User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    yupp

I was thinking, according to pop psychology and the stereotype of a narcissist i could be considered one, not in the clinical sense. But I know I am awesome, and all this other stuff. the difference is I guess I don't step on people to get ahead, I wait my turn and rather succeed in an honest way. So maybe I'm not.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Ginkgo

This site has been considered "narcissism central" by @Mole, but you have to wonder just how effective critical typology systems are at weeding out people who fail to tolerate criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    This site has been considered "narcissism central" by @Mole, but you have to wonder just how effective critical typology systems are at weeding out people who fail to tolerate criticism.
    Criticism always hurts. So to hear and benefit from criticism, we need to have emotional restraint. And emotional restraint is the hallmark of emotional intelligence.

In a similar vein, cognitive dissonance is emotionally painful. So to listen to and benefit from cognitive dissonance we need emotional restraint.

So the emotionally intelligent can benefit from criticism and cognitive dissonance.

And criticism and cognitive dissonance are the hallmarks of creativity.

Ignore them.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post
    Get rid of all the mirrors in their house and watch them go insane in 3 minutes flat.
    NO! Fill their entire house with mirrors and trap them in, eventually they wont remember who the real one is and go insane from the imperfection in the 'real' reflection of themselves.

Plus mirrors can be smashed to make sharp objects....suitable for....wrist slashing....
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

a person that places themselves at the pinnacle, or position they have the most power an delegate according to every whim, wrong or right that they desire, an, an makes it so your world, an everyone elses world evolves around them an are somewhat dependent on them? cause something about that enslavement thing, that just make them soooooo hard.

i usually keep my head down an do what im told.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    a person that places themselves at the pinnacle, or position they have the most power an delegate according to every whim, wrong or right that they desire, an, an makes it so your world, an everyone elses world evolves around them an are somewhat dependent on them? cause something about that enslavement thing, that just make them soooooo hard.

i usually keep my head down an do what im told.
    You see that a bit wrongly. A narcisst is a person who isnt able to take on other peoples feelings and has himself a bad self-conciensce. This kind of people, we have a billion on the world, but the thing that narcissts make differently is that they dont cope in tears but in style.

Narcissts are people like everyone else. But only a professional can help them.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    You see that a bit wrongly. A narcisst is a person who isnt able to take on other peoples feelings and has himself a bad self-conciensce. This kind of people, we have a billion on the world, but the thing that narcissts make differently is that they dont cope in tears but in style.

Narcissts are people like everyone else. But only a professional can help them.
    there are degrees of narcissim an im speaking about it, in its ugliest most extreme. no need for the new spin on it.
    people in massive hordes can be douchey as well.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    there are degrees of narcissim an im speaking about it, in its ugliest most extreme. no need for the new spin on it.
    people in massive hordes can be douchey as well. so i can see where narcissism has its use
    narcissm is an illness, it has no use
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]