ways, and when I do, it's always nice to see how surprised people are by it. IDK. I do like defying expectations occasionally, just to keep them on their toes, particularly when they least expect it. Really though, I just want space to be myself.
    Last edited by senza tema; 11-14-2014 at 08:53 PM.
    Likes Chanaynay, The Wailing Specter liked this post

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

I feel the same way about a lot of the points you mentioned I was brought up by an ESTJ single mom, whose basic minimum priority was to raise a.) a competent adult and b.) a decent human being. I'd hope that she's succeeded on both counts and I think she has.

I'm still messier and far less organized than her, I don't manage my space and time as efficiently and neatly as she does but I look around me and realize that I'm still doing better than average thanks to the habits that were relentlessly thrust on me as a child, and that were hashed and rehashed in periodic noisy, tearful scenes through my early years because I (obviously) did not take to them naturally. Add to that the fact that we are both big personalities in different ways, strongly opinionated, easily offended and easily hurt ... and yeah. What eventually helped is that we do have basic, quiet underlying similarities and principles and bring value to each other's lives in our mutual areas of deficiency, so we are actually very good friends and I love that. Going away to college helped A LOT with that.

I do know my mom does think I am a bit of an underachiever and frets that I am "wasting my potential" (tertiary Ne hates waste of potential and worries a lot bout this!!) It's true, it's not important to me to constantly achieve in conventional ways, and when I do, it's always nice to see how surprised people are by it. IDK. I do like defying expectations occasionally, just to keep them on their toes, particularly when they least expect it. Really though, I just want space to be myself.
    Maybe that is why there are so many issues with my inner world.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    Maybe that is why there are so many issues with my inner world.
    What do you mean?

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

What do you mean?
    Endless bite and twist, push and pull…
    I strongly believe that even if everything in the outer world was fine, my inner emotional state would be highly unstable.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    Endless bite and twist, push and pull…
    I strongly believe that even if everything in the outer world was fine, my inner emotional state would be highly unstable.
    I was just wondering what it was about my post that prompted your response.

I do think that's a valuable realization for a lot of people to have. Improving external circumstances to make them fit just "right" isn't necessarily going to make them feel contented. The feeling of something always being wrong is so internal and ingrained, sometimes. It's easy to overcompensate in the other direction though and accept that everything is all right and is going to work out just fine when it's just an easy way to avoid confronting genuine issues.

I still don't know how we got here, lol.
    Likes corpseparty, The Wailing Specter liked this post

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I'm disorganised and lazy inside & out.

But then again I'm not an ENFP.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.
    Likes senza tema liked this post