• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Myers Briggs Types Short Descriptions

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ESTJ description said:
ESTJ stands for Extroverted Sensing Thinking Judging. Individuals with this personality type are realistic, practical, organized, hard-working, conventional, responsible, outgoing and assertive. They are very rational people who trust and follow clear logical principles and tend to approach every situation in an objective and impartial manner. Highly realistic and driven, their energy is often invested in pursuits that have a practical application and a tangible result. Their stable, industrious personality is based on a deep-seated sense of duty towards the social system they are a part of and the established rules attached to it. Although earnest, loyal and respectful to their society, ESTJs are also strong, decisive people, who can lead and organize others confidently. As a result, they can sometimes be perceived as quite rigid, tactless and domineering by those around them.
Never been a fan of ESTJ descriptions' use of the word "domineering", probably because that's usually the only part of the description that doesn't apply to me.

Besides that, OMG the bolded. For once, a type description gets it right: the "system" that an ESTJ is loyal to can be any system they choose. Can be the establishment, can be the counterculture, can be just about anything.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Also, relating to other descriptions in there: I'd be okay with the word "complex" being removed from just about every description ever.

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
Also, relating to other descriptions in there: I'd be okay with the word "complex" being removed from just about every description ever.

and "insightful." :rolleyes:

yeghor

INFP stands for Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving. People who have this personality type are generally reserved, tolerant, idealistic, sympathetic, insightful, romantic, natural and unplanned. They are avidly searching for the inner beauty of nature and people, the harmonious balance of life and the true value of everything around them. Intensely imaginative, intuitive and open-minded, they easily perceive the human potential that's hidden behind appearances and become inspired by it. INFPs are empathetic listeners, genuinely interested in what other people have to say, but at the same time their need for privacy and introspection can make them retreat from social contact in order to process their feelings undisturbed. This emotional sensitivity can sometimes make them appear as unsociable, moody and illogical.

INFJ stands for Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging. This personality type is generally very private, empathetic, wise, thoughtful, profound, romantic and complex. They have rich inner worlds, fostered by their wide imagination, which reflect their love for abstract symbols and spiritual meaning. Their insightful understanding of the human nature makes them talented at exploring and capturing the subtle emotional truths of the human experience (often through beautiful artistic creations). INFJs are sympathetic, humanitarian individuals, who strive for harmony, cooperation and unity among people, yet their reserved, introspective nature eventually urges them to seek privacy in order to sort out their feelings and ideas. Although wise and insightful, their emotional complexity can sometimes make them appear as overly sensitive, moody and strange.

The two descriptions are quite vague and similar in wording. They don't offer distinction and clarification.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Never been a fan of ESTJ descriptions' use of the word "domineering", probably because that's usually the only part of the description that doesn't apply to me.

Besides that, OMG the bolded. For once, a type description gets it right: the "system" that an ESTJ is loyal to can be any system they choose. Can be the establishment, can be the counterculture, can be just about anything.

They probably weren't written by ESTJs.

Have you considered writing an ESTJ description?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Yeah, I think humans are complex beings in general.

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here comes the stereotypes again. I don't get this whole retreating thing to re-gather or recharge for introverts. It's like introverts are made out of cell phone battery or something. Many people are starting to believe this silly theory to make attempt on affirming and emulating the "type they desire to be".

If I ask for space, it's not because I'm suffocating or needing my introverted room to reflect, it's usually due from getting pissed off by the offender.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
They probably weren't written by ESTJs.

Have you considered writing an ESTJ description?
Yeah definitely. I kind of wrote one in video form, a while back. I'll add something if TypeC ever does a wiki. :)
Yeah, I think humans are complex beings in general.
Exactly! That's how I like to see it too.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here comes the stereotypes again. I don't get this whole retreating thing to re-gather or recharge for introverts. It's like introverts are made out of cell phone battery or something. Many people are starting to believe this silly theory to make attempt on affirming and emulating the "type they desire to be".

