Thread: INFJ Musicians

an abyss of Nothingness Arctic Hysteria's Avatar
    MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

@atlascatcher, I'm a big fan of Ólafur Arnalds.
    | | | If it is god who makes man, this is the devil finishing touches | | |

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Hysteria View Post
    @<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/20691.html" target="_blank">atlascatcher</a>, I'm a big fan of Ólafur Arnalds.
    I found this recently
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.
    Likes Arctic Hysteria liked this post

MBTI
    NiFe
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Hysteria View Post
    @atlascatcher, I'm a big fan of Ólafur Arnalds.
    I haven't heard a ton of his music but I like what I've heard so far! A friend suggested to me he was an INFJ 5w4 and after watching a couple interviews I agreed so I thought to include him here.
    [ 4(69) "The Seeker"; IEI-2Ni (INFp) ]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ExNinjaTropPervertie View Post
    I have never crossed a cold INFJ They can seem unreachable, fragile... but their insight on their deep feelings is a real strength.
    It seems that INTJ and INFJ have the same demeanour when talking of a subject they like. However, their look is so very different. I know some INFJ artists much more than INTJ (most of them enjoy research and are not fond of art). Once INFJ can master their feelings, they are often great. I have a very good example around me...
    yeah, i didn't phrase it well. what i mean is that INTJs can come across cold and hard but clearly soft and fragile underneath, and INFJs are more complicated just from what you see right in front of you: they're guarded yet warm, super accomodating yet discerning. i don't see that INFJness in trent. he is such an INTJ

Senior Member RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by lulabelle View Post
    yeah, i didn't phrase it well. what i mean is that INTJs can come across cold and hard but clearly soft and fragile underneath, and INFJs are more complicated just from what you see right in front of you: they're guarded yet warm, super accomodating yet discerning. i don't see that INFJness in trent. he is such an INTJ
    Look at his eyes. Listen to the words he uses. To me he is not an INTJ. But Yes...I understand very well what you mean now
    INTJ don't look super accommodating to what I know from them...
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

What do you guys think of Kevin Shields from MBV? INFJ, INTP or INFP?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

I would say there are not many chances for him to be INFP. Where is Fi ? No melancholy.

To me he sounds like an INTP. He explains his internal world with many controlled gestures.

He get enthusiastic when speaking of his own discoveries.

It is said INTP build their own internal logic in a spatial way.

I can't imagine him being INFJ. INFJ sounds much more focus on symbolism than technical details (Ni).

I don't know if I'm right but it seems INFJ trust more their instinct 1st, then their ideas.

INTP sounds to me pretty much "mental".

I don't know if it is true for all INTP/INFJ artists : INFJ exudes dark shadows. I don't feel that with who I think is an INTP.

This "try to guess his/her type" game is very interesting but too much subtle to be right, for us, amateur observers...

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by lulabelle View Post
    trent reznor reminds me of every INTJ i've ever known. the pain is so pure, so fi. i was just listening to his song where it goes 'there is no you, there is only me.' it reminded me of how every Fi user kinda contains their own universe inside of them, and it's kind of aligned with buddhist philosophy of the self being the only thing that exists and also how it doesn't exist at all.

he has a VERY INTJ demeanor... INFJs just have such a different feeling about them. he is too hard and fragile at the same time. INFJs don't come off cold in quite the same way.
    Not sure how I feel about typing someone from their lyrics, but I agree about INTJ. Not because of "pure" Fi, but because of clearly non-dominant Fi and stronger Te, in his interviews. He vibes like every INTJ I know, as well, and when he acts like an asshole (i.e. frequently), he acts like an asshole in a totally non-INFJ way. For example: when I saw him live, the first time he spoke to the audience was right before the last song of the show, asking if we had requests. Then he waited a minute or two for someone to request the song HE wanted to play -- ignoring everyone else's requests -- and made some self-satisfied comment in the affirmative, and then started playing.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Not sure how I feel about typing someone from their lyrics, but I agree about INTJ. Not because of "pure" Fi, but because of clearly non-dominant Fi and stronger Te, in his interviews. He vibes like every INTJ I know, as well, and when he acts like an asshole (i.e. frequently), he acts like an asshole in a totally non-INFJ way. For example: when I saw him live, the first time he spoke to the audience was right before the last song of the show, asking if we had requests. Then he waited a minute or two for someone to request the song HE wanted to play -- ignoring everyone else's requests -- and made some self-satisfied comment in the affirmative, and then started playing.
    I only saw him in some videos. All I can do is trying to compare him to my own experiences due to MBTI knowledge + comparing his speech/behaviours to my past/actual surrounding.
    If you saw him in a LIVE concert and could feel his vibes, that is for sure quite different...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ExNinjaTropPervertie View Post
    Look at his eyes. Listen to the words he uses. To me he is not an INTJ. But Yes...I understand very well what you mean now
    INTJ don't look super accommodating to what I know from them...
    his eyes are INTJ. he has that hard exterior and Fi vulnerability underneath. he doesn't aim to please in the least.