• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Myers Briggs Types Short Descriptions

Elocute

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I hate being called arrogant. It's really annoying. If you have researched an idea sufficiently, there shouldn't really be a reason to hide it if the situation arises. :mad:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here comes the stereotypes again. I don't get this whole retreating thing to re-gather or recharge for introverts. It's like introverts are made out of cell phone battery or something. Many people are starting to believe this silly theory to make attempt on affirming and emulating the "type they desire to be".

If I ask for space, it's not because I'm suffocating or needing my introverted room to reflect, it's usually due from getting pissed off by the offender.
I won't comment on the recharging terminology, but I can attest to the fact that I just cannot take prolonged social contact, even when I enjoy it. If I spend most of the day with friends doing something fun, I prefer to have the next day "off", or with a good chunk of alone time. When I am staying with relatives or having houseguests at my place, I have to find time now and then to do something solitary, even if it is staying up after everyone else has gone to bed to read a book. When I attend a conference for several days in a row, I am just worn out when I get home, especially if I also spent evenings having dinner with colleagues, even though I probably enjoyed every minute. Being among lots of people even when I don't really have to interact much is tiring - as in spending the day in planes and airports while travelling, or being out shopping in crowded stores/malls.

Conversely, I have yet to be alone long enough to become truly restless for company. I am curious now how long that would take.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Conversely, I have yet to be alone long enough to become truly restless for company. I am curious now how long that would take.
Never?? Wow.

Restless for company -- interesting. I only get restless for company if I know it's on the horizon. Otherwise, my reaction to being alone too long is to feel drained and lethargic. In contrast, when I need alone time I get quiet and irritable, losing patience instead of energy.