If I ask for space, it's not because I'm suffocating or needing my introverted room to reflect, it's usually due from getting pissed off by the offender.

Yes, that whole "introverts get energy from being alone, extraverts from being around people" is such BS

I need alone time to an extent, but there comes a point when that drains me and I need to be out amongst people to be stimulated.

L

LadyLazarus

ISFP stands for Introverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving. People with this personality type are known for being gentle, compassionate, uncomplicated, spontaneous, natural, peaceful and modest. They highly value their personal freedom and need plenty of private time and space, in which to follow their calling, very often represented by nature and artistic activities. Kind, generous and sensitive, ISFPs often have a developed emotional intelligence and are gifted at correctly reading the body language and unexpressed feelings of those around them. Their warm and empathetic nature, as well as their need for harmony and serenity, will drive them to help those in need or in suffering, usually in concrete and tangible ways. Despite their childlike joy and playfulness, they can be regarded by some as hesitant, soft and naive.

:laugh: Wow this is so far off.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like this one! The ENFP fits well for me :)

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
ESFJ stands for Extroverted Sensing Feeling Judging. People with this personality type are kind, polite, helpful, altruistic, affectionate, traditional and friendly. They need to feel that they're a useful and appreciated part of their community; therefore they will embrace and champion the social conventions and traditions that exist in their society. Orderly, neat and well-behaved, they are always careful to appropriately fulfill their social role, as dictated by the nature of the relationships involved. ESFJs are often pleasant, gracious, sympathetic people, who love to help others in practical and tangible ways, making sure everyone is fitting in and relationships are peaceful and harmonious within their family or group. Their acute need for praise and gratitude, however, may occasionally cause others to see them as clingy, manipulative and pushy.

Meh, I suppose. Not a huge fan of this part though. It kind of makes me sound like a 50's housewife robot.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Meh, I suppose. Not a huge fan of this part though. It kind of makes me sound like a 50's housewife robot.

The problem with such a type description is that it fails to acknowledge that there could be many different social conventions and traditions which might exist in a society, particularly in industrialized, first world nations.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

The problem with such a type description is that it fails to acknowledge that there could be many different social conventions and traditions which might exist in a society, particularly in industrialized, first world nations.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I didn't get that exact vibe from it, but some of the word choice felt kind of condescending. Like how you'd describe a "good child". So orderly and well-behaved!

Last edited:
N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

INTJ stands for Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging. This personality type is withdrawn, intellectual, reflective, unconventional, abstract, insightful and methodical. These people are typically hard to read and tend to come across as dispassionate, unemotional, quirky, yet very self-controlled. Their most treasured pursuit is the one for knowledge, for the fundamental truth behind appearances and INTJs have a natural flair for seeking, discerning and understanding the very essence of things. While on the outside, they often appear to be logical, cautious, rational and skeptical individuals, their inner life of the mind is rich beyond belief with symbols, meaning and innovative visions of the future. Although often brilliant and ahead of their time, they are sometimes perceived by their peers as being rather strange, arrogant and distant.

/10

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
INTJ stands for Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging. This personality type is withdrawn, intellectual, reflective, unconventional, abstract, insightful and methodical. These people are typically hard to read and tend to come across as dispassionate, unemotional, quirky, yet very self-controlled. Their most treasured pursuit is the one for knowledge, for the fundamental truth behind appearances and INTJs have a natural flair for seeking, discerning and understanding the very essence of things. While on the outside, they often appear to be logical, cautious, rational and skeptical individuals, their inner life of the mind is rich beyond belief with symbols, meaning and innovative visions of the future. Although often brilliant and ahead of their time, they are sometimes perceived by their peers as being rather strange, arrogant and distant.

/10

0 or 10?

I really like this explanation. I think most focus too much on systematization and too little on abstract essentialism.

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

This particular description does say perceived as domineering, which is different than saying they are domineering.