• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Developing The Inferior Function

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here is the punchline:

So how then, do we develop our tertiary and inferior so that we can make skilful use of them? Some suggest that doing activities that engage these functions helps, but more than anything, the critical part is just being able to relax and not remain doggedly attached to our ego values.

The lesson I share with you is that if you want to develop your inferiors, it’s great if you can find activities and situations in which you can practice them, without stress or fear of making a mistake.

As one of our ESFP viewers has noted, a relationship with someone whose dominants are our inferiors and vice versa, can provide exactly the kind of loving and supportive environment that can facilitate such growth. But the key is really just being able to remain relaxed and fluid; detached from ego if you will.

Transcript here

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The very last part makes sense to me, as to why I get along best with ESFP's so well.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bam. In a nutshell, that last part is what drives Socionics' idea of duality.

Wouldn't my dual be an ISFj though, if I were an ENTj?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This thread talks about a couple of books that have more information on the topic of developing functions. I have read them but haven't tried any of the techniques in any of them. Has anybody else?

This link to the Functions of Type shows a few pages to give you an idea as to what the authors of that book recommend.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This thread talks about a couple of books that have more information on the topic of developing functions. I have read them but haven't tried any of the techniques in any of them. Has anybody else?

I have tried some for Se. I personally find that particular function to be hard for me to proactively develop.

Te I didn't need much help on at all, I pretty much got those down. They energize me as well. The next easiest function for me to try to practice was Fi.