MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post
    Wow this is so far off.
    I had an ISFP girlfriend for 3 years in college. The description fit her pretty well.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

LadyLazarus

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I had an ISFP girlfriend for 3 years in college. The description fit her pretty well.
    Maybe she was a different enneatype and/or ISFp in socionics? I think the social 9's and the SEI's may better fit this description.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post
    Maybe she was a different enneatype and/or ISFp in socionics? I think the social 9's and the SEI's may better fit this description.
    I think she was an Enneagram 6. Phobic variety. SP probably.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    This particular description does say perceived as domineering, which is different than saying they are domineering.
    Generally people don't perceive me as domineering, either. Unless I've had a bit to drink, in which case maybe.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

INTP stands for Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Perceiving. This personality type is known for being intellectual, abstract, logical, reserved, detached, random and skeptical. Such people are usually unconventional and highly theoretical, they like playing with ideas and coming up with ingenious thought systems and explanations for the events they observe, although they aren't too likely to share their discoveries, as they're quite socially withdrawn and secretive. INTPs are also objective, spontaneous, adaptable and highly independent; they often question authority, openly disregard social conventions and irrational customs and prefer to think for themselves, which can lead to an original, avant-garde vision of things, but also to being perceived as arrogant, cold and eccentric.

Most of this fits except for openly disregarding social conventions/irrational customs. I do this more silently and passively. My Fe wants the social harmony, I guess.

I'm not sure about others perceiving me as arrogant, cold, and eccentric either. I see myself as more humble and doubting. I'm rather quiet and reserved but that's different than being cold. I guess some could see me as cold because of the intense focus on logic but deep down I'm a warm person. Regarding eccentricity- I wouldn't say I'm all that eccentric- I'm more simply absent-minded or lost in thought much of the time.
    Last edited by Such Irony; 06-08-2014 at 03:37 PM.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Generally people don't perceive me as domineering, either. Unless I've had a bit to drink, in which case maybe.
    *runs to look at dictionary* Would you say that "decisive" is a word that would describe you (it was used in the description)? I wonder if some people perceive decisiveness as domineering? Or perhaps it comes back to that dictionary definition and some people are more literal than others? The author of the descriptions might unconsciously inject some personal bias into them, including word choice.
    Johari / Nohari

β€œThat we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    *runs to look at dictionary* Would you say that "decisive" is a word that would describe you (it was used in the description)? I wonder if some people perceive decisiveness as domineering? Or perhaps it comes back to that dictionary definition and some people are more literal than others? The author of the descriptions might unconsciously inject some personal bias into them, including word choice.
    I was actually talking to someone else on the forum about this. More specifically, how

- ESTJ descriptions lean on the side of describing ESTJ 8s
    - Fi/Ti usually sees Fe/Te as wayyy too pushy for their taste

So that may be where the bias comes from. First assumption makes a bit of sense because IIRC, 8 is a more common enneatype for ESTJs than 1 is.

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Eluded_One View Post
    Here comes the stereotypes again. I don't get this whole retreating thing to re-gather or recharge for introverts. It's like introverts are made out of cell phone battery or something.
    Speaking only for myself; I don't think of an introvert as needing to recharge due to being psychologically drained but rather requiring a level of inactivity to discharge some of the excess energy (environmental stimuli) & process sensory overload which caused the mental fatigue.
    Since extroverts gain energy from interacting with others, it's a reasonable assumption that their neurotransmitters aren't as active or finely tuned as those of introverts & maybe that's a contributing reason why extroverts don't suffer mental fatigue or sensory overstimulation as some introverts experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluded_One View Post
    If I ask for space, it's not because I'm suffocating or needing my introverted room to reflect, it's usually due from getting pissed off by the offender.
    I find that I need a few drinks to dull my mind during extended socializing or else sensory intake overload (over stimulation) builds to the point that I feel myself becoming noticeably agitated.
    Just a thought; maybe your getting pissed off isn't necessarily due to the individual in your space but rather a result of feeling overloaded.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Maybe assertive would be a better term.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by OrderOfTheCaelifera View Post
    Maybe assertive would be a better term.
    Agreed.