First 12

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

yeah, i'm an extrovert, and i feel like i understand introverts. i'm not always on their page of course, but i think it just takes really getting to know a few.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    in a more recent tedtalk Andrew Solomon said something that can provide an interesting context for this:
    "Identity politics always works on two fronts: to give pride to people who have a given condition or characteristic, and to cause the outside world to treat such people more gently and more kindly. Those are two totally separate enterprises, but progress in each sphere reverberates in the other."
    in that context, the goal of ascribing "the power of introverts" is not about accurately attributing power or advantage, it's making introverted feeling empowered - inspiring pride.
    Sure, I didnt think differently.

the bias here is not ill intended or even motivated by fear: on the outside, introversion shares a shallow resemblance with symptoms of depression, not really to a greater degree then you can say extroversion shares some shallow resemblance with mania, but while the difference between extroverted behavior and mania are easily noticeable since the spectrum is external, the difference between introversion and depression are a lot less so, since they would manifest internally. people feeling sorry for introverted family members and friends is not condescension, but it is presumption.
    Thats a good point, tho mania and extroversion are equally tough to distinguish, since the spectrum underlies subjective interpretation. If the maniac is charming enough, all critic gets lost.

So I dont know, why introverts would need special treatment now.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    Why not?(this is an honest question)
    What I meant is basically this :
    “He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words.” -Elbert Hubbard
    Nothing more, nothing less.

I do not want to imply introverts have an advantage. But let's face it : It's actually considered as a disadvantage by folks who will never know better.

“In an extroverted society, the difference between an introvert and an extrovert is that an introvert is often unconsciously deemed guilty until proven innocent.” -Criss Jami, Venus in Arms
    Yeah...I googled "quotes introverts"

Of all 4 MBTI dichotomies I lately think introversion / extraversion is the hardest to distinguish. I know someone who came out as ESTP, while he barely even speaks ! And I'm pretty sure I would get typed as an extrovert if I asked my aquintances. So it's a really thin line. And perhaps it's better not to make bold statements on it.

Quote Originally Posted by meowington View Post
    What I meant is basically this :
    “He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words.” -Elbert Hubbard
    Nothing more, nothing less.

I do not want to imply introverts have an advantage. But let's face it : It's actually considered as a disadvantage by folks who will never know better.

“In an extroverted society, the difference between an introvert and an extrovert is that an introvert is often unconsciously deemed guilty until proven innocent.” -Criss Jami, Venus in Arms
    Yeah...I googled "quotes introverts"

Of all 4 MBTI dichotomies I lately think introversion / extraversion is the hardest to distinguish. I know someone who came out as ESTP, while he barely even speaks ! And I'm pretty sure I would get typed as an extrovert if I asked my aquintances. So it's a really thin line. And perhaps it's better not to make bold statements on it.
    Thanks for clarifying, I understand better what you meant now.

I agree that we live in a highly extraverted society, which doesnt necessarily have more extroverts as much as it values extroversion. We value only presentation, appearance, success, dynamism, "go for it" attitutudes and believe it or not, even as an extravert myself, it gets old to hear about...like what about the part of ourselves that wants to draw inward, introspect, understand, gain insight, wisdom etc? Why are these things never valued?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I'd have sex with her for her spunkiness and/in opening up my eyes to how interesting introverts can be (INs)