User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ROBO

Default The MBTI is a Joke

The MBTI is a joke Preface

Find out more about Psyche-type at: Object moved Despite Jung's brilliant research from many years of clinical observation resulting in his "Psychological Types" - and the...
    Views:0
    0ratings
    Time:07:26 More inEducation

Last edited by highlander; 07-04-2014 at 12:26 PM.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

This video is pretty interesting. He says Jung's cognitive functions are a masterpiece. He craps on Kiersey, the MBTI establishment, Socionics, and Enneagram. He says most MBTI practitioners are not well informed.

He's so arrogant though.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

Oh this guy again. He's kind of a tool, although he's probably right in this case.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Is this supposed to be news?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    This video is pretty interesting. He says Jung's cognitive functions are a masterpiece. He craps on Kiersey, the MBTI establishment, Socionics, and Enneagram. He says most MBTI practitioners are not well informed.

He's so arrogant though.
    people who are right surrounded by people who are so wrong tend to be arrogant.
    i haven't watched the video yet, but if it contains all the things you're saying it does, then he's right, if arrogant.

mbti is a piece of shit
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    LII

One of the problems of MBTI is that it looks so easy - AT FIRST. It's so easy to think to oneself: "Oh I can do that". What I can say about myself is that the more I get to know about it the less I understand it. I will NEVER consider myself as understanding it until I can match up any human activity with one or more cognitive functions. I know I can't unequivocally do that. I don't mind admitting it. And even when I can do that something else will turn up to kick my complacency in the guts. That's the problem with any academic discipline which appears easy. You simply don't know what you don't know. You don't even know the questions to ask let alone give yourself the right answers. That's basically what the person on the video was saying.
    Cognitive functions:
    Fi (95%); Ti (90%); Ne (75%); Fe (60%); Ni (50%); Si (50%); Te (15%); Se (5%)

"INFP values but INTP skills" describes me best of all
    Likes Glint liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Jung happens to be his secondary influence to this guy:

“If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.” -anonymous

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

He says that he seeks to highlight some of the problems with MBTI, but the video boils down to 7 1/2 minutes of "C'mon, guys. C'mon. MBTI sucks." with "also, so do a lot of other assessments" and "pay us instead" tacked on.

So the only apparent problem that he identifies is that it sucks. He could've gone into why it sucks--breaking down that suckitude into components--but doesn't.

Whether MBTI sucks or not, the video's a joke. It's far from illuminating, much less convincing.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    9W1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

While much of it is respectable, and logical, there are several grave fallacies which the argument uses as foundation.
    Firstly, one of the earliest proofs of it's failures is the unbased assumption that test givers are untrained. A bold statement.
    Following this very quickly, he states that people who take the test and "do not understand their types" are proof it is false. This is actually called personal incredulity; the idea that if you don't understand something, it is false. This is a well known logical fallacy.

Now, while this isn't proof he is wrong, I want to note that much of what he said was without factual support, and basically a matter of opinion, such as when he stated that the system had fat cat syndrome, and was really just Jungian functions. There was little he did to support his statements, which is to some degree the focus of an educational video. Whether he was right or wrong, it is to be expected that he give a why just as much as a what.

Honestly, I like live and let live, but what torqued me here was the attacks at the people -kiersey, briggs, etc. -when he should be discussing their works. It just seemed pointed and rude at times, and I hate it when a professional project ends up like that. It's not okay.

MBTI
    ENTP

Very interesting, @Article Poster.