MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by OrderOfTheCaelifera View Post
    Maybe assertive would be a better term.
    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Agreed.
    So, would it be safe to say that we should all try to be more aware of our own biases and choose our descriptive words more mindfully?
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    So, would it be safe to say that we should all try to be more aware of our own biases and choose our descriptive words more mindfully?
    Yes definitely.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Maybe your getting pissed off isn't necessarily due to the individual in your space but rather a result of feeling overloaded.
    Let's say for instance, I hang out with a friend that's very talkative and extroverted for about 12 hours straight, listening to their problems and other various things that might be burdensome for some folks. This scenario has never stopped me from doing the same thing again the next day forth. However, if that same friend made some unwarranted personal attack, let's just say, if things won't get resolved in a certain amount of time, I won't be seeing him or her for quite some time until I can fully evaluate what went wrong. I'm not quite sure if I can say this is a recharge or discharge thing. I'm more inclined to call it, turning the other cheek.

Although, I never thought about the theory of discharging instead of recharging. That's quite insightful. (not being sarcastic)
    “If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.” -anonymous

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

I'm going to play devil's advocate and bring up that some people would argue that my statement was too Fe, too directive, and too constraining to their natural voice. And I can see how that's true, because Fe is my natural voice and being directive and diplomatic is what Fe does. Sometimes well; sometimes badly. Is there a way to bridge that gap between being mindful and being authentic? Or does the best we can do end up being a sort of tug-of-war between the two?

(Maybe I should have this split off into its own thread, since it's getting off-topic?)
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I'm going to play devil's advocate and bring up that some people would argue that my statement was too Fe, too directive, and too constraining to their natural voice. And I can see how that's true, because Fe is my natural voice and being directive and diplomatic is what Fe does. Sometimes well; sometimes badly. Is there a way to bridge that gap between being mindful and being authentic? Or does the best we can do end up being a sort of tug-of-war between the two?

(Maybe I should have this split off into its own thread, since it's getting off-topic?)
    Not to shut down your, or anyone else's, Feeling functions, but since we're talking about type descriptions, authenticity MUST take a backseat to accuracy. If your "natural voice" is going to lead a large group of people towards typism and stereotyping if you don't keep it a bit in check, then you are obligated -- IMO -- to keep it in check.

I know for a fact that I just sounded very directive, but at the same time, your personal voice, stylistically, should be able to coexist with factual accuracy. So this shouldn't be a problem for anyone who wants to write a type description.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Not to shut down your, or anyone else's, Feeling functions, but since we're talking about type descriptions, authenticity MUST take a backseat to accuracy. If your "natural voice" is going to lead a large group of people towards typism and stereotyping if you don't keep it a bit in check, then you are obligated -- IMO -- to keep it in check.

I know for a fact that I just sounded very directive, but at the same time, your personal voice, stylistically, should be able to coexist with factual accuracy. So this shouldn't be a problem for anyone who wants to write a type description.
    I started generalizing. Thanks for reminding me that this is about type descriptions. How much do you think that context matters, then (i.e., talking about type descriptions)? Or does it matter?
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I'm trying to better myself but nobody's perfect.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

I'm trying to better myself but nobody's perfect.
    I realize that nobody's perfect. I'm certainly not.

It seems that my question can be taken in different ways, though. It was directive and diplomatic in that I was hoping to get people thinking about the subject without imposing my own views too forcefully. I was trying to allow people to consider the question within their own framework and come to their own conclusions. But that ends up coming across as a very indirect way of getting everyone to "conform" to my views. Sometimes my natural voice sucks. But when I try to be more direct, then I really come across as forcing my views onto everyone. So, this is a learning process for me. What changes do I need to make--what changes am I capable of making--in order to communicate more effectively?
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Eluded_One View Post
    Let's say for instance, I hang out with a friend that's very talkative and extroverted for about 12 hours straight, listening to their problems and other various things that might be burdensome for some folks. This scenario has never stopped me from doing the same thing again the next day forth. However, if that same friend made some unwarranted personal attack, let's just say, if things won't get resolved in a certain amount of time, I won't be seeing him or her for quite some time until I can fully evaluate what went wrong. I'm not quite sure if I can say this is a recharge or discharge thing. I'm more inclined to call it, turning the other cheek.
    I couldn't do 12 hours of uninterrupted hanging out under those circumstances, my mind would fuzz out into an autopilot mode & I'd keep looking at the door for an exit.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluded_One View Post
    Although, I never thought about the theory of discharging instead of recharging.
    That's how I feel when I'm getting overloaded, as though there's too much intake & I need to process it or I'll begin feeling agitated. I don't imply that all introvert types are the same & it sounds as though you're (your type) more resilient to becoming overloaded. Maybe some types get drained & others get overloaded IDK.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    973 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

They only thing I don't really relate to about the ISFP description is having a great emotional intelligence and being able to help others in concrete and tangible ways
    MBTI: ISFP
    Enneagram tritype: 9w8, 7w6,4w3
    Cognitive functions: Fi-Si-Se-Ti-Ni-Ne-Te-Fe

http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/24/249715.png

Ask me questions
    http://www.ask.fm/lunareclipzes3

" I don't have the passion anymore, and so remember it's better to burn out than to fade away"
    - Kurt Cobain