User Tag List

First 1234 Last

LadyLazarus

ISFP stands for Introverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving. People with this personality type are known for being gentle, compassionate, uncomplicated, spontaneous, natural, peaceful and modest. They highly value their personal freedom and need plenty of private time and space, in which to follow their calling, very often represented by nature and artistic activities. Kind, generous and sensitive, ISFPs often have a developed emotional intelligence and are gifted at correctly reading the body language and unexpressed feelings of those around them. Their warm and empathetic nature, as well as their need for harmony and serenity, will drive them to help those in need or in suffering, usually in concrete and tangible ways. Despite their childlike joy and playfulness, they can be regarded by some as hesitant, soft and naive.
    Wow this is so far off.

I like this one! The ENFP fits well for me

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

ESFJ stands for Extroverted Sensing Feeling Judging. People with this personality type are kind, polite, helpful, altruistic, affectionate, traditional and friendly. They need to feel that they're a useful and appreciated part of their community; therefore they will embrace and champion the social conventions and traditions that exist in their society. Orderly, neat and well-behaved, they are always careful to appropriately fulfill their social role, as dictated by the nature of the relationships involved. ESFJs are often pleasant, gracious, sympathetic people, who love to help others in practical and tangible ways, making sure everyone is fitting in and relationships are peaceful and harmonious within their family or group. Their acute need for praise and gratitude, however, may occasionally cause others to see them as clingy, manipulative and pushy.
    Meh, I suppose. Not a huge fan of this part though. It kind of makes me sound like a 50's housewife robot.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    Meh, I suppose. Not a huge fan of this part though. It kind of makes me sound like a 50's housewife robot.
    The problem with such a type description is that it fails to acknowledge that there could be many different social conventions and traditions which might exist in a society, particularly in industrialized, first world nations.

The problem with such a type description is that it fails to acknowledge that there could be many different social conventions and traditions which might exist in a society, particularly in industrialized, first world nations.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I didn't get that exact vibe from it, but some of the word choice felt kind of condescending. Like how you'd describe a "good child". So orderly and well-behaved!
    Last edited by EJCC; 06-06-2014 at 08:58 AM. Reason: changed my mind a bit
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

ndovjtjcaqidthi

INTJ stands for Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging. This personality type is withdrawn, intellectual, reflective, unconventional, abstract, insightful and methodical. These people are typically hard to read and tend to come across as dispassionate, unemotional, quirky, yet very self-controlled. Their most treasured pursuit is the one for knowledge, for the fundamental truth behind appearances and INTJs have a natural flair for seeking, discerning and understanding the very essence of things. While on the outside, they often appear to be logical, cautious, rational and skeptical individuals, their inner life of the mind is rich beyond belief with symbols, meaning and innovative visions of the future. Although often brilliant and ahead of their time, they are sometimes perceived by their peers as being rather strange, arrogant and distant.

/10

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    INTJ stands for Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging. This personality type is withdrawn, intellectual, reflective, unconventional, abstract, insightful and methodical. These people are typically hard to read and tend to come across as dispassionate, unemotional, quirky, yet very self-controlled. Their most treasured pursuit is the one for knowledge, for the fundamental truth behind appearances and INTJs have a natural flair for seeking, discerning and understanding the very essence of things. While on the outside, they often appear to be logical, cautious, rational and skeptical individuals, their inner life of the mind is rich beyond belief with symbols, meaning and innovative visions of the future. Although often brilliant and ahead of their time, they are sometimes perceived by their peers as being rather strange, arrogant and distant.

/10
    0 or 10?

I really like this explanation. I think most focus too much on systematization and too little on abstract essentialism.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by solipsists View Post
    0 or 10?

I really like this explanation. I think most focus too much on systematization and too little on abstract essentialism.
    All of it, so ten.

And I agree.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Never been a fan of ESTJ descriptions' use of the word "domineering", probably because that's usually the only part of the description that doesn't apply to me.
    This particular description does say perceived as domineering, which is different than saying they are domineering.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga