User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

^ ENFPs mistake themselves for introverts in the layman's sense all the time. Lots of people are shy and sensitive as teenagers.
    The part that is not bolded is more telling - he wanted to "protect the others". Championing again, parenting with Fi. INFPs parent with Ne.

I wouldn't disagree that he could be an ambivert in terms of the general idea of I/E, but I think he has more of a Ne ego than a Fi ego. It's not merely a matter of being outgoing nor expressing , but the role of the function in the psychology of the person (yes I'm referring to the Beebe model, but almost all MBTI models which build on Jung note these dynamics, whatever they happen to call it). The parent function is one we not only teach with but "preach" as a solution to others, which is why INFPs are more annoyed by people who won't see alternative viewpoints and ENFPs by people whom they see as bullies or oppressing individuals. This is kind of a projection of what brings a balance to our own ego (the auxiliary is a complementary force & is experienced as very positive).

Yes, each type can show some of both traits, but what is the person characterized by? I see this guy characterized more by Ne with parenting Fi.

Also can anyone think of one famous INFP male he even remotely compares to in his demeanor or expression? I cannot...

Robin Williams is not a great example of a balanced ENFP either. What are some other male ENFPs?
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Quote Originally Posted by reckful View Post
    I wasn't replying to you. I was responding to lulabelle's assertion that Garfield was "too consistently energetic and animated to be an INFP."

As long as you're back, though...

What do you make of Garfield's characterization of himself as "shy" and "introverted" in that People article?

Repeated for ease of reference:

I am an Ne dom...that everyone considered introverted growing up...and I come from a family of personality theorists. My Mom used to introduce me as one of her "introverted children" and my INFJ sister as one of her "extroverted."

edit: this was merely informational and I don't expect a response. If you do respond however please don't use
    Likes chickpea liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    If you do respond however please don't use
    Which one of your functions would you say is attempting to crimp my Fi authenticity?

PS: I wanted to add a you-know-what at the end of that question, but I refrained, just for you.

Quote Originally Posted by reckful View Post
    Which one of your functions would you say is attempting to crimp my Fi authenticity?

PS: I wanted to add a you-know-what at the end of that question, but I refrained, just for you.
    haha. I was requesting accommodation. I honestly believed at the time that my creeped-outness of that emoticon surpassed your need to express yourself using it.

Oh whoops and thank you reckful

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I take (almost) everything back. I think he may be Fe-dom, which blows that video to bits as it should be blown. NF associated ideals are so trendy that a lot of stuff he says is spouted by many non-NFs nowadays (MBTI paints SJs as stuck in the 1950s or something). ENFJ is plausible, although ENFP is still on the table. Extroversion is the most obvious thing about him to me.

The main thing is that the video is stupid and wrong.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

^ I realize Fe is one of your shadow functions, but Starry would appreciate it if you'd refrain from posting smileys with tongues.
    Likes Starry liked this post

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I certainly wasn't trying to oversimplify or dismiss what you're saying, OA. I only meant to offer an alternative reading for the same traits. I'm not sure what I his type is. I'd probably have to rewatch the video to get a stronger sense of him, which I can't for a few days until my internet account switches on to the next month.

I think NFPs (if he is one) can be so tricky to distinguish unless they're extreme introverts or extreme extroverts.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I feel like the video is wrong as well but I've no interest in dissecting it. I'll just lean on the old chestnut, "Behaviour does not predicate type."
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
    Likes Studmuffin23 liked this post