User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default TED Talk By INFP MBTI Expert - The joys and pain of growing up different

This is kind of inspiring and good.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

so much Fi. everything is a self comparison
    PS: he's 52? can't say I'd date him, but I'll be very happy if I look that good at his age
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Before I comment on the video, I'd like to confess, I can relate to all his early experiences. Being bullied, dealing with a death of a loved one, heavy admiration for my early mentors, and playing in a band *cough* (in hindsight, playing in a band seems to be much more embarrassing than the former), all except for the gay part.

In all honesty, it didn't seem to inspire me much. Perhaps because it's nothing new to me, or due to his seemingly improvised execution (his performance didn't seem fully planned out, which isn't necessarily always a bad thing). Although, I do admire him for having the courage to come up stage and be open about his true-self under a tough audience that seemed to be oblivious when to applause to his jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    so much Fi. everything is a self comparison
    Is this before or after your recent INFP transformation?
    “If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.” -anonymous

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Eluded_One View Post
    a tough audience that seemed to be oblivious when to applause to his jokes.
    They always seem to be in TED talks. Quite rude imo.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Talk about a tough audience--it wasn't the TED Audience, it's you guys. There was laughter at his jokes, but the mics weren't on the audience, so it's barely noticeable. Also, he's under a time constraint, so he doesn't pause to let the audience reaction have time to build up.

I loved his talk. I didn't feel as different growing up as he says he felt, but I can relate to much of what he says. One thing that struck me was him saying that the extraverts in his life told him to DO things. It actually is good advice, even for introverts, but it is sometimes difficult to find the energy to maintain.

Another thing I could relate to is that I also had a 6th grade teacher who took me under her wing. She was retired by the time I was in 6th grade, but most of my older siblings had been in her class. She used to have me over to her house to bake cookies, starting when I was probably no more than 5 or 6. She would make little sticker books for me, or just little books with positive messages. I still have at least one of them that I saved. We also had a lifelong friendship, though I don't think I ever told her that I loved her. I wish I had.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    Talk about a tough audience--it wasn't the TED Audience, it's you guys.
    I'll try to be a better audience next time by applauding to my computer screen
    “If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.” -anonymous

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Is this before or after your recent INFP transformation?
    it wouldn't be relevant, because both have Fi, but honestly, I'm mostly trying on INFP at the moment
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

it wouldn't be relevant, because both have Fi, but honestly, I'm mostly trying on INFP at the moment
    IMO, the cognitive priority is as different as night and day. I have more in common with ISFP's than do ENFP's.

An introvert will primarily have their focus inward. If any focus is beyond that, the game has changed.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

IMO, the cognitive priority is as different as night and day. I have more in common with ISFP's than do ENFP's.
    they use all the same functions, they're not going to be that different. I relate far more to both INFP and ENFP than I do ISFP or ESFP. when both of the top functions are strong, they look very similar.

also, you are typed as INFx, so if you were INFJ, it would make a lot of sense that you would relate more to ISFP than ENFP because, apart from being introverted, INFJ shares more functions with ISFP than ENFP

An introvert will primarily have their focus inward. If any focus is beyond that, the game has changed.
    ENFPs are a very inward focused type as well and many will kill for their deeply held convictions (seriously, I hate how they're all painted as spineless butterfly chasing puppies who wouldn't hurt a soul. that's the 9s fixed ENFPs, not the 1 fixed or 8 fixed ENFPs)
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

they use all the same functions, they're not going to be that different. I relate far more to both INFP and ENFP than I do ISFP or ESFP. when both of the top functions are strong, they look very similar.
    I suppose that is a matter of isolated references for both you and I. Our test results are obviously different, albeit, your I/E is weaker than the rest of your scores, as my N/S and F/T is weaker than my scores.

also, you are typed as INFx, so if you were INFJ, it would make a lot of sense that you would relate more to ISFP than ENFP because, apart from being introverted, INFJ shares more functions with ISFP than ENFP
    INFx is my socionics type... that's what their test gave me. I should delete it since I don't follow that brand of JCF that much. The J/P dichotomy is a different animal altogether in the socionics system. As far as I know, most INFP's will score INFj in their system.

ENFPs are a very inward focused type as well and many will kill for their deeply held convictions (seriously, I hate how they're all painted as spineless butterfly chasing puppies who wouldn't hurt a soul. that's the 9s fixed ENFPs, not the 1 fixed or 8 fixed ENFPs)
    I wasn't speaking in terms of depth. I wouldn't doubt many ENFP's are deeper than me in many areas. If you spend most of your time focusing on what is in your immediate environment, it doesn't correlate to that individual having more or less values than the next person. I'm also not a big fan of stereotypes. Although, it is a human trait to speculate on recurring patterns. The human need to protect themselves from potential "unknowns" outweigh rational judgement